Risk of weapon degradation upon getting downed

With missions completed, GZ currently seems to be all about getting experimentals. The only motivation to keep playing then is to help your friends get those same experimentals, and then you roam Östertörn like gods mowing down machines just for the hell of it. What’s the worst that could happen if you attack two tanks and a nearby harvester and a group of hunters decides to join in…

Where is the risk? The current penalty for death is very low indeed. You respawn with full health at the nearest safehouse and… well, that’s it really? Those experimental weapons sure look flimsy, with all those little wires and things sticking out everywhere. Would be a damn shame if anything were to happen to it.

I suggest there should be a risk of degrading the currently wielded weapon (or one of its attachments?) upon getting downed. Something like (tier*5)% so it doesn’t happen all the time, but the risk becomes significant with higher quality and makes you think twice about fielding your most prized possessions. And maybe it would even make us think twice about engaging the enemy whenever and wherever, bringing back some of the more careful tactics from back when we first started playing GZ.

And no, the adrenaline shot should not save us from this.

There’s already a good discussion about this taking place in here: Wear and tear - if you care

Unless I’m very much mistaken, that thread is about degrading weapons during ordinary use, a mechanic I most certainly do not want unless there’s also some way for a player to do maintenance and counter it. Otherwise, it just discourages any and all use of weapons.

So, if you’re not talking about weapon degradation during normal use (which is sensible), are you then talking about death penalty? If so, there’s topic for that too: Death Penalty When Dying