Soviet pack 2 concept

Hey Homies just wanted to propose a list of three interesting Soviet weapons that could be included in a second pack ! Just spit balling some balance and uses below. Additionally, I made sure to research that all three weapons were in use at the time of the 1989 invasion :slight_smile:

PTRS-41 - Powerful anti material rifle like the PVG-90, but more better chance to take off limbs and penetration, however no optic and higher bullet drop off. What BOOM tho! I think this weapon fits in the game world as it wouldn’t be surprising at all for a Spetsnaz team to opt to take this with them upon getting briefed that they would be in combat with armored robots. ammo - 14.5X114mm!
s-l500|500x353
300px-PTRS_41

SKS - Iconic, sexy. Also, less recoil than the AK and the ability to mount a powerful scope. However, less ammo and longer reload. ammo - 7.62X39
yugo-m-59-series-full-lead

Skorpion - fast firing and mean looking! Also, used extensively by various Eastern Bloc Spetsnaz units throughout the Cold War. this could chambered in either .32 ACP , .380 , or 9mm. So could be alt choice to Com-10 with different ammo type? or just stay 9mm.
czechpoint-scorpion-swmp-jan-2015-solo

Lemme know what you guys think! Personally, I love the way the weapons feel in this game and would love more, even the old war packs that have been suggested in the past seem fun!

1 Like

I once wrote down some thoughts about a second soviet weapon pack.

Your ideas are not bad, but I still would prefer a pistol, a SMG (like the skorpion) and a LMG.

The SKS you mentioned is not very different than the Kotenok.

1 Like

Ah yes, the Kotenok… Personally, my least favorite weapon in game due to balance. How in the world can they let a 7.52X54 round hit like a pistol? It needs a damage buff, then perhaps the SKS could fill in the Kotenok’s former niche. Asking for a lot and may not happen but hey! fun to speculate at least lol.

LMG could easily be Either a PKM or a RPK. Eiether would bee cool in my book!
Handgun could be Nagant Revolver!

Or something even more Cold War Spy/KGB style, the OTs-38 Stechkin silent revolver :slight_smile:

PTRS-41 is what I would personally have the most fun with I think hehe, and it fits into the universe very well!

2 Likes

As a Czech I would like to add that the scorpion is a Czech weapon. I would love to see it in the game. Otherwise I don’t miss any weapons in the game except Deagl, but it doesn’t belong here because it’s definitely not a Soviet weapon.

2 Likes

Heck yeah the Deagle would be awesome tho, i agree! Much respect to the Czech arms industry my brother! I thought about mentioning the VZ. 58, perhaps the finest quality rifle from the Eastern Bloc during the cold war :slight_smile: just my imo

1 Like

What about a Tokarev TT33?

I mean I think a nagant revolver would be really cool. We need more revolvers we already have 3 pistol.

2 Likes

Yes I suppose that would be more accurate to the 1980’s. I low key want another Soviet pack to further my KGB deep recon LARP build lol

Why not, fastest gun in the east :cowboy_hat_face:

I think a second Soviet weapon pack would be cool, for sure, but it should take into account the events that have happened since the Soviet assault. The initial assault failed, their forces were routed, and their robots are scattered all over the place. A second Soviet care package of weapons and equipment would need to take that into account, so I propose a little bit of a different vibe for the second pack.

Although their initial assault failed, the Soviets must have gathered some useful intelligence on FNIX’s robots and their weaknesses. Some experimental prototypes might be prepared especially to fight Hunters, Tanks, or Harvesters. To avoid power creep, the Soviet weapons added to your inventory would be regular blue tier rarity, but by finding the schematics for the experimental versions, you could discover parts in abandoned Soviet camps or craft experimental ammo yourself. Alternatively, the guns wouldn’t be experimental in the original Rival update sense, but rather they’d be in a class of their own: Field Test. They could have permanent attachments that give them alternate fire modes or abilities that trigger on cooldown.

As for the guns themselves, I have a few choice picks.
The TKB-408 for putting lots of rounds into a Harvester’s power packs!

The KS-23 for getting up close with Hunters!

The DP-64 for hitting tanks from a (relatively) safe distance!

I think weapon DLCs can be a lot of fun if you look for cool prototypes and find a good gameplay niche for them. I’ll admit, I added the TKB-408 instead of something heavier because I’m a really big fan of the design, but you could replace it with any number of automatic rifles or SMGs.
The PPK-42, for example.

Ah but I’ll stop before I post too many pictures!

3 Likes

Hey. Nice ideas.

I love the design of the TKB-408, too.
And a double barrel grenade launcher is cool, too.

Don’t forget we still have the AT-WAD with its builtin surpressor and high firerate. That’s why I don’t see another automatic rifle (except a SMG or LMG) for a dlc. Same with the RPG we still have. I don’t think that there will be another grenade launcher in a new pack.

The shotgun, to be true, looks almost the same as the 12G. I don’t see any benefit in another semi automatic pump action shotgun.

I may repeat myself, but along with a new weapons pack, or instead of a new weapons pack, they should improve the way we get these weapons. I really hate that we have a 3c version of each dlc-item directly from the first plundra.

There should be events that give us a chance to get higher class (3c and up) versions of each weapon, some ammo or equipment.

The schematics should also be available by base defense or base assault, not from the beginning.

Where is the challenge?

Buy a weapon pack, start with heavy weapons, craft ammo for some of them just from the start…
But… You may craft ammo for AT-WAD, the RPG or the us grenade launcher, the bow and the flamethrower as soon as you have a crafting station. But you still have to find schematics for crafting ammo for your real starting gun or other dlc guns like kotenok, n16, n9,… And some of these schematics are found late in the game, when you probably just have found better guns.

If you like the idea of improving the weapon packs, follow this:

Back to the original topic:

What else options of weapons do be have for a possible soviet weapon pack 2, besides the already mentioned?

There could be a melee weapon, an AA rocket launcher, other grenades… But what else that could make sense?

Should we look primary at gaps for soviet weapon types or at gaps for making some ammo more useful (.32 for example)?

Edit: corrected the shotgun sentence.

1 Like

To clarify, the KS-23 isn’t semi-automatic, it’s pump action. I think the feature that would differentiate it would be the absolutely huge shells it uses. The shotguns already in-game both use 12 gauge, while the KS-23 uses 23×75mmR shells, roughly equivalent to 6.27 gauge. Its magazine size is three, with one in the chamber making four. The shells are pretty much the biggest shotgun shell currently in use in a small arm, far as I’m aware. I think your imagination will have to do the rest, as I can’t seem to find a picture for a direct comparison.

4 Likes

I love these ideas! Very 1980’s/cold war aesthetic to them as well! Honestly, great brainstorming! Glad there are like minded Soviet Weapon lovers in the community :slight_smile: Is that last pic from Enlisted? Love that game lol

1 Like

Yup! The IMFDB page for Enlisted is a mile long, and the people adding pictures are very methodical, which makes it a great place to get pictures of cool guns.

1 Like

First Dragunov ad M14 they could use ammunition 243 greater vicon
second PPŠ-41 on ammunition 32acp

Excuse me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t there a skorpion in the European weapons pack?
perhaps a PPSH-41 instead?

I do like the other two

You’re right, but this topic is a bit older than the eastern european weapon pack is.

Fair enough, though in the end I guess my ideal Soviet WP 2 would be:

SKS (assuming they don’t butcher it like other DMRs)
Nagant revolver
and either the PPK-42 or PPSH-41

To be fair the Nagant is actually a Belgian design. And it was used by the Swedish army aswell even though Russians was the major user. Revolver m/1888 if I remember the Swedish name for it. It was in use by K9 units as late as the 80s.

I did not know that, interesting.