Spiking the guns and other mission problems

• Been to the mission least 6 time cannot spike the guns mission said completed, but on the Logs it still
    needs to be completed ?.

few mission like this

• Find the plane mission again look every where not found it.
  • When you get the weapons from the police station and the plane ids shot down you have to find it and destroy the 4 Hunters first time they where there, but on re spawning, they where not, and the plane still has the mission icon over it, and Hunters not there to destroy, or am I missing something.

I had a lot of games freezing last one 07 to 08th Aug Klacksundsfyren got to the end and I was at the top of the lighthouse and could not move, in the end had to close the game down.
it not the first time happens at least 3 other time always near the end of a mission ???.

OK this needs sorting out, any body else having the same problems.

Spike the gun there is none to spike, cannot complete the mission.

Normal lives, Destroyed all of the machines at the newly weds cabin, there none there but the icon still shows one left you can walk right up the icon and there no machine there, look all round, went out of the map and back in still no machine, anyone know why ?, but the log show it not completed.

Find the falling aircraft, again looked every where no aircraft and no indication where it may be, again still in the log to be completed.
if the game maker looking at theses post then please get the problems sorted, because I send the auto messaged when it comes up.

Regards
Customer

Same issue topics merged.

Do not cross-post the same issue several times, that is against forum rules.

Moreover, when reporting a bug, make one bug report per topic, by following: READ BEFORE POSTING - How to Make a Bug Report. Also, do not make a list of bugs in one topic since it’s difficult to properly monitor these kinds of lists.

//Mod

Hey @Pacman3 :wave:

What platform are you on?

IF you are on PC it would be great if you would be up for sending us a copy of your save file as it would help us a lot having an affected save file when investigating this issue.

1. Your save file can be found here: Documents\Avalanche Studios\GenerationZero\Saves
  2. Right-click the save folder (containing “savegame” and “savegame.bac”) > send to > compressed (zipped) folder
  3. Go to https://wetransfer.com/ (No account required)
  4. Click the “…” button and select “get transfer link”
  5. Add/attach the .zip archive with the save file(s)
  6. Upload and copy the link
  7. Send me a DM here on the forum and include the link from wetransfer

IF you are on XB1 (or PS4) please reach out to Drennon via DM according to his post shown below, and be sure to link this report you’ve written when contacting him so he knows what issue you are contacting him about.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting! :pray:

1 Like

These are the same problems, mission you cannot complete because because there something missing in the missions nor being recorded correctly or a bug somewhere.

And since you posted the same problem 3 times, they all will get merged into one topic.

Also, i suggest that you answer Avalanche_knivspark’s questions, to help the troubleshoot the issue and provide more information. Just saying “it’s broken” doesn’t help to fix it.

I tried to use and send files to https://wetransfer.com and it kept asking for an email other than mine before it let me transfer the files.
each time I sent the logs, when the game crashes, do you get them or are they the files that need sending.

Hello again @Pacman3 :wave:

Based on your reply I’m assuming you are on PC.

And just to be clear, what I want sent is your save file, I’m not asking for the crash dump / log, when that window pops up you can just send it in via the button prompt.

Anyway, you do not need an account OR email to send me your save file (See step 3 and 4). Follow the steps below and you should get a link that you can copy and send to me in a DM here in the forum.

1. Your save file can be found here: Documents\Avalanche Studios\GenerationZero\Saves
  2. Right-click the save folder (containing “savegame” and “savegame.bac”) > send to > compressed (zipped) folder
  3. Go to https://wetransfer.com/ (No account or email required)
  4. Click the “…” button and select “get transfer link”
  5. Add/attach the .zip archive with the save file(s)
  6. Upload and copy the link
  7. Send me a DM here on the forum and include the link from wetransfer

Thank you for your time! :pray:

1 Like
  • What part of the mission are you? e.g. What objective are you on?
  • How does “Spiking The Guns” look in your log?
  • Are all objectives completed but still mission is not completed?
  • Can you provide a screenshot of the mission in your log?
1 Like

number 7 what is send me a DM on the forum ?

Ok add the the save files to wetransfer and they sent me a like it below, I also do the screen dumps and send them.

If you go to any user profile (by clicking on their username), you can see big blue “Message” button on the right of the screen. Clicking it opens up PM (DM) window, where you can type your message to him/her.

DM = Direct Message
PM = Private Message

thank you racked my brain, but as you see gave up and asked.

2 Likes

Yes, what @Aesyle wrote:

Anyway, I grabbed the saves from the link you put here on the thread so I will take a look at this tomorrow morning when I get back to work. Will check in here when I have taken a closer look at the save.

Thanks @Pacman3! :floppy_disk:

1 Like

thanks, it a great game, I know there always teething problems in developing a new game, the more we help you the more we help ourselves in making it a better game.
Paul

1 Like

Hey @Pacman3 :wave:

We’ve tested your save file and I’ll share our test results below. Also, FYI for future bug reports we do not recommend reporting several mission issues in the same thread as it can easily get a bit messy.

• Normal Lives (Alpine Unrest) - This mission is blocked in your save and for many other players as well, and it has been reported heavily (See main thread below). I can’t make any promises at this time but this should hopefully be fixed with the next patch.
  • Nothing But The Snow (Alpine Unrest) - This mission was already completed on your save but reading your earlier comments it seems you had a hard time finding the downed aircraft? But seems like you figured it out. Just in case the location of the aircraft can be seen on the screenshot below.

nothing%20but%20the%20snow%20-%20location%20of%20aircraft

• Spiking The Guns - Using your save we were able to complete this mission by killing the remaining tick (see image below - hopefully this image will give you an idea of where to find it).

spiking%20the%20guns%20-%20remaining%20tick

Hopefully this is helpful. Please take another look and see if you can complete “Spiking The Guns” by taking out that remaining Tick.

When you’ve tried this please let us know how it went! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks have a look for the tick
and the aircraft.
did you pick the other up I sent about the robot icon on kill the machines at the wedding party sent a picture showing a machine icon but no machine, as you walk up to the icon it not there, walk away and it comes back.
thanks paul

Thanks found the Tick, now completed.

1 Like

Good to hear @Pacman3!

1 Like