Storage box size

None as of jet. Though, update and DLC come in just 2 days (23rd).

I doubt the plundra box will get much bigger if at all, besides there are weapons I just don’t use any more but like a lot of people im kind of a collector. I just have 3 other characters I use as pack mules and dump my unused inventory there.

2 Likes

Anyone got confirmed numbers on storage capacity for crafting now?

Unfortunately it’s still on 200kg. This is a bit odd considering the character has got 96kg, Plundra should have between 300-500kg.

2 Likes

I’m talking about the crafting inventory

It is still the same;

Also, found a bug of it which i reported here: BUG: Incorrect capacity value for player in Recycling Station

This is not welcome news, appreciate the clarity though.

BTW after installing FNIX Raising DLC, we found some Aluminum? I don’t remember finding that before?

Three new resources were added to the base game with June’20 update;

On top of that, we’ve also expanded Apparel Crafting another 4 tiers so that you have more & better ways to customize your gear - take note, however, that there are now 3 new Crafting materials that you’ll need to gather (titanium, aluminium, tungsten).

Source: https://generationzero.com/en/blog/fnix-rising-patch-notes

Thanks, missed that one

Maybe I’m just a hoarder, but I wish they had expanded the crafting material storage to compensate for the addition of 3 new crafting materials.

1 Like

Just to add a different perspective I think each plundra box should be different so you have to travel around the islands to access all your storage. The idea of a TARDIS storage box that teleports everywhere is really, well… silly. This is an apocalyptic survival shooter. Players should have less storage and be forced to make tougher choices about what they can and can’t do. Right now the game feels like the Matrix where you can just grab guns… lots of guns…

1 Like

Seems like so, yes.

Devs did say why they made the Plundra mirror itself in all safehouses. It is for quality of life since with 100 safehouses on the map, try to remember into which Plundra you put one specific item that you need if each Plundra would have it’s independent storage. So, to avoid that frustration, all Plundras share their storage.

The first part of your sentence is contradictory to what you just said. Right now, we have 200 unit storage in Plundra, regardless which safehouse you’re in. If each Plundra would have it’s independent storage, then we’d have: 100 safehouses times 200 unit per Plundra = 200000 unit storage in the game.

The second part of your sentence was true in the early days since back then, there was no Plundra what-so-ever and you only had what you could carry. Also, your carry capacity was half of what it currently is. (Those were the good old days.) Plundra came to be in August '19 update.

Yes, I’m aware of the game’s history. I didn’t contradict myself. If a player chooses not to fast travel, there’s no contradiction. Its like having actual stashes of equipment dumped at different locations which would be very realistic; in fact the most realistic you could have.

You might have access to tons of gear but it could be a several hour journey through dangerous countryside to get to it.

And yes, you might well forget where a certain item was stored, also realistic. A survivor would have to make hand-written notes on scraps of paper as to where they had stored certain things; perfect for atmosphere.

I think in the last 18 months the devs have chosen to take their creation down a line of game play and attracting a certain player type that doesn’t suit me. I am a member of the small minority who like a hard core game and while the apocalypse class of machines are hard to fight against, the more gritty realism has been lost. I used to enjoy playing back in about Summer-Autumn 2019 when you could actually use correct skirmishing military tactics against the machines, but that’s gone now which is a shame. The crafting part of the game I completely ignore. I am not interested in boots of jumping, a necktie of speed or underpants of fire resistance, or whatever they are. Those features to me are really daft and I am playing this game purely for the atmosphere, the weather and graphics and the ambience and the sneak and hide and run game that’s still possible. I’ll never get any special weapons because I almost never combat anything bigger than a runner because, to me, a survivor wouldn’t risk it.

I self-impose quite a few restrictions on my own gameplay to make the game harder and more immersive and its great to have a FPS game where you can at least have that choice. 80s Sweden is also a cool setting; unique.

There’s still a good chunk of the game I enjoy but I wish there were more for me to enjoy and less I ignore.

2 Likes

Plz add more space in the storage box, cauz we cannot add enought ammo in it to play at the guerilla difficulty , its annoying. And 96 max weight for the player is not enought to, am full all the time​:rage::rage:.

2 Likes

How much ammo do you need in your Plundra? 5000 rounds? 10.000 rounds?
Also, how much ammo you need to carry with you? 1000 rounds? 2000 rounds?

I also play in Guerilla difficulty but in solo mode and to me, both Plundra and carry capacity are more than enough + then some.

Here, i suggest that you improve your aim. This way, you’ll land more hits and doesn’t waste that much of an ammo.

2 Likes

Sir, this game is not about hoarding.
While, sure, many seem to think it is, it is not.

One should only carry what he needs: I had an A5 5C and .50 5C, I kept around 250 ammo for the A5, and 50 for the .50.
Now I run an A4 and .50, 200 for A4 and still 50 for the .50.
Note, it goes up by max 30 to 50 rounds, when I go for a larger group.

The A4 is scoped 4x8, silencer, clip, all 5C.
I engage from long distances, shot per shot, if I ran out of .50.
However, by then most big machines are down, and smaller machines can be picked off by the A4.

Tactile thinking will help you a LOT in game.
When I hear machines, I see how far they are, get out of detection range without getting detected, but still try to keep LoS, to snipe them off from distance.
Too bad, the .50 now has quite a big spread, but it still works.

This method takes time, sir, it’s not: “Brain to zero, guns blazing” AT ALL.
But it does miracles ammo and health packs wise. :slight_smile:

IF I get detected, and trust me, I often GET detected, I take off.
Once they stop following, I try to return to pick them off still.
One very good method is to run through heavy scaling terrain, it’s hard for them to follow you there.

If you are down on ammo… switch to “easy mode” and stock up there…

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

@Jasonxweed
Sir, if I may ask, how much ammo do you have, how many weapons are you carrying, in short, how does your inventory/Plundra looks like?

1 Like

Kvm59 and pvg experimental, 1300 rounds 50.and 6000 rounds of kvm and a tons of first aid. In my inventory its to. Much?

1 Like

Drop to 1K rounds for 59’er and 300 MAX rounds for .50.

How much HP packs of what type?

1 Like