Weapon Wheel Megathread

Exactly my point it’s ruined the game for me to be honest you just get blown to hell whenever you try to use it

6 Likes

Yeah but they’ve missed that bit out here they need to:

1. Implement time stop while using the wheel
    (But that would destroy immersion)

2. Make it optional to use that or old system
    (May be difficult to Implement and might cause issues)

3. Make it so only the aiming thumb stick controls the wheel so you can still move while using it at least
    ( I see no reason this cant be done?)

What’s everyone’s opinion on this? It clearly isn’t right now and needs addressing but which solution is best I personally just want the old system back but would settle for option 3

1 Like

Merged with the main feedback topic.

//Mod

Thank you for moving the thread over

1 Like

The update is still downloading but i hope i manage to use this feature well.
Now that i think about it, every game where weapons wheels works the game automatically pauses when we use it…

Not a fan of the wheel. At least give the option to switch to old method.

7 Likes

Moved to feedback topic.

//Mod

2 Likes

No, I don’t think so.
But more important is, that there will never be a pause in this game.

I can’t count how often I told that it’s a multiplayer game, even if you play alone, and that there will never be a pause-mode.

It even not pauses when you quit the game. Maybe you have noticed that the time of day after may have be changed when closing the game and continuing the next day. Also the rivals (and other machines) are at different positions.

You misunderstood me.
I meant that all games where they have this system they have a pause or slow motion function.
It works because of that.
Here it does not work that well.
Ive been playing this since late october 2019 xD

1 Like

They had months (since at least July?) to playtest this feature, and a lot of comments so far make it feel like they did not nail the UX : people are confused or report bugs (whether they are real ones remains to be investigated)…

Systemic Reaction could have also planned some kind of “How to use new mechanics” content in preparation to this day… :sweat_smile::man_shrugging:

Also, @Mr_A1992, I think that some other games run at full speed, but this is apparently problematic in the case of Generation Zero, probably because of the fact that players stop moving immediately and because both sticks are bound to “selection”.

1 Like

My feedback for the moment.
We can still use the quick switch weapon.
Otherwhise things would be much more difficult.
At least on PS4, you can change between the last 2 items you used.
Its not what i would wanted if i asked for this, but its better than only be able to use the radial wheel.
It does indeed take a bit more of time.

So i would say 3 out 5 stars.

• Good part - You can have more weapons and items not requiring you to enter the slow inventory menu.

• Bad part - You are vulnerable when under attack, at least during 1-2 seconds even if you are fast.

3 Likes

Guys i havent played GZ since October 2021, il delete this next.
What was the function of the R1 button on the PS4??
L1 was and is to use the Emotes.

I cant remember!!

I just ask, because I don’t had time to test it yet…
What about the dpad? Can it still be used for equipment like binoculars (free to choose)?

Otherwise the benefit of the wheel isn’t as big… 8 items instead of 7 (4 items on dpad + 3 weapons). You would just now be free to choose more weapons on cost of items.

I’m excited to test later this day.

1 Like

Dpad now just serves to change ammo, and now i see i answered myself, R1 was to change ammo types!!

To select ammo-type or weapon-mode (double-tab).

1 Like

Four buttons for changing ammo?
Not a single one for (fixed) for example the binoculars?

1 Like

No, but you can quick press the radial menu button and one of the action buttons. Basically, the radial menu has 8 slots, and the four cardinal slots are also bounded to A/B/X/Y or square/cross/circle/triangle

On PS4
You just use the Left (change weapon mode) and Right (Switch ammo)
the up and down buttons are no longer used for anything.

2 Likes

feature request

Please bind dpad up to binoculars and dpad down to flashlight.

Flashlight is R3, as always has been.

But yeh UP for binoculares
and DOWN for medkit would be VERY USEFUL.

6 Likes