The Landfall Update - Patch Notes

OMG! THE RADIAL MENU IS AWESOME!

YOU ALSO FIXED… You also fixed the gamepad controls for crouching! :raised_hands::tada::confetti_ball::partying_face:

Honestly, that’s all that matter to me. I want a polished experience above all.

Next, bring us Zach Zebrowski so we can ask a ton of questions about the game, like the map revamp (Why? How? What?), the state of the game, the state of development, etc.

You can’t expect us to invest time (and definitely money) on something that is shifting. Don’t make a No Man’s Sky, please. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work, am keeping the mystery so passed on all the machine info, am having trouble selecting more than 4 options on weapons wheel can only get 4 to work on console, but look forward to exploring and discovering the new invasion , great work all :+1: :uk:

1 Like

Hopefully that’s OK if I keep writing here…

I just wanted to say that I feel like that intro movie was

1. a bit unnecessary;
  2. weird; and
  3. disruptive.

I think the old text-based intro card was good enough and was effective because it let the player imagine stuff in their own head. Now, we have those pictures in our head about some kind of resistance. (I get that it’s the point though…)

The “weird” part comes from the fact that there’s this shot where the text is “You don’t know what fired; or why”, yet the entire shot shows a robot. :rofl: Like… Do we know, or don’t? I really raised an eyebrow when I saw that shot. :sweat_smile:

I guess the “disruptive” part is also because the addition of this intro sequence kinda puts in our face that the storytelling (and probably the story itself) was not finished when you shipped the game… By showing us the militia guarding a church in one of the shots, you are truly giving people new information that wasn’t shared before in the intro. I hate it when games ship incomplete story or unfinished storytelling mechanics only to make changes later.

More devs should do like Coffee Stain Studios is doing with Satisfactory and pledge to ship their story only once its ready and final.

Still… That’s only an opinion about the storytelling, and I already told you how happy I am about the UX and UI changes. :smiley:

3 Likes

Where are my animals? :thinking: Damn

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sub-thread: Radial Wheel

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sub-thread: Radial Wheel

Feedback thread about the Radial Wheel can be found right here.

//Mod

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sub-thread: Radial Wheel

Nah just me being stupid worked it out now :joy:

1 Like

@GhostMJ it sure would be nice having these weapons in Call of the Wild! But don’t you think every varm-blooded animal with a pulse would have been wiped out by the robots gone wild? Animals like foxes, rabits and birds could have escaped perhaps.

1 Like

Thank you, DEVs, so much for getting these updates out. I know you guys take a lot of heat when things don’t go right, but I have really enjoyed playing today. Again, Thank you for your efforts.

1 Like

First impression from a couple of hours solo and MP - a nice surprise!

More added details and a few changes makes a fresh start learning a SafeHouse area again. Trucks got interior details, nice touch! Good 5-star items dropped from Russian Tanks, with these drops and Plundra upgrade option it makes sense creating an extra character with spare weapons to use for it (and extra characters = extra storage once carry capacity skills added).

I am a bit sceptical to the BB-8 choice (yes there are yellow ones), those things have to jump quite a bit when firing anything and get less accuracy with heavy artillery. Adding that extra detail would give them more realistic behaviour and seem less incredible like a visit from a parallel future war. A Russian Iron Man from alternate Marvel time line comes next or what?

Small bugs noticed but one major easy to fix is that the press R-key to invite friends to MP in PC/Steam is missing! I was like, hey how did I invite a friend, are MP disabled now?

Please add the [R] instruction on MP screen again asap.

I missed the video… Maybe I wasnt paying attention when it played? When is it supposed to play?

1 Like

It only loads when the player has no existing save.

1 Like

Safe Houses Gone PS5

Logged on this morning half my safe houses have vanished, not sure where to post this?
I am game end completed everything apart from Landfall ! Anyone else had this ?

Why are you do you want animals? You have written this in two threads already

1 Like

Were the N16 iron sights changed in this update or the last? I only just noticed it in this update but they look much better then they used to lol

I think that was a joke.

1 Like

To add I am also getting a safe house unlocked text loop and xp every time I start new session, this lasts for about minute or so!

1 Like

Tried to play Cross-platform (PC - Xbox One) last night post the update, and now the Xbox one system cannot invite for multiplayer. Option is completely gone.

Also, the new weapons wheel completely blows as you have to now stop moving / running to switch equipment whereas before it was easier on the fly…

Please advise what happened on the multiplayer invite as it forced us to host from the PC, which was not the prior host, and thus a lot of our saves were lost!

1 Like