Deployable sentry turret and more Traps

Would love to see a deployable Sentry turret you could perhaps craft.

Also would love to see more traps. Trip wire mines, prox mine, sticky bombs etc…

5 Likes

Paper airplane EMP

:wink:

1 Like

I these things would add variety to the gameplay especially when playing solo…

2 Likes

@Lamoi

I like the idea of having more traps in the game aswell.
(don’t need a turret so much however)

Just like you say: Trip wire mines, proximines, stickybombs, …
And if they make it to the game at some point I would also like to suggest that
these traps, depending on how much damage they do, can be combined in one slot.
Like the handgrenads. You can have 5 handgrenades in one slot but only 1 mine per slot.
With the traps it could be similar. Small traps could also be like 5 or 10 per slot and
the really large traps go 1 per slot like the gas bottles.

It would be a nice addition to the game aswell, in the future, if these traps could be build
from the loot you find, even with extra builing/technician perks in the perk tree to spend XP on.

Last idea, and quite a simple one, a bow/crosbow could be added with arrows that,
kind of like the bobytraps, can be crafted from loot and have different functions.
Like stun, fire, explosion, confusion or small EMP, … Also a firetorch could be stuck
onto an arrow making it possible to attract robots at a greater distance.
Rambo meets Terminator - Totally in the 80’s trend the game plays in.

I’m more of a sniper myself and my weapon of choice will always be a good sniper rifle.
So lucky for me this game covers all my needs, but it could be something others would enjoy.

1 Like

Atomic Bomb Darts :joy:

@ moonmists yeah as you described.

Would love more inventive and elaborate traps to craft to really flesh out the gameplay and enhance the single player experience.

The deployable sentey gun turret I would like to see added as well. I don’t think it’s far fetched given the fiction of the game. You could build it from parts scavenged off destroyed robots. A sensor off one, and gun and motherboard off another.

I love sentry Guns in games. They enable some fun tactical gameplay.

2 Likes

I would like to see automatic turrets in the basebuilding update, wich you can place and they automaticly shoot enemys with ammo you place inside

3 Likes

Turrets sound pretty cool, but I don’t how the devs will bring them into the game, maybe further down the game you can find turrets that will defend the outposts that you can hack into and bring them back to base? That’s the only way I could see turrets coming to the game.

Or by crafting them using a KVM and some other stuff like a tripod

1 Like

I was thinking something like that. That would be pretty cool when defending your base.

I wish for there to be tripods in the game, not the WotW tripods, but machine gun tripods that you can put in your base to defend against the machines. It would be interesting to see how this will be put in the game in the future.

1 Like

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

strictly speaking; a tripod is not a automatic turret.

I can see how a transportable tripod could be beneficial to the gameplay, throw a tripod on the ground, fix your KVM or PVG to it and get a increased accuracy and reduced recoil.
When the rockets start hitting too close for comfort, remove your weapon, pick up your tripod (witch goes back into the items quick menu) and start running :slight_smile:

If you put down a tripod and mount weapon on it, it becomes mounted weapon (aka turret). Set the weapon to automatic fire mode and jerry-rig the firing mechanism to hold the trigger down. Once the weapon starts to fire, it is essentially an automatic turret since it doesn’t need any outside intervention to fire.

Since both concepts are essentially the same, with only one difference (automatic turrets have their own, independent tracking mechanism while tripod mounted weapon needs player to do the tracking and aiming), both discussions can be in one topic.

What if there was a Player Controlled Turret that could be deployed and controlled, but would only last a few minutes. what would this look like?

Another similiar idea, in safehouses there are mounted machineguns for better defence

Several topics about Turrets merged into one topic.

//Mod

Well, it would look like Tediore weapons in Borderlands 3, especially like The Boo+.

i think that i whould be useful if at important safehouses there is diffrent mounted weapons and traps so you coukd have a cool battle defending your base with your friends, and i think that the ksp 58 is perfekt for having as a defence.

1 Like

This would be an awesome addition to the game imo, but a question… How would the reload system work? Would they gradually fill over a period of time, or would we have to manually reload them?

As much as I love this idea, I’m not sure how the bullet problem would work…

Manual reload issues:

• you’d have to reload every safehouse individually
  • some guns might require lots of ammo which could make fast travel a solvable issue, but an annoying one

Automatic reload issues:

• this would vere off the real life aspect of the game
  • you could sit there for ages without running out of ammo
  • how would the Devs know how much ammo would be enough due to in-game difficulty, and what machines we might face

What do u think could solve the issue @Swe111 ?

Here’s a variation of Swe111’s idea, solving the bullet issue:

• At some specific safehouses, there are weapon tripods placed.
  • You can use any LMG you carry to mount on it (KVM 59, KVM 89 or N60).
  • Mounting a weapon to a tripod isn’t instant, instead it’s some seconds, e.g 5 seconds (not realistic, i know but better to wait some short time than realistically 2-5 minutes).
  • Once the weapon is mounted, all the ammo you had in your inventory for that specific weapon is given to the weapon, in the form of one, long ammo belt.
    And if you happened to have both ammo types (FMJ and AP), all is given to the weapon and you can change the ammo type with the same key bind as normal.

And there you have it.
You can use your own weapon and ammo to defend the safehouse. Downside of this is that you’ll be giving up mobility (running around) but you’ll gain constant fire (no reload), depending on how many bullets you had in your inventory.

Dismount can be done 2 ways:

1. Instant - your LMG with all of it’s ammo is left on the tripod. (Good if you need to exit fast but you can get back behind the weapon when needed.)
    or
  2. Longer - you need to wait some time, e.g 5 seconds, for dismounting your LMG from the tripod and collecting ammo, after which, your LMG with remaining ammo is put back to your inventory. (Good when you’re done enjoying your rat-tat-tat-taa and are ready to move onwards.)

For MP security, once you’ve mounted your LMG, only you can use it. Just like bikes are. Those are individual as well. This way, no-one can steal your mounted LMG with all of it’s ammo.

5 Likes