Talk about the Planes and Airports in Generation zero

That’s the beauty of VTOL aircraft - they can operate from everywhere, without a need for an air base :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah sure, Firebirds are VTOLs, but they still probably have some base of operations, or at least I hope they do. I’m gonna look for it. :coffee:

However, and I’m just speculating here, according to the intercepted Soviet communications the Firebird Reinforcements came from Camp Kabarga, which is probably somewhere on the island North-East of the North Coast Region.

Trivia: Kabarga (кабарга) means “Musk Deer”

2 Likes

I have updated the strange up and down happenings in the the story of Norrmyra Arena, with a new picture. Now, as of the feb '23 update, eight of the pillboxes in the arena which were added with the Recon Update aug '22, are gone again, but left a hovering door.

2 Likes

Checked it for PS5, too: confirmed.

Press square to open

Nothing happens. (just an opening sound and status change to open)

Press square to close

Door disappears.

1 Like

Remember how we had to run around the F23 fence to find an opening or a spot where we could jump the fence in the old days? :wink:

Nowadays, it has changed quite a lot, now there are many spots to get in or out the base. I had added the fence to the map, but I thought I’d document it here too.

5 Likes

Ian Josefsson posted this interesting Saab 37 Viggen video in the Facebook group, I thought to share it here too.

Wikipedia:
Viggen is the definite form of the Swedish word vigg, which has two meanings. According to Saab, the aircraft’s name alluded to both.

The first meaning refers to åskvigg, or “thunderbolt”, inspired by the lightning strikes of the Norse god Thor when he hunted giants with his war hammer, Mjölnir.

Vigg is also the Swedish name for the tufted duck, a small diving duck common in Sweden. In this sense, it serves as a reference to the aircraft’s canard configuration, as “canard” is French for duck

2 Likes

I was in Old town (gamla stan) yesterday where the landing gear of the crashed Vråken there seemed more detailed than I can remember, but memory is a strange thing. I couldn’t find an older photo among my photos, where the focus was on the landing gear, to compare.

Anyway, we can clearly see the sturdy left leg of the main landing gear, and the wheel strut remnants where two wheels were attached. The nose landing gear would also have had two wheels.

Landing Gear view…

Top view of Main Gear

Nose Gear…

Upside down back view…

1 Like

Did you all add the crashed jet in the archipelago region in a field?

1 Like

I should have, but you be the judge… look here - Crashed Vråken Strike Fighters

Might have been number 5 i found.

1 Like

So you’re saying that maybe, maybe, in the not too near future, we’ll be able to travel to the big island and fight the flying machines in their own base?!?!?

1 Like

Not actually saying, but I’m hoping that. When we are given locations in the lore that we can’t find on the map, it could be that those locations are on another island, or they are just mentioned in lore for story reasons and have no real location in the planning.

There were a few other similar locations in the lore, of which I suspect they are not on Östertörn, nor on Himfjäll, because nowhere on the in-game map. There is also one location/area on Himfjäll that is not on the map, but is known to me, and I am still in process of tracking it down.

1 Like

Of which one are you talking about?

1 Like

Ssh… I can’t tell you yet, it’s a secret. But I can tell you that everybody has probably seen it. So it doesn’t involve any shady business. I will lift the veil if there is more is known. :world_map:

2 Likes

Although not about The Ransacker of Planes, it’s still interesting to answer your question.

The veil is lifted

I was talking about an unknown location I found in a Rival name, “Hedevallen”. But it wasn’t just one after all, later I found a few more. I wasn’t sure if these unknown ones were also pointing to an existing area in the GZ world. But now I have it confirmed.

You probably seen them too. Names like:

The plague of Hedevallen
The Kommissar of the Bog
The Monster of Himdalen
The Monster of Ulvbacken
The Beast of the Rugged Wilds
The Top Dog of the North
The Tyrant of the Ski Slopes
etc.

I added the Confirmed Area names to the Memory map.

If anybody has a rival that has such a name that points to a location that is not officially mentioned on the ingame map, please let me know. So far I have found 12 such Rivals.

2 Likes

FYI, added some new pics and info of the Life and Times of FOA 2 Arena to stay up to date.

I found a better view of the Vråken ejector seat (raketstol 37) with a warning. Took a picture of it.

Not sure if this is the correct translation.
Varning! raketstol uppåt => Warning ejector seat upwards?

Yeah, that’s pretty accurate :+1:

1 Like

wouldn’t be a good idea to let us fly those in the game :rofl: once you got into the air you would already be hit with the ( u do not own the content repositioning ) edge of the map

I am investigating a piece of the lore concerning Vräken Pilot Shiva Elsa Khorsandi. Her registered address is Hagabodavagen 23, Boo. So “naturally” I wondered where her house would be. But although her address is given, the houses in Boo do not show the name Khorsandi, nor do they show numbers.

Elsa was born in Tehran, Iran, so it would have been great if the Devs had decorated a house in Boo with some Iranian items, like Persian tapestry, or a Hookah, colorful kitchenware, etc.