Talk about the Planes and Airports in Generation zero

Well that would be fitting in a Game which takes place in Sweden. I never would have guessed from the pictures that the diameter of those rounds was 120 mm. It looked smaller to me. Anyway, it leaves me without any armament for the Strike fighters in storage. Which is odd, on a military Air Base. We do find rounds for the Bofors Artillery gun at a port bunker, but no Artillery gun. What is going on?

1 Like

I just realised that Åsötungan Outpost (pic above) was just as the other 5 Anl bunkers, a place where a Strike Fighter was parked, which could take off from there and land back. Making this the seventh location where strike fighters potentially could take off from. This was of course before the resistance took over the place and built a defence perimeter around the exit. Clearly they had no intention to take the nice and shiny Vråken which is parked here, to the sky.

Locations where intact Vråken are parked:

1. F23 Överby Air Base
  2. Anl 118 Färela (Marshlands)
  3. Anl 129 Viggohem (Forrest
  4. Anl 126 Östra Mark (Farmlands) (Feb’23 update)
  5. Anl 144 Vidsele (South Coast)
  6. Anl 182 Hässlehed (Farmlands)
  7. Åsötungan Outpost (Farmlands near the Archipelago border)
  8. Hermelinen bunker (North Coast)
1 Like

The tails look a litle bit like the tails of a DC 3 The good old Douglas DC 3, called Candy Bomber . :laughing:

The picture shows one from the swedish Air Force

1 Like

As Mr_A1992 said. the Vråken Jets have a shape that fits really close to the Saab Viggen.
The Photo above shows one from the swedish Airforce. And was produced till 1990. So it fits to the time. It could be depend on copy rights, that they gave the jets a little other shape in the game.

1 Like

@helldiver, now you posted this picture of the Saab Viggen, I remembered that I wanted to ask about the number near the cockpit. The vråken has 17 and 42 as tailnumber. This Saab has 21 and 56 as Tail number. Do you know anything about that “cockpit number”. What its for, or what it’s telling?

1 Like

It does look a bit like the DC3 doesn’t it? Candy bomber. Why was it called that? I am sure it wasn’t dropping candy. :airplane:

1 Like

The DC 3 was called Candy Bomber or Raisin Bomber because of the airbridge of Berlin after the second World War. The Russian Army had closed the ways to Berlin and American and British Pilots have flown food to the citizens of Berlin. Sometimes they dropped little bags of sweets for the childs as they where in the final approach on Berlin. It was a very nice gesture. That’s because the DC 3 was called Candy Bomber or Raisin Bomber :smiley: Many older Germans remember it and are still grateful to the brave pilots today :+1::+1::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

The cockpit number is what airforcebase it comes from, as for 21 in this case is Luleå flygflottilj(airforcebase)

1 Like

The symbol on the front is the tactical identifier assigned to the airbase of the plane.
The number on the fin of the rudder is the wing identification

1 Like

Hmm. Strange that The Vråken in the game has 17. With only F23 as Air Base I would have expected that number to be 23.

1 Like

Oops, It was dropping candy afterall. Great, I’m learning new things every day. :helicopter:

2 Likes

If the enemy land on swedish soil the air force would attack with aircraft from many bases not just the one that is closest.

1 Like

I believe you, but it doesn’t make it less strange that none of the intact planes in the game are from F23 Air Base. Not even the ones in the F23 above and underground haimgards [1].

1 Like

Maybe the base was overrun so fast the planes didn’t have time to get in the air. Or the base wasn’t active. It could be newly set up or it is used as a reserve airbase.

1 Like

because it says 17 on the front it means it comes from F17 Kallinge, another airbase but down in southern sweden.

1 Like

I understand that some jets could be sent in from other Air bases. But I have a problem understanding what the devs were thinking when they decided to create a F23 air base in the game and making all jets to be from an air base that’s not in the game.

If I assume that there was at least 1 squadron of Strike Fighters on F23 operational and they all were shot down, the crashed jets that can be found in the game could all be from F23, I suppose. Because all of their markings are burnt off, there is no way of knowing which Airport base they belong to.

I am hoping that when one of the new islands is unlocked it has a F17 air base on it to give those jets with the “number” 17 a home. :coffee:
BTW, does this number below the cockpit have a name in the Swedish Air Force, like for instance the number 42 on the tail fin of the Vråken is called a Tail Code?

1 Like

Pherhaps The Jets in the Överby airbase had escaped during the attack and others from the mainland ascendet to come for help and there where downed by the bots. Pherhaps an explanation that they where numbered with other numbers as 23

1 Like

these planes whilst they are close to the real thing, they are also quite far. allot of things on them do not make sense, i think that the planes parked at F23 should be numbered F23 on the front, whilst random planes around would be numbered anything from F7-F17 as this would be the most realistic. i also do think that the mainland is alright and not badly from the atack meaning that we might see fighters again, but as Close air support.

1 Like

and for the number below the cockpit, it doesnt exsist in real life :grin:

What do you mean? Here in this video it shows the take off of the Saab Viggen and we can clearly see number 15 below the cockpit. It must have a name.

1 Like