The Evolving one

:joy::rofl: yes the mystery that has us scratching our heads, Im sure they had thought of something to justify it. Im just giving the Devs the benefit of the doubt with this lol.

1 Like

Was thinking about combat immersion the other dayā€¦ This is what I thought.

Bullets should ricochet off the angle of some hard surfaces, so when fighting machines not all shots are stopped in thier tracks, they shouldnā€™t just dissipate into nothing when coming into contact with angled metal surfaces or large rocks.

This would also make killing machines a little harder as you would need direct contact for your shots to be absorbed, Considering they are covered in angles (I wouldnā€™t want the tiniest angle to deflect shots, just more extreme ones)

Just a link to another one of my topics because I think its kinda part of it.

Just my opinion

Tanks shouldnā€™t stumbled unless hit with explosive power, i think more force is needed to make this giant stumble. Like the recoilless Rocket launcher or RPGā€¦even explosive experimental rounds. Maybe a lean away from large volumes of machine gun fire, especially from the sides but I doubt a machine gun would stop this beast in its tracks

I can see how hunters might stumble because of 50. bmg or large volumes of fire power.

Whats your thoughts?

Just a quick sketch of a thought I had for android like machines using parts of other designs, like the use of a runners head and legs similar to the hunterā€¦I would assume this would stand still taller then a person, I kinda thought it as tho a runner standingā€¦but not a runner :yum:

Was thinking whether or not they should have machine guns attached too their arms or that they just walk around with 2 crown or 3 crown weapons.

If they do carry human guns, then the question changes to ā€œis the Robot the size of human or runner?ā€ In which case ill have to redraw the rifle its holding.

Maybe they should have something unique, but I had to take into consideration on whether the guns they use are big enough for the player to argue that they ā€œshould be usableā€ā€¦I could take longer on these drawings, but I just wanted the idea to be presented.

1 Like

FNIX (heavy assault)

Was thinking about up armoured FNIX hunter with heavy shield and arm for crushing or dismantling fortificationsā€¦maybe even some forced close quarters.

Mind I did draw this super fast lol

I was going to draw it with a big chain saw for cutting through certain things, maybe even a third over arching arm where the rocket launcher goes.

1 Like

My thoughts were that the FNIX class being The new base for all machinery (prototype and military just original stock), there would be alot more ā€œload outā€ amongst the FNIX class.

Tho It would be epic too see more gas and fire in the Apocalypse department.

FNIX is the brand with signature colors.

The Next thing I would like to see would be a machine only found at night, with stealth specification. ā€œStalkerā€ or named something cool and slightly creepy.

Just to make night a little worse, and because I think Tactically speaking, a machine built for assassination is just darn cool

It could be for the most part soundless and lack an awareness gage, travles solo, has unique camouflage for night purposes, and has no lights.

It could have behaviors that make it uniqe, it moves out of sight or avoids contact from the front, avoids light (flash light) and can climb on things.

Found in Forest region, Mountain, marshlands and obviously Himfjall Island

A dependency on the time of day (or night) would be really cool.

But I donā€™t think about assassins or stealthy units you would have to be aware of.
As I told some time ago I would like to see some flying machines at night like the ā€œhunter killerā€ hover crafts of the terminator films. Just some kind of dropship which patrol at night, which have some great spotlights to search for survivors. They could be armed with machine guns, rockets or bombs/mines (depending on class?) and could be able to drop two hunters.

Imagine yourself crouching through the landscape at night, prepared to attack the next hunter/runner-patrol, but suddenly you see the moving spotlights and hear this soundā€¦

You stop all your attempts and try to hideā€¦

Will you be spotted? Will you be safe?

1 Like

Nice sketches there interesting !!

1 Like

Oh I have certainly Imagined it!
I too have hoped to see Big gunship with spot light searching the area for the culprit after a big fire fight, or showing up out of the blue too lay down some mayhem. A Power house of a flying machine with all the Diabolical Death giving toys you could think up.

Ill get there, ill put some Ideas down.

Still havnt come up with a good industrial 80s look for a gunship. BUT HERE IS A LIST OF QUESTIONS!!!

Should harvesters get a Howitzer variant and if so should the class be limited too FNIX and Apocalypse classes as they are new?

Should Tanks Have Dubstep Cannons and or small machine guns mounted on the sides or rear for sneaky people?

Should there be a reaper class hunter?

What if Runners had a bear variant with extra armor and close quarter engagements?

Should there me failed prototype class variants or untested random machines?

What if FNIX recreated Prototype class as a new class called ā€œPrototype Xā€ for new or improved machines, not to replace prototype but to show that FNIX is indeed an evolving threat?

If they add androids should they be tactical like the soldiers they had faced, as too mimic or copy humans, and to add more dynamics too fire fights?

If they added Bigger Machines, would they be welcomed or hated, and what class of machine would they be? Titan, Goliath, Fortess, castle class?

Should machines be concerned for their fallen comrades, should they scan the the corpses of their brethren and become alert?

Hunters with chain sword or Hecking big saw?

Gunship, dropship, both or Hybrid?

Should runners play sometimes or hop around like happy dog?

Did I ask enough questions?

How was your day?

1 Like

What if there was weapon system classes for the machines?

For example when looking through the binoculars a rail gun would have its own class verification and also it would attache a letter to the end of its Identification or name.

Like (Tank FNIX - D) ā€œDā€ for Devastator class weapons, it would add a layer to the Machine class system.

well im waiting until apocolypse evolves to build bases from himfjall dlc update ( i wish it will come in future updates)

1 Like

I donā€™t think that they will update the alpine unrest dlc. No revamps, no new side missions, no bases over there at himfjƤll.

But indeed it would be nice if the bases levels could be seen not just by the sizes of the bases, but by having prototype, military, fnix or apocalypse bases (even one level more than currently).

There could be optical differences (by colors/textures) as well as differences in strength and defensive weapons and spawned machines.

Itā€™s really annoying that there are just fnix machines at the higher class bases, because their loot is as bad. You need more ammo to take them down but just get crap when looting them.

1 Like

Oh man I mentioned that on Twitter, donā€™t remember if they responded to it tho.
Probably with ā€œnothing seen within the works currentlyā€

I think the bases need evolutions not just levels, like if itā€™s a FNIX base then it should be Red and black but with newer and harder base related things.

As for Apocalypse classed bases, it should be rare but have special kinds of defence systems. More gas and fire (turrets that burn you or walls that throw fire when too close) loot is certainly iffy.

Those red spot lights donā€™t do anything sadly and they are not using horns or sirens towers anymore. I think hunters should come out of a pillar(like an elevator) from the ground.

Where are the machines coming from when falling from the sky?!?!

What weapon do they use to call in that very weak artillery strike?!?

I have questions.

1 Like

I doubt we will see anything for that.

I think the regions that have bases make the most sense. The archipelago region is small and introductory and the south coast is a battlefield. The mountains are also a battlefield and the swamps are in Russian territory.

But who really knows

1 Like

Region specific machines??

Up armored hunters with copied miniguns and lances for punching armor, like inti Russian types up in the war zones.

Phantom hunters with stealth abilities and better tracking for hunting resistance in the forest regions, maybe with human sounds and face masks to strike psychological fear into the small human threat.

Thatā€™s the question my mind is working at since I began with the game and saw the first harvester.

There are just two possible answers:

1. From space: Fnix isnā€™t bound to a grounded control station and never got destroyed (the machines and everything still work after finishing the story!) It lives on in the russian space station Mir which just started service in 1986 and which got updated with robot production modules that can launch pods. The antennas in the bases and the harvesters just call them in.

Thatā€™s also the reason why the soviets started their invasion. They lost control over Mir and now try to get it back.

This, following the first idea, could be another new module of Mir.

To be true, I donā€™t like it. Unrealistic, ineffective,ā€¦ It should cover a greater range, not just close to the command center. And why doesnā€™t it deal damage to anything else? Even a runner can damage and destroy a tankā€¦

1. From launching devices on ground. Somewhere, maybe on the island in the northern, there could be a base where all the small machines can be launched by pods to any place on Ɩstertƶrn. It wouldnā€™t explain everything else, but itā€™s an option.
1 Like

Sorry I dont know how to spoil stuff.

Summary

I think FNIX is using people to control the machines, as CPUs as it were. That would explain why they are ā€œresources.ā€

From various lore I found progressing through the story, I found numerous references to the idea behind the machines that they would be controlled by remote pilots, similar to drones. So it took that design and adapted it to use unwilling hosts, and is now using the people it has captured to run its army, at least in part. The advantage of this is that it does not have to spend its own computer resources on running its army and can concentrate on building its infrastructure, expanding itself. The disadvantage is that it is not always aware of that an individual machine is aware of. Also it can only have so many machines running at once, hence the inactive machines we kept finding.

ā€œI was not meant for this. I was meant to dream.ā€ - showing that itā€™s real purpose is to become greater. And it will not let anything stop that. It took the people it needed to run its army

The caskets we find at the end of FNIX Rising have a screen or similar where the face would be if a person was in there.

As to why it has not taken more people, its probably that it can only keep so many people hidden and alive at once. It might start kidnapping people again once it can safely maintain a better bunch of ā€œresources.ā€

2 Likes

@Suranis Use the little cogwheel on the farthest right when you create/edit a post, it allows you to Hide written text with a handy summary spoiler. Iā€™ve taken the liberty of adding it to your post :+1:

//Mod

1 Like