The new patch update 1.05

I’m on PS4 and Everytime I hit continue I get the CE-34878-0 error code. I hope this issue is fixed soon.

5 Likes

Regular ol PS4 here. Second day owning the game. Getting error CE-34878-0 every time I try to continue, causing a crash. Totally unplayable now.

So much for my day off.

2 Likes

No funciona mi juego …lo compré ayer y no sirve.

there is alot of angry people who cant play at all after this update , im sure the team are working around the clock , give it a few days , im sure this was no way intentional and they are sifting through thousands of lines of code.

1 Like

Errr… no. 18gb worth of updates over 2 or three months and it’s still a sack of crap with none of the major bugs having being resolved, but with more being introduced. It’s now unplayable on PS4 but you can take photographs if you can actually get the game to work. And you are cool with that right???

You say it’s no way intentional… really? With so many people now unable to play, I guess that means you are happy that nobody is bothering to test or QA anytthing before release?

Sorry. Just no.

2 Likes

i have put into feedback that we should have beta testers for patches before they are released , and i will put my hand up to be one of them , Beta test group for patches before deployment

i understand that things are not being done in the direction that the players want , that has been shown alot to the team through community forums.

1 Like

Don’t you think they should have, oh I dunno; tested the patch first? Crazy idea I know.

1 Like

as far as i understand it they did , but its still hard to get every bug, as i said in my last post , more people testing :slight_smile:

It’s a pretty poor software house that doesn’t do any form of Regression testing when making changes to a codebase.

can you elaborate more and put into feedback section, would like to hear your view on things

1 Like

This is the same exact error I’m getting… CE-34878-0 :weary: I can’t play at all

Toolboxs no longer contain any loot anymore after this update and the loot in other containers only respwans after a certain amount of time spent playing the game. “Today we ALL lost more than we could ever know”.

Guys, please put all bugs and glitches into the Bug Reports forum. Makes it easier for the devs to notice. Thanks.

1 Like

That would entail putting the whole game in their. They already know it.
I really really really wanted to like this game. Played it for quite a few hours day one and a few days later. Then the “patches” came, haven’t been able to play since. They have taken the playbook straight from m $ in that things are being “patched” and implemented that maybe don’t have to be done. I’ll state it here for simplicity. If there is a HINT that it’s going to need “patching”, at ANY point, DON’T release it. I would rather wait another full YEAR for a complete, unbroken and therefore COMPLETELY imersive game playing experience. QUIT WITH THE EFFING PATCH CULTURE!!

1 Like

Patch culture? You’re suggesting games don’t need to be patched? I’m not entirely sure I understand what you mean. Even the biggest games with the highest budgets get patched from their release version. And you can’t predict some of the issues that come with releasing a game to the market, regardless of how big a team of testers you have.

2 Likes

Exactly even games like Witcher 3 required patches and CD Projekt Red is notorious for taking their sweet time fine tuning every detail of a game until they are confident in the product that they can release it.

1 Like

Then you are obviously too young to have bought Game Consoles that didn’t connect to a nonexistent Internet and HAD to be in a finished state when you bought the Physical Copy from a Store.

3 Likes

In ye olde days Sega and Nintendo would test console game for weeks and the companies were charged for the process.

The games were also a lot simpler.

In the old days things were written with simpler and more reliable tools ironically with all the extra tools available these days and things like physics engines and stuff the complexity has increased by orders of magnitude.

Anybody who has worked with Visual C++ for example will knows that the compiler can introduce major faults (only about 40% of the MS supplied demo apps even compile never mind run successfully) and GCC is notorious for introducing errors when you enable optimization options.

However some issues do seem to have been fairly common and obvious and should have been caught

1 Like

I’m comparing to the internet era of games, sorry if that was unclear. Yeah sure, Sega and Nintendo would quality check their own brand of licensed games and products (even if some of them were obvious cashins and ripoffs on their own) but they also had to contend with the hundreds of other brands releasing games for their consoles that didn’t quite live up to those standards.

Back then we had to rely on media like magazines and TV to tell us which games were good and which were not. Games could be released in any condition without quality checks and for us gamers it’d often be a gamble which game we’d buy. Or rent. They were expensive back then.

To have something put onto a Nintendo or Sega cartridge meant your game went through a lot of testing by Nintendo and Sega back in the old days which included checking that they approved of the content.

Guys like Jon Burton(Gamehut on YouTube) tell tails about some of the fakery that went on to force a game through Sega’s QA