Theory on Foreign intervention in Generation Zero

This is going to be a small theory, and discussion of foreign intervention In Generation Zero. How it could happen, and will it happen. SO I felt compelled to make this from the last announcement. The US weapons pack. Now my question is: How are these obtained?

If they are put into the lootpool, or are placed in the world. As maybe the weapons will be a 5c, but not be the standard 5c. As in they will look like standard weapons. But be rated 5c. Anyway, that is another discussion all together. But the weapons should have a story on WHY they are there, and how they got there.

One explanation could be foreign intervention/actions in Sweden. More specifically Ostertorn. So lets say the weapons are placed. We go do a small mission to get them. Like finding a U.S special forces team. The team had para jumped in. But were gunned down before making entry. We find them. And take the weapons from the pack.

Now the devs could use this as a jumping off point for more foreign actions in the game. Such as Soviet actions and landings on surrounding islands as well as Ostertorn. As well as NATO.

Now this is just a theory of how and why the weapons could have gotten to Ostertorn. As well as a theory that this could be used for a jumping off point to add Foreign action into the game.

3 Likes

Care to put some spacing in your text? :thinking: So that anyone who reads that wall of text doesn’t hurt their eyes?

There is already a foreign intervention in the GZ, most likely from USA.

Two key words: “Yellow Reindeer” and “Opetation LYNX”.

My initial idea would’ve been that they are random finds from the world, like all other weapons. However, that doesn’t fit GZ lore.

After some thinking, it is possible that devs add more NPCs to the game, namely the task force members of Opetation LYNX. And to get the weapons, player needs to do some missions for NPCs, to earn the said weapons as rewards.

I am aware of those two operations/actions by Foreign forces. I should have been more specific. I meant foreign intervention that we could see. And more or less interact with. Those pieces of story point to future updates/dlcs that will include NATO, and USSR.

Edit: Yeah I can format it better.

I thought “yellow reindeer” was Fredrick holbergs codename on the morse code system

SPOILERY WALL-O-TEXT

One of my theories that one of reasons that FNIX gone nuts is that it still comply to some hard-coded military impeartives, one of them is preserving secrecy. It sensed and I think still sence external “thorn” on the side that is not the teenagers.
It’s highly probably that Svante von Ulmer did “patternized” and assimilated into AI code, while sort off preserving will, but losing own personality. Still AI’s reasoning that “it do that in self defence” justified in a twisted way.
Some foreign dormatn operatives discovered that independent nation invented extremely deadly and “fun” toys other than nukes. They immediately infiltrated and started to dig. A key subject dissappears, then shortly after “D-Day” happened. Machines started grinding everyone regardless.

I think that operatives involved did some sabotage along the way and thought “it would be cool to ship these to mainland and then abroad for study”, but now they think “that they would be better off with setting on a nuke there”. FNIX feel their presence and actively hostile to them.

AI seems to be processing all incoming intelligence information regarding Ostertorn for enough time to start registering discrepancies. Assimilated will of professor and seems to be some high-ranking officers boosted AI’s decision-making and engineering capabilities. Then, there’s activated “purge” protocol, that enabled and released machines.
Some foreign operatives there may be mixed in and do interference or help do some questionable decisions.

tl;dr: Foreign operatives discovered cool stuff and messed with it, butterfly-effect causing the Cataclysm.
FNIX “remembered” and didn’t tolerate that.

1 Like

No.

There are two mentions of Yellow Reindeer in the game:

(unknown, most likely early December 1989) - To: Yellow Reindeer
Morse code: “Final preparations underway. Ground deployment on Swedish soil
green-lit. Until then, stay safe.”

and

December 25th, 1989 - To: Yellow Reindeer
Morse code: “Opetation LYNX is a go. Pending final orders from Commander in Chief.
Ground Deployment on Swedish soil imminent. Await further orders. Merry Christmas.”

Source: Generation Zero story timeline

Guess that makes it sound like an amphibious invasion is being planned. It took months of planning for D day so it makes sense that it hadn’t happened yet.

And the foreign intervention/invasion is from Finnish army! :grin:

1 Like

Has anyone thought that actually maybe the crater was caused by some foreign country like the USA or Soviet Union. That possibility after recieving intel of something important there from someone escaping like maybe Fredrick Holberg? Then hitting it with missiles, bombs or heck even maybe it was a tactical nuke!. I know it’s a little far fetched but I thought I’d add a theory for people to speculate upon.

I don’t believe Holberg being a mole and selling/giving away Swedish military secrets. Especially his own project that he worked hard for.
Also, Holberg isn’t after power or money. Instead he is all about defending his country, without using conventional weapons and soldiers on the front line. That’s why he came up with the idea of bunker-stationed pilots controlling the machines in the first place, back in the (late) 60’s.

I don’t think that another country has attacked the bunker system and caused the crater.

For me it looks like, that the bunker was blown from the inside. I don’t see Holberg behind FNIX because he escapes while the outbreak of the cataclysm. There where clues that he escaped to Hjimfäll. I think he was pursued by the ones that caused the cataclysm. Perhaps the members of the iron church.

I suspect, that the Frederik in the Mullvadsberget Tunnel is the real Frederic Holberg and has built up a resistance together with Veronika Nielsson.

Perhaps a resistance fighter broke into the bunker, installed a virus in the computer system and exploded the nuclear reactor in the bunker.

Pherhaps was this Bunker a facility what has produced the Reaper. The clue for this is the computer with the blueprint of the reaper.

I don’t think so.

I just made a topic with my findings and why i don’t think so: Fredrik Holberg in Mullvadsberget Ringfort?

This is a possibility as well, yes.

While I don’t think it’s important to weave the new weapon pack into the lore, there could be a few subtle ways to do this.

@Aesyle mentions members of a US task force.
It would seem FNIX is capable of shooting down any aircraft or boats around Östertörn, so air drops are impossible. What if these operatives had crossed over, scuba diving perhaps, to the northern shore? I’d suggest they could establish a safehouse or a hideout inside the north-western lighthouse in the marshlands. There could be a couple NPC’s present, who reach out to the player via radio and tell them to come find them, but they don’t give any information other than “they’re here to help”.
Now there could be a 3* version of each of the new weapons lying in their safehouse, for the player to obtain for free. After meeting the operatives, 1-5* versions and any new attachments are added to the loot pool, just like other weapons. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good theory spins on the way these weapons caches could be obtained! If it were the case to be tied to the ‘Yellow reindeer’ operations, it would already make sense, because that info bit has been sitting like fine wine and so far it’s making value added if the gunpack is around the same 8Euro margin things are usually around. I don’t know if that will be presented visually somehow, but it does make me interested if this is gonna be an interesting move on killing two birds with one stone - The devs make suggestive lore that keeps that story hype going and also make an aesthetically pleasing pack for those who like to shoot, whilst earning money to keep development going.

Can’t even suggest anything more myself here, except be kinda happy that everyone’s got these plausible spins on this :smiley: