Tidal Wave - Unable to complete due to machines not spawning

Have you tried a fresh L1 character?

Same issue as MrSteelRat. This is game breaking, I can’t complete the main quest line. I played through this quest on a friend’s account who finished the quest line solo. I am no longer able to complete this with him or solo for my save file. Is there a save game edit that I can cut in or something? Pics from progress below. Starting a new character doesn’t help. Running from another spawn point does not trigger the waves to start. Firing weapons at all static objects, killing enemies in the area, revisiting points from the previous step in the quest, starting new character, playing with friends, and many more user sided troubleshooting steps have been done with no success.

This bug is so serious that I would guess it’s quite high priority on the jira. So we all just have to hold onto our hats and wait the storm out until it’s fixed. :slight_smile:

It seems to work on X box, did it yesterday and no bugs whatsoever.

Did you first do the mission with friend hosting the session, then tried to do the same with solo play?

yep indeed i did, played with friend for a bit then he left i did it on my own worked fine

i also have the same issue

This also is my situation. Can’t progress past this point in game…so I pay for dlc and immediately get ripped off…at least until they fix it which I won’t be holding my breath
this is on my Xbox one platform…not pc

Is it possible to fix the bug wher if u do the Fnix rising missions with a friend and then go to your own singleplayer it’s bugged and cnnot complete. stuck on 0/4 waves on the tidal wave mission:/

Would be nice if they atleast could add a button that resets ur skills and story and character.

Merged with main thread. This is a known issue.

//Mod

And quest reset button :slight_smile:

Hello together,
i really need help, because my Game does not continue anymore after 122 hours of playing and i want to see the end.

But lets explain what happened:
i was playing with 1 friend coop on my savegame (me as host). We were doing the Mission tidal wave (Flutwelle in german). So we collected all materials from external and got back to the base. were we startet repairing it. First wave of enemies showed up and we killed em but then nothing happened anymore. we saw that we have not finished the whole base-rebuilding so finished that but still no waves do show up. It does always say: “clear wave 0/4”. So we quitted the game, and i tried it solo - the same. i tried it next day: the same problem. I traveled far away, quit to desktop, reload, travel back to mission - still the same Problem. I joined another Multiplayer game got back to my game - still the problem. I completed every other side Mission i could - still the Problem - and now i am stuck.
PLZ HELP ME

Here 2 Screenshots of the Situation:
generationZeroBug1 generationZeroBug2

My Situational Details:
i am Playing on PC (Steam) and do have both DLC installed/puchased.
my PC: Win10 pro (Version 2004), Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram, Nvidia 960GTX, SingleMonitor 1920x1080)

what can i do?
best regards
Tobi

Relevant threads merged. New users, please use the Search Function. This thread literally comes up as the first, most prevalent active topic about the issue.

It’s an issue that’s been acknowledged by the developers.

//Mod

The save you provided me with in DM reproduces the issue as you described @Supervisor. On loading up the save I find myself stuck on the “Defend the new breach in the defense 0/4” objective and nothing is happening, no machines are spawning and no workarounds appears to work.

We have fixed some machine spawning issues with this missions previously but your case seems different and still occurs in builds where we have our previous Tidal Wave fixes so I have created a new ticket for this.

This save will help us a lot in our efforts to fix this so thanks for providing us with a copy :floppy_disk:

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience :pray:

Hey @Supervisor and anyone else who STILL might be having problems with this mission after the November patch, being unable to progress due to machines not spawning :wave:

We’ve had three separate (but similar) issues/tickets for this particular mission in our internal bug tracking database, all related to machine spawning not working correctly, and although we have a fix for this particular mission in the patch notes it’s only a fix for ONE of those THREE issues.

One of the issues was fixed earlier in development so all good there, the second was fixed now with the November patch, however the third issue (the one that your save reproduces @Supervisor) is sadly still in effect on the November patch.

The issue that your save file reproduces @Supervisor should be fixed now internally, but for the NEXT patch ._.

IF anyone else is still experiencing this issue please comment in the thread and preferably add a screenshot of the objective you are stuck on (or write it) :floppy_disk: and IF you are on PC it’d be appreciated if you’d be up for sending us a copy of your save file.

1. Your save file can be found here: Documents\Avalanche Studios\GenerationZero\Saves
  2. Right-click the save folder (containing “savegame” and “savegame.bac”) > send to > compressed (zipped) folder
  3. Go to https://wetransfer.com/ (No account required)
  4. Click the “…” button and select “get transfer link”
  5. Add/attach the .zip archive with the save file(s)
  6. Upload and copy the link
  7. Send me a DM here on the forum and include the link from wetransfer

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank your for your patience :pray:

Platform: PC

Introduction: Hello, fellow Generation Zero players. I have taken the liberty of searching through the game files to find a solution to this problem, as I have encountered the same “bug” as well, and are currently fighting to solve it for myself as well.

Steps To Replicate: You must have played Generation Zero before with any% progress before the game got its latest patch. Playing before the patch and then coming back to the game will have move some missions ahead of others, such as “Tidle Wave”. If the player has not already completed the main mission “Tidle Wave”, the game activates the mission “Good Night” instead. “Good Night” being the last mission in the main campaign.

Here you can see how my game moved “Tidal Wave” back and pushed forward “Good Night”, the last mission of the game’s main campaign, thus rendering “Tidal Wave” impossible to finish.

Risky Solutions: Editing the save file and forcing the game to start the quest over from scratch by deleting relevant information is possible in theory. However, I have yet to see anyone successfully do it.

Conclusion: Due to the restrictive nature of the Apex Engine, there is nothing I can do to fix the issue for myself or others in a safe and reliable way. Until the developers at https://generationzero.com/en decide to patch the problem out with their own developer tools, the only reliable solution is to delete the save file and start over.

“Note To Developers: When patching the game, make a loop to check if the player has completed X missions in the right order. For example, check if the player completed Good night. If the player has completed the mission, check if any other mission leading up to Good Night has been completed. If a mission isn’t completed that should be, set that mission state to complete. Run this loop command for every main mission and side mission in the game ONCE when a player starts the game for the first time after the patch. When the loop has gone through all mission and fixed any problems, force the game to save itself so the loop never has to run ever again upon startup.”

1 Like

I too have this issue even tried starting a level 1 fresh toon and it put me where my main toon was last and all the missions upto this one were already completed for my new level1 toon … but like rest here stuck on 0/4 waves not spawning. I am on PC

Hello everyone :wave:

UPDATE: This issue has now been verified as fixed in our in-house development build for the next patch. The fix was verified using the 4 saves that you sent us so thanks a lot to @Supervisor, @baron, @PawnixHere and @felix.reychman for providing copies of their saves! :pray:

This fix should be included in the next patch (no official release date set yet).

4 Likes

Thank you soo much, Keep up the awesome work folks totally love this game :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, you guys truly are the best. Äntligen ett spel för Svenskar, av Svenskar!