When we have shuffled off this faulty game,
Must give us pause: there’s the joy
That makes this game so great;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of crashes,
The empty boxes, the phasing enemies,
The pangs of broke missions, the loading delay,
The insolence of developers and marketers
That sell part two before part one is repaired,
When they might deliver what is already sold.
With a new island? should I pay again,
To buy another part of a weary game,
But that the dread of GenZ going away,
The undiscover’d missions from whose goals
No traveler fail, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to other games we know not of?
Thus conscience does make fools of us all;
And thus we are asked to pay again
For a game that has not left the pale cast of beta testing,
And enterprises of great ideas not realized
With this regard should their customers turn away?,
Then lose the game of exploration?–Soft you now!
The fair developers in their Chutzpah!
Be all thy sins remember’d!”

6 Likes

TL:DR

Should I be a sucker and buy part 2 for all three of my licenses, when I have already paid for part one and it is not even complete? No, but if the money stops, the game will go away, and then where will we be?

As for me, I can only tell you that the DLC is worth all the money spent. Alone is much better than the whole map. They did an excellent job from the point of view of the animations, from the interaction with the characters and the missions. You’re right when you say that the game is full of bugs and there are frequent crashes, but I think the positive things far outweigh the bad ones. Greetings and make the right decision :wink:

Still puzzled by why this whole bugged/broken game business is so widely different from player to player.
I have played the game (on PC) from release, and in a short summary: My game has crashed to desktop 3 or 4 times in total! Every mission has worked as it should. Enemies have never disappeared, or done anything else weird that I can remember. A stack of ammo has disappeared only once. Heck, even the infamous “Fashionista” unlocked as it should!
I will note that I’m no hardcore gamer, and I’ve only played the game for 75 hours over these 8 months, because that’s all I have frikkin’ time for. I don’t even have a lvl. 31 character yet! Still, I’d say this game has payed off PLENTY for the low price I paid for it, DLC included.
Of course, my low playtime might be what has saved me from many problems, as those who clock in hundreds or thousands of hours are statistically more likely to run into some trouble…

1 Like

I feel the issues aggravate with

• longer play sessions
  • longer overall play time
  • multiplayer/co-op

Also it seems to me that crashes happen more often on lower performance hardware.

1 Like

Love hurts, my friend @Ishootfriendlies . Love hurts :heavy_heart_exclamation::pensive:

2 Likes

I play Xbox and the game has been very well behaved to me too. I’ve only played solo and I have this feeling that it makes all the difference.

Edit: well, at least on Xbox.

1 Like

That might be true. Finding that unfinished side missions reset when returning from co-op as client, marked weapons not completing when picked up in co-op as client… this game’s saving and progress system clearly is not made for multi-player. Which can create all sorts of problems.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear. :blush:
I only play solo as well. I tried hosting a few multiplayer sessions, but people were just annoyed with me for not having a microphone, which of course I understand. :wink:
I just have to keep quiet so I don’t wake up our 2-year old, sleeping in the next room. Haha! I can imagine the look on my wife’s face if she suddenly heard me talking to myself from inside my room. She’d come running and ask what the heck is wrong with me, and tell me to stop acting like a child! :laughing:
Grown-up issues, turns bugs into the least of your worries!

2 Likes

I didn’t think that any game will ever beat Skyrim 514 hrs on record on my Steam account… well… GZ has currently 575 and counting :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Yes, I can see that. :smile:

Yup, at least on xbox…but I’m on ps4 and played solo since launch and encountered “every” bug there is and new ones are still occuring. Played mp just to get my paid dlc content yesterday and went to Himfjell just to have massive fps drop in several places, almost unplayable…the massive fps drop is to me the only bug that is gamebreaking…and it reoccured with this update…
But I had a apo hunter glitching through the wall of a police station yesterday, and jumpscared me as in the old days, bless it :grin:

1 Like

Yes, @Balla_Jazzuz, it seems that PS4 are less stable, and you have my sympathies. Now that the DLC is out I hope the devs set all sails to get this baby properly debugged. They should have bought some time now from the screaming “We Want More!” hoards. Having a stable game now might very well decide the future of the game. Actually, I think the debugging effort is even more important than giving me my Ripley Loader :wink:

I haven’t activated the DLC yet, but yesterday I sneaked in 20 minutes of gaming Yes, two runners disappeared on me. The indicator still pointed where they were supposed to be … :thinking:

2 Likes

Agree, debugging should be a priority and not pushing out new content before it is tested out carefully.
That said, when I start a session I always wonder what will happen today bugwise…so the buggy state of the game kind of drag me in to play it in a strange way :thinking:

3 Likes

… and @pegnose, during the short moment of quality time with GZ, I tried to find the Magritte Rock again. But I couldn’t locate that little bugger! I might end up asking you for directions :joy:

2 Likes

dude u are funny , nice work, Shakespeare in its finest

2 Likes

As I said, way more north. Look at the picture I posted over there…

1 Like

I think it has a lot to do with multiplayer. I had no crashes early playing on single.

Can you link to this? Where is it?

You find hints to the location in this (interesting, and not very long) thread: