Unique cuisines around the world

I don’t think it is a problem. It’s America, we don’t have problems! Lol!

@Dean and @Hwoty_Twoty, I think that you might be a bit unfair to your own country. In most of Europe (except France) we eat pizza, burgers, spaghetti, lasagne, Chinese, Thai too. A lot in fact for a lot of people. Everyday food has to be affordable and quick to prepare. So most of what you see here is probably food for Sunday evening or special occasions.

Fastfood is easily available almost everywhere in the States. I must agree to that. But you have a very interesting and diverse cuisine - just as you say - due to the many cultures that make up America. Go out and find it. Just don’t stop at the restaurant along the highway :wink:

3 Likes

Dang, that was inspiring!!!

Welllllll… the best burger joint that I have ever been to is called Highway 101 and it sits on the side of Highway 101, soooooo not to say your wrong but your wrong.

and yes, very inspiring.

1 Like

My view of America is limited to my experiences in it. I am still young and I haven’t had the time or even opportunity to experience the world around me like you have. I have too much to do before I start exploring.

1 Like

Ever been to whataburger? Sooooooo good. The party melt is perfection!!!

That is full correct. In germany we have also our fastfood greek gyros or turkish kebab and italian pizza beside Mc Donalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken and Burger King and our Currywurst and Nordsee Fishrestaurant for the go Matjesbrötchen, Kibbeling, Backed Fish.

@Hwoty_Twoty @Dean Don’t be sad there where stores with german foods all around in America you must only go out and look for it.
If you need a recipe for the dishes, don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

do you have a cookbook?

2 Likes

I had it in Münchner Halle once I visited the Hannover Messe. Okay, that was an experience I’ll never forget. I must say that the Bier-Fraulein that served our table was absolutely adorable!!! She managed to carry eight one-liter glasses of bier in her arms (an impressive feat considering her big and beautiful attributes) and when she had handed out seven glasses everybody at the table was content. She looked at the eight glass for a few seconds and then she said: “well, then this must be mine”. She emptied it in one swallow!!! You could hear seven guys jaws drop on the table! :beer:

I must admit that even today, so many years later, I’m still a little bit in love with her :smile:

Oh, the Eisbein was fine too …

2 Likes

Unfortunatel not but we cook this dishes out of our heads.

1 Like

that’s too bad, gotta keep your culture, amirite?

1 Like

We give it from mothetr to daugter from father to son i think this will never die out.

3 Likes

You’ll get to it I’m sure. When you’ve well past fifty like me, I’m sure you’ll have tasted a lot of the world!

1 Like

That is so cool! My grandma served my mother buttered toast dipped in chocolate milk when she was a child, and now I eat it and I love it so much! I will personally make sure it will never die!

1 Like

@IanForce @Dean @Hwoty_Twoty Don´t forget about Indian and Nepalese food, it´s soo good and they are everywhere too.

2 Likes

Never had either. Though, I am interested.

yeah, that’s good food too but you have to find the right restaurant

1 Like

LOL Yeah the girls from the beer tent they where really lovely and they coud stand a lot of beer. :grinning::grinning::grinning::+1::beer::beer:

2 Likes

“right restaurant”
Absolutely right, but that is the same for every restaurant specially Asian food, sushi, Chinese and others.

1 Like

I recommend, specially Nepalese cuisine, not much spicy, if you prefer spicy food get Indian food, it´s similar but different.

1 Like