Us weapons pack drop rate

And why would it be purposely low?
What is there to gain from that?

So the players that are invested in the game, have something new to chase and keep them involved in the game.

1 Like

I think Iā€™ve played on average now for 3-4hrs a day, every day since the DLC launched and have still to see an N16 extended mag. I canā€™t believe how low SOME of the drop-rates are. I could build a house with my N9s and their extended mags.

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m glad they didnā€™t just give us 5c versions. Tbh Iā€™d have rather we didnā€™t get them at all, and that the 1c / 2c versions were placed on the map, maybe with a mission to loot them from a crashed NATO plane or something.

But that the drop rate is so low is ludicrous. Iā€™d like to think itā€™s a bug, but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a deliberate attempt to keep long-term players engaged. It feels off tbh.

I almost guarantee the next update over compensates the other way and they start dropping like candy (or N9 extended mags).

2 Likes

If that is the case, it is a very bad argument for the people who buy the DLC.

It would make more sense to have the precious tier 5 weapons guarded in a remote and heavy guarded location with lots of Tanks, Harvesters, Hunters and maybe machine auto turrets (maybe a new type of enemy).
A fortress guarding the items would make sense, or having them scattered in hard to reach locations.
Roaming endlessly just to get paid weapons does not make sense and is a slap to the face of the buyer.

So you either give the weapons to the consumer (as other games do), or you make them possible to get.
As of this moment only the N9 weapon and extended magazine are easy-medium to get by loot drops.

@OBiW4NSHiNOBi Your opinion is also pretty good, that would have made more sense.
Getting the weapons by a mission or by a US destroyed plane or Team.
The problem is indeed the low drop from the weapons.

3 Likes

That equals higher price for the DLC. I, personally, wouldnā€™t mind it and i was hoping to get them by completing some side missions, that add to the lore. But with ā‚¬/$/Ā£ 2.99 DLC, well, what else is there to be expected.

So Today I passed 300 apoc-tanks down since the dlc was released, result = 3 N60 5c mags.

Harvesters I dont keep count but Ive gotten 1 N16 5c mag.

there is something strange going on, not 1 apoc tank or harvester spawn in the usual places on the main island today, anyone else noticed the same?

1 Like

Remember its 4 hours game time for respawn. You can always hard quit to reset the map

1 Like

Now the money side to this is a very fair point to make.

Ā£3 DLC makes it Ā£1 buy in per weapon. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

1 Like

Yepp, just had a 5.5 hr session, no apoc-class tank or harvester on the main island( in the usual spots). strangeā€¦ but I finally have relaybeacons, not had that for a looong time.

Hard reset it mate. Thatā€™s worked for me 100%, could always do a resync just to make sure

1 Like

OK. thanks! will do.

Something aint right here! I imagine we have approx equal hours grinding for these guns and I havenā€™t looted an N9 yet, must have taken down countless apochuntersā€¦

I do have one that Iā€™ve gotten from @Mr_A1992, thanks mate!

1 Like

That makes no sense,ā€¦ what concludes that to equal higher price? You literally just made this up. I can list plenty of games that hand you the weapon, scavenge, or quest for the weapon for cheaper than $2.99.

I am not arguing the cost at all, but to pull fictitious inflation out of thin air, especially as a moderator,ā€¦ boggles my mind,ā€¦

1 Like

American weapons are equal in parameters to experimental damage and rate of fire. although the experimental one is definitely more powerful, having powerful bonuses) the American package is only a collection weapon, no more

1 Like

he talked about how to work out missions, objects, scripts much longer than just adding weapons. it takes more time, more staff. hence the price

5* N weap only apo enemy. 5* mag fnix / apo .n9 hunter . nn 16 combain . n 60 tank )

Try Fnix Hunters, they also drop gold N9Ā“s and attachments.
ThatĀ“s how i got extra.

3 Likes

today is an unusually ā€œluckyā€ day. i spent all day on himfjel, killed over 2300 enemies and got 2 5 * n16 mag and 2 n60 mag ā€¦ lool

1 Like

That does not mean higher price,ā€¦ that is the problem. Some companies throw that stuff in for free or cheaper. Like I said there is no justification for a higher price because of more work. I work sales and sometimes I am working longer and harder 3 hours after closing, does that mean I raise the price on my customers or should get paid more? No, I get paid the same if they came in during normal hours and was able to finish within our hours of operation. Tit for tat, anything can be justified, does not make how things should be priced a fact.

I will argue that if things were changed a bit that ā€œit equals a higher priceā€, when in fact it does not, that is just an opinion. It is like saying $2.99 deserves less effort, while you can literally buy full blown games for the same price.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I only bought the pack to support the devs. I just donā€™t hop on the monetary bandwagon of judging a price on effort, if thatā€™s the case then people here would probably said this should have been $0.99 or $1.99.

Who said one person could not code it in a few hours? I have added quests to games in python that took an evening to do with new weapons. The other aspect is maybe more people might buy the pack if you had quests w/ the weapons to increase revenue for those that did not care to buy ā€œjust weaponsā€.

There is many ways to look sales and marketing, not just time(X) = cost increase.

1 Like

Most of mine come from FNIX Hunters rather than APOC. FNIX can drop 4c or 5c. I feel like I have better luck on the mainland rather than HimfjƤll.

2 Likes