Weekly stream - summary request

As far as I followed there was nothing new.
Anything I missed?

Pontus answered my question regarding the losing safehouses on Playstation that the team is looking at it, but that he can’t give me a date for a solution.

Stream this week has been cancelled

2 Likes

Any new infos this week?

I was just about to ask if anyone watched the stream.

I did! It was great fun! Even think that Tal, the Lead Producer, might have shared some spoilers :smiley:

4 Likes

Watched the Vod on YT and everything ive gathered from it:
. Regarding the large island above Himfjall, they arent focussing on that but rather focussing Ostertorn and giving us more activities there according to Dan i believe, he also mentioned it would be nice to 1 day focus on the island.
. There was mention of something around a Survival mode but couldnt make it out as the PVG and AI-76 mostly drowned it out.
. Something i want to mention from Tal, apparently the Firebirds sound is just a very distorted parrot sound.
. Roadmap for next year is being worked if i heard it correctly from Pontus.
. Next update (Decembers update) is gonna be called Dangerous Experiments, Mostly already mentioned on the roadmap including memory optimisations, maybe finally crashes are lowered after the increase the past 2 years. They seem to be very confident about this performance improvements.
. Hardest challenge this year according to Tal would be memory due to more and more things being added leading to a spike in crashes due to more stuff needing to be ran at once, which they attempt to fix. Just wanted to mention this as i think its something nice for everyone to know.
. Stuff including the double cars over in that repair area in Marshlands will be cleared up.
. Regarding the new EXP weapons coming, Pontus says he really likes one of the 3 upcoming (not sure if this is correct about the amount coming) and it gets held with one hand? One is unnatural and is going to be fun against firebirds according what Pontus has heard. They seem to want to keep whats coming from us, understandably, until they have arrived. The final one apparently has a setup to become OP according to Dan.
. Prestige Points may finally get a use next year, not fully confirmed but they have plans for some things throughout next year.

That is it from this weeks stream, ill probs do these Thursdays now instead of stream day. I didnt catch anything important to mention during final 20 mins due to mostly food talk but if anyone can add onto that area, would be appreciated.

9 Likes

What’s up? Anything new from the stream today?

Nope, nothing this week.
One thing tho, the update is confirmed to release before Christmas, in case some didnt think that.

2 Likes

Dangerous Experiments update. Pontus repeated on the end of stream after the raffle:
Paraphrasing - “probably mid Dec, but at least before Christmas”

So it will be between 15 and 25 Dec. :coffee:

1 Like

In addition, I sent Pontus to the moon.

4 Likes

From Stream this week:
. In the next update Schematics will have their own tree to be unlocked from, rather than exploration for them. Any schematics collected before hand will remain unlocked. The way they will be unlocked will be via completing certain things, similar to challenges is what Pontus believes. Collecting points for a certain tree is what Pontus believes it was.
. Further improvements on the crafting will be made as mentioned on roadmap, Pontus thinks everyone will like it but didnt spoil it.
. Ponmtus is going to poke team about a Christmas Event regarding the Fancy Set. Unfortunately the Christmas Event is bugged so if they cant get it working for then, the Fancy set will more likely appear for another event.
. We are likely to get a release date for Update next week, my 2 week guess was a solid guess according to Pontus so maybe it is 2 weeks from yesterday.

6 Likes

That schematic change sounds kinda cool.

I just wonder if they hit the engine limit or what is going on…

News from stream today:
. The EXP Magnus was shown off and its pretty much just an EXP PVG. It penetrates the machine and at the end of the machine it releases shrapnel type rounds to anything behind.
. The new schematic tree will be doing challenges to earn points to unlock them now. (Further addition to what was said last week)
. Christmas Event is being tested by the QA team so we might see the event this year.
. Another weapon pack is coming, The Eastern European Pack. A new LMG called the PM71, at least Pontus believes its that, and a new pistol called the Volkov. Final one is not revealed.
. Control Points in Farmlands will receive some revamps

1 Like

That Eastern European pack sounds very cool. The magnus also has a laser on it.

Heres a nice preview of the EXP magnus with the EXP property (and a bonus Pontus)

2 Likes

Havent done it in a bit
From stream today we have the following:
. The Mosin is meant to also drop from Wolfs but doesnt, that should get fixed in next update whenever that is.
. Christmas event has no news but testing is still happening i believe.
. Team is aware of crafting change feedback and will look at it, after some time theyll make a final decision to whether it gets changed or not.

Should be everything this week thats important to everyone but next week for all PS players, they will be giving some DLC keys away so look out for that. How its being done is not decided.

4 Likes

I can’t decide about Pontus’ fashion statement, or if it’s a fashion apocalypse.

2 Likes

It’s almost 6 weeks since the last post here.
Wasn’t there any stream at all? Like there was nothing official on twitter at all since then? :thinking:

@Avalanche_Pontus has been on vacation. @SR_Carni filled in for him during that time, but I don’t think there’s been any stream activity. Fortunately for us, Pontus may return to us very, very soon.