Weekly stream - summary request

Tomorrow’s stream (1600 CET as usual) will feature a sneak peek of the Resistance Weapons Pack with Gameplay Programmers Giulio and Henrik.

3 Likes

It’s nice to read that they are now bringing guests to the livestreams. Thanks, @VladTheInhaler.

So far on the stream:

Pontus has been using all three new weapons

He’s said that the console Base Assault hotfix will be released tomorrow at 10:00 CEST, same as the Resistance Weapon Pack

The Bow has a unique scope (not sure if integral or an attachment) and has standard and explosive arrows, maybe more ammo types as well

The flamethrower uses “Napalm” as ammo, not sure how you find it or how common it is

Won’t be able to catch the rest of the stream, but highlights of what’s been said so far:

Ladders could theoretically be added to the game, there’s nothing in the engine necessarily stopping it.

The bow uses 3 types of arrows - standard arrows, explosive arrows, and flare arrows. The first two are self-explanatory and the flare arrows launch a flare to a much further distance than can be done by hand.

The standard arrows can be recovered from the ground if they don’t break, they’re more likely to break the more you charge the bow. You have to do a “HOLD _ PICK UP” interaction to grab them off the ground.

The flamethrower acts similarly to the Apoc Hunter flamethrower and uses ‘Napalm’ as fuel, which can be crafted using accelerant.

Arrows can be found in backpacks and other ‘world containers’, while napalm can be found in toolboxes.

Sitting, laying down, sleeping, etc. could also theoretically be added, but there are no plans.

Helicopters are never going to be added… :sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

I just looked into the video on twitch to see something about the new resistance weapons.

Here some screenshots from the stream

It’s just a little bit sad that the screens of the guests were just right in front of the weapons.

2 Likes

There’s another stream today in an hour where the 5 winners of the Resistance slogan competition thing will be announced.

WINNERS OF THE RESISTANCE SLOGAN COMPETITION

1.) Darren Bernard on Facebook - “Go the distance, join the Resistance.”

2.) @Yeetersoond - “Because scrap doesn’t make itself”

3.) TrueAsuraGaming on Twitter - “Welcome to the resistance, turning tanks into toasters since day one.”

Twitter Link

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrueAsuraGaming/status/1526239490355912705

4.) @Decoy201 - “FNIX doesn’t rest. Neither do we.”

5.) MadjackTees on Twitter - “The Resistance is going to show the machines the error in their logic code, one bullet at a time.”

Twitter Link

https://mobile.twitter.com/MadjackTees/status/1525173710357164032

1 Like

Stream Summary:

There are plans to allow players to gain more levels than 31, but with no additional skill points.

Apparently, as of a recent update, Tanks (and maybe other machines?) now have more varied loadouts. This includes more variety of weapons and even different finishes on armor (??). This was mentioned after they found a FNIX Hunter that had the colors of a Prototype or Military Hunter.

The team is aware of the challenge reset bug, but there’s been no news.

No plans currently for more island expansions like Himfjäll.

We won’t be able to build bases anywhere on the map (kind of obvious) but there will be more control points

The Flamethrower is basically useless against FNIX Bases so don’t bring it with you to Base Assaults.

They spent like 5 minutes lost running around a FNIX Base trying to find a generator they missed lol.

We are never going to be able to get Godmode… :pensive:

Unrelated to GZ, but recently the Stockholm office of Avalanche went on a wilderness excursion in honor of the 5th anniversary of theHunter COTW. They learned how to make fires and stuff out in the wild. Just sort of interesting.

5 Likes

Useless against the walls, maybe, but still useful against the machines (especially the ticks of the numerous hunters) inside there. Find or make a small breach and “throw flames” inside. :wink:

Sounds like a lie. Why are they still changing the other isles (in the east, the roads) if they are not having plans for them. :thinking:

Well, whats the sense of it then?

That’s not new any more. At least the loadouts of the tanks changed with Landfall. And I’m very happy about that. I would have to search a bit, but it once was a suggestion of me. :grin:

What I meant was that the Flamethrower was useless against the walls and structures. But you’re right that it’s still useful against machines.

They said there was nothing in motion happening currently with the islands. All the roads and stuff they’ve been putting on the islands might just be in preparation for a much later update.

I guess to just have something to continue to work towards even if you can’t get anymore skills. Sort of like the prestige system in COD, maybe? Perhaps there will be some kind of other rewards for leveling up past 31…

I never noticed the loadout change myself but Landfall came out when I was still learning the game, so that’s probably why.

Machines having armor and colors from different classes is what I was confused by. I remember seeing a thread from a while ago where something like that was reported as a bug. But I guess it was an intentional feature. Just seems like a weird thing to add to the game.

1 Like

Yes, that’s right.
Idk if it was after landfall or earlier, but it happenend that there were (or are) for example apoc harvesters with legs coloured like from a proto harvester. :man_shrugging:

It’s the often asked question "is it a bug or a feature? ". Previously called bug, now it’s a feature.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about that. :thinking:

Also, @VladTheInhaler, thanks a lot for your summaries!

2 Likes

No problemo. :+1:

I’m not sure what to think about it either. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Today’s stream summary:

You can kill your friends with the Flamethrower!

They spent the stream playing through the new Marshlands Soviet missions and some Archipelago side missions.

The accidental update that released on Gamepass isn’t the full update and it won’t be out for a while. No date yet.

You know when you’re doing a mission and you want to check out one of the mission items, so you open the log and it takes you to a random mission you completed earlier? This happened to Pontus live when he was doing the Foreign Machines mission and wanted to read the Resistance notes left behind. He opened the log and it took him to the Hogging Supplies mission but he didn’t realise so he ended up just reading a random letter from that mission instead lol.

They’re working on fixing the crossplay problems people have been having - high priority apparently.

The challenge reset bug has been shared with the team - no news or dates but a fix will likely be coming in an upcoming update.

One of the inaccessible islands says “you don’t own this content” if you propel yourself to it. Apparently that’s just a generic out of bounds message and not indicative of any future DLCs.

Sleeping to pass time would be a “pretty far off thing”. They did seem pretty enthusiastic about it though.

Next week’s stream will feature 2 members of the GZ team: Matea (?), an AI programmer, and Tom (?), a gameplay programmer.

6 Likes

[STREAM]

Overrun by Hunters! ⚠️ Today's Generation Zero live stream will be canceled due to illness 😢 Tune in next week for AI and Gameplay programmer guests in Östervik! pic.twitter.com/U8Cvk8nCPo

— Generation Zero (@GenZeroGame) June 1, 2022

Pontus mentioned the infamous April update difficulty and asked the AI designer if it could be turned into a new ultra-hard difficulty! They didn’t give an answer to that unfortunately, but Pontus said that he knew a lot of people enjoyed the April difficulty.

They also said Generation Zero 2 would be a very far off thing since they’re still working on Generation Zero 1.

Regarding PVP, Pontus said it would never happen, and they said it would not be possible because of the game’s PG-12 age rating.

A true hardcore survival mode is not likely at all.

Replayable missions hasn’t been thought about much, but Pontus said that it could be possible for new characters to be able to replay missions that other characters have already completed. He said it wouldn’t be likely for a single character to be able to replay the same missions over and over.

Version mismatch will hopefully be fixed in the next update.

Pontus said that an option to turn off the HUD would be cool, but didn’t elaborate on if it would actually happen.

Loot and damage tables are not likely to be made publically available.

We won’t get natural disasters in the game, like blizzards, rainstorms, etc.

Pontus mentioned copy-paste houses being very realistic.

They said they want to add new AI stuff, whatever that means.

They said they can’t add IKEA stores to the game unless they change the name. :disappointed_relieved:

And that’s all folks.

6 Likes

Any idea of when it will be released?

Nope, no mention of any date.

Truly a non-gamer move. It is like they want people to datamine.

2 Likes

Maybe they (the tables) are just too dynamic.

The loot table seems to work serverside, as there are events and dlc which bring new content for loot without any update. They can change the table any time.

For a damage table there are maybe too many variables. There is not just a hitbox like in a call of duty (head, chest, stomache, legs, arms), there are many more options. There are armor, components, components behind armor, many possible targets/zones you can hit and damage… And there are many types of damage because of different types of weapons, ammo, effects (exp ammo) and maybe even different resistances against various types of ammo for each type and class (rivals) of enemies. They are not just humen targets as in most other shooters or walking single hitboxes.

That’s my explanation.

Yes adding an item would change the table… for that item. It shouldn’t inherently change the rest of it. (barring loot pool dilution, which I still think is up for debate if it is as much of a problem as people think it is)

As for the many variables, I think creating the entire system would be far harder than simply creating a excel sheet for ammo type, weapon, falloff, as well as armor vs component, etc

It all just goes down to simpled numbers. It might take some extra time for GZ compared to other game’s but is by no means impossible.

As for enemy resistance’s, Different variants of enemies just have more or less health, this would change nothing for damage amount. It also does come down to “just hitboxes”, Just more of them.

The only reason f or not providing these I have been given from official sources is “We do not want to reveal our secrets”, nothing about how hard it would be tp show the information.

1 Like