Weekly stream - summary request

Nope, no mention of any date.

Truly a non-gamer move. It is like they want people to datamine.

2 Likes

Maybe they (the tables) are just too dynamic.

The loot table seems to work serverside, as there are events and dlc which bring new content for loot without any update. They can change the table any time.

For a damage table there are maybe too many variables. There is not just a hitbox like in a call of duty (head, chest, stomache, legs, arms), there are many more options. There are armor, components, components behind armor, many possible targets/zones you can hit and damage… And there are many types of damage because of different types of weapons, ammo, effects (exp ammo) and maybe even different resistances against various types of ammo for each type and class (rivals) of enemies. They are not just humen targets as in most other shooters or walking single hitboxes.

That’s my explanation.

Yes adding an item would change the table… for that item. It shouldn’t inherently change the rest of it. (barring loot pool dilution, which I still think is up for debate if it is as much of a problem as people think it is)

As for the many variables, I think creating the entire system would be far harder than simply creating a excel sheet for ammo type, weapon, falloff, as well as armor vs component, etc

It all just goes down to simpled numbers. It might take some extra time for GZ compared to other game’s but is by no means impossible.

As for enemy resistance’s, Different variants of enemies just have more or less health, this would change nothing for damage amount. It also does come down to “just hitboxes”, Just more of them.

The only reason f or not providing these I have been given from official sources is “We do not want to reveal our secrets”, nothing about how hard it would be tp show the information.

1 Like

From what I took from stream machine tier class run parallel with item & level dropped. What item & level is pure RNG. I also was hoping for a bit more clarity

1 Like

So what, I don’t see ICA/Coop either in the game, so le’t call it Jonas Lundins Fantastiska Boende (JLFB, aka IKEA shift right) and give us one in Östervik? :smiley:

2 Likes

Pontus did mention a possible competition to make a fake IKEA substitute name, but the whole conversation was in jest.

Some things worth noting from the stream that has just happened:
The new level cap will be 10k, with no skill points (as i imagine all know) and each level will reward you in Uranium after level 31.

The new pack contains the following - the mentioned turrets, Molotovs, a deployable shield, a toy lure and remote explosives. These will be available when the update drops at 10am CEST tomorrow for either 3.99 or 4.99 (either in $ or euros)

The bug fix list for the patch notes will apparently be very long. These will be made available to us tomorrow when the update has gone live.

The Kotenok is having talks about being buffed according to Pontus so some good news about that weapon there. The flamethrower having the bugged stats at 5c will be fixed to show correct details on the stats rather than having the least amount of damage compared to the rest of the Flamethrowers.

Dont think i missed any important stuff but if anyone watched the VOD on Twitch (wont be on YT due to issues getting stream to work there) and can add onto the list, that would be much appreciated.

4 Likes

To add on some things -

1. The toy lure looks like a dog and will attract enemies and then after a while will explode.
  2. You can place down and infinite amount of turrets, But they only last around 30 seconds.
  3. Pontus does not think that the remote explosives have a limit either on how many can be placed at a time
  4. Pontus said that the Molotovs do a decent amount of damage over time.
  5. All of the new equipment will be craftable
3 Likes

No news from yesterdays stream?

I think they’ve stopped streaming on YouTube, so I haven’t been able to catch their most recent streams.

1 Like

What about twitch?
https://www.twitch.tv/systemicreaction

Theyve been having issues with YT the past 2 weeks, thats why theres a lack of YT streams.

And there wasnt really anything note worthy from yesterdays stream.

4 Likes

Nothing new again? :thinking:

I was wondering the same.

Ill check VOD later, missed stream yesterday.

2 Likes

We missed you, Indo! :C

1 Like

I was there on Twitch, and I saw @Aliasdja, ask about a possible hotfix for the Xbox problems, but I am not sure there was an answer. Overall, it’s not always easy to hear properly what is being said, while one person is talking and the other is shooting down machines.

Maybe subtitles is the solution. :coffee:

1 Like

The team is looking into the issue and hopes to have a solution soon! Unfortunately the summers here with a lot of people on vacation so it might take a little extra time.

2 Likes

I heard something about an upcoming update and a teaser for the 2nd half roadmap. No fixed date yet, but won’t take [bam] [bam] [bam].
The exp pvg is a beast :wink:

You could introduce a silencer for it instead of subtitles :rofl:

2 Likes