Weekly stream - summary request

Already back! You’re not getting rid of me that easily :wink:

4 Likes

Another pleasant stream with a pleasant community under the belt.

Thanks everyone for stopping by!

2 Likes

you do know it’s impolite sneaking up on your teammates like that :open_mouth: especially when he is standing next to a cliff, not very nice

Wait, it´s all control points from here on out?

Always has been.

1 Like

oh my god it DOES look like that one meme!

I didn’t have time to watch the stream yet.
Are there any news you communicated during the stream?
A date for the next update?
A date for the roadmap 2023?

Nope :slight_smile: We’re very close to locking in the date now, but we decided to include more bugfixes

1 Like

Can you at least tell us a month for it? :wink:

1 Like

We are going to get a roadmap that only shows like 2-3 updates at most considering we only have around 7 months left of the year

How hard is it to show the public what your planning for a product we purchased?

Is management such a mess right now that you don’t know what the next update is until it’s already started development?

4 Likes

Apparently very hard. I have two theories: Either the Roadmap that they “have been working on” does not exist. Or they have no clue what they are doing with the game so they don’t know what to put on the roadmap.

3 Likes

Or
They had a plan founded on a great new feature, where later on they noticed, that it’s not possible as they wanted it, which affects all other subjects on the roadmap as well…

Hey, that’s not fair. It’s not like you are entitled to news about the game or a roadmap at specified dates. What the devs want to do, they want accomplished in a time that fits their schedule.

So chill please.

Sometimes, updates take a while. And this time they want to do things right and focus on improving the game without overlooking certain issues, and risking crunch hours. There will be news soon.

2 Likes

And they decided to include some more bugfixes, which is a good news.

Imagine an update without new bugs AND some old bugs solved. That would be great.

1 Like

I would not mind if they focused on bugfix-updates instead of new features/content for a while.
But that is just my two cents…

1 Like

Yes, it’s just the lack of information for so much time…

I would just be happy with a frequent update about:

• upcoming bugfixes
  • bugs they’re working on
  • sceduled dates for updates/dev-letters
  • a living roadmap of probably upcoming features
1 Like

Hey, that’s not fair.

Yeah it’s not fair that a forum moderator must defend devs while they are more or less silent.

We’ve got a new community manager so I believe the community expects more open approach now…

5 Likes

Making a public roadmap is incredibly hard, as is inherent with Game Development there are lots of moving parts and it’s difficult to definitely commit to things half a year in advance.

Of course we want to let you know what we’re working on and what you can be excited for, but we also don’t want to disappoint you by promising something in the roadmap and then not being able to deliver it!

That’s why we need to wait until the release date for Patch 26 is locked in before we set up a definitive timeline for the rest of the year and start deciding how we’re going to present it to our community.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve been silent, I’ve written a dev letter explaining the situation as well as responding to comments and messages here, on social media, steam, and discord, whenever I saw them.

You’re always allowed to ask me questions and I’ll do my best to answer them as well as I can!

1 Like

A big story DLC confirmed?

We’re not working on a big story DLC right now, no, but we know that many people would like to see one :slight_smile:

2 Likes