Weekly stream - summary request

I’m sure that you wouldn’t disappoint us.
It just depends on how you communicate that. And of course you may be transparent and honest when telling us that a feature comes delayed or even not at all due to some issues or limitations.

I appreciate that sentiment, but a situation like that would definitely disappoint a lot of players and the fact that we have to be super careful about it remains.
That being said, we’re definitely working on the roadmap and will release it as soon as we can!

2 Likes

With the coming update:
No New Control points
No Mountain Region Revamp
No new Story Missions
No Story DLC
No Safehouse Fix yet

But:
Yes Procedural Missions (once a week)
Yes Bad luck protection for finding Vintovka
Yes Polish
Yes Bug fixes
Yes Tactical Equipment Pack 2 (DLC)

2 Likes

I have to say, without spoilers of course. The DLC is pretty badass.

Also hoping that the quality time spent on improving the game will have good impact.

1 Like

I’m really interested to read the patch notes and to test the update as soon as it is released. How was the AI changed? Which suggested item/weapon(s) did they included into the second pack?.. Just excited. :star_struck:

Yes, this has made a very boring hump day into a very exciting day. What is even more exciting is the short time to get all the questions, today’s post brought up, answered! Just crazy!

• A short dev-letter should arrive on friday.
    Nothing special, nothing about the roadmap.

• There is no date for the roadmap and the next update yet.

• Carni will go on vacation on next tuesday. There will be no stream in the next two weeks.

• Carni made a note about a suggestion during the stream that there should be fire or sparkling effects on firebird wrecks that makes it easier to find them.

Any additions?

4 Likes

Copy Pasted from user “Eventide” on Steam Discussions:

Wow. I didn’t start out thinking I would watch the whole thing, but I’ve been playing a bit more since the recent update (offline) and wondered what bugs they might talk about, started taking notes, and before I knew it or slightly after, this became a walloftext partial transcript of stuff that stuck out or interested me. Anything in “double quotes” is as close to exact as I could get it, everything else is paraphrase or my description of what was discussed.

12:05
They are aware of some player complaints with Shock ammo, and are tracking player reports / investigating.

Also investigating Reaper can’t-get-loot complaints; they think they have found the cause and are ‘close’ to a fix, but, can’t give an ETA for releasing it as soon as players might like. (paraphrasing:) It’s a lot of work to publish a fix on three platforms, and so they aren’t always able to justify a hotfix in between scheduled updates, unless it’s an urgent game-breaking problem. They hear the pain, but a decision that it is hotfix-worthy hasn’t been made yet. Meanwhile, they recommend trying to loot Reapers by picking out one item at a time. (Carni was doing it this way, for just about all Rivals looted during the stream.)

Carni will be away for 2 weeks, so no live stream is planned next week; these should resume in 3 weeks.

01:11:10
A dev letter is going out next Friday, “but it’s nothing big, don’t get too hyped… its not the Roadmap, it’s no major Announcement. It’s just a short letter about something that we’re releasing that I’m really excited for, 'cause its something cool that the Marketing team has been working on.”

13:12
Hacker skill buff: cooldown reduced to 10 sec. The change was NOT INTENDED, it’s over powered, players should not get used to how good Hacker skill is right now; the buff will probably get rolled back. (Enjoy it while it lasts.) They’re aware some players find Hacker “underwhelming” and will look into making a more balanced change, later.
(CORRECTION by Carni: The Hacker skill’s cooldown being lower than before is in fact NOT a bug, it’s a design change that went under the radar for the Patch Notes!
While we are still planning to make some more changes to skills to make them feel more valuable later this year, Hacker will stay like this for now :)"

17:40
They have noticed player complaints that the procedural missions are shorter than expected or advertised. Carni got the Repair Station mission, said he had never done it before… and it showed: had trouble finding which container the loot was in :wink: “Maybe THIS (looking around) is where the 10 minutes of playtime comes from!”

23:40
They will look into mission length/rewards for the next batch of procedural missions (no ETA.) The NEXT ones, not saying that the first three will be changed. The LOOT might be tweaked.

27:20
Carni: “There are a few skill changes we are planning to do later on in the year.” Doesn’t know if increasing the skill point cap will be part of the changes the team is considering. The team is aware that many players would like to see that.

Discussion of an old Bug where some players in a session can’t see a Rival or other bot; perhaps it pops in for them suddenly after a while. Carni notes that this is a rare bug that’s hard to reproduce at will, making it all the harder to track down and fix.

32:00
The team is aware some players would like to see German (or insert name of your choice) weapons in GZ. And that’s all they can say :wink:

35:00
The team is working on the next Roadmap, its not quite ready for release. Can’t give a date.

44:00
Suggestion to add another, harder difficulty setting. Could they for example do a 2020 difficulty patch. Making a new, harder setting would require a LOT of balancing work and testing, they would possibly need to look at ALL of the difficulty options to get it right… (therefore no one should hold their breath about this idea happening.)

51:00
Bug with billions of schematic points awarded: the result goes negative & you can’t unlock anything with the points. The team is aware of this problem, and investigating.

53:00
Will the Mountains region get a face lift this year? --dunno. Carni will take the question to the World design team.

01:02:00
Question: “Destroyed Firebirds should spark or burn, they’re so hard to locate at night”
– “good idea!”
(Eventide suggested in these forums that ALL large wrecks might also benefit from a beacon or map marker, to help players find them regardless of environmental conditions, until they’ve been opened once.)

Question: Will new machines (to shoot at) be added? – “Nothing to announce right now about new types of machines. But of course, ‘it being a Machine game’, we know that people want to see…” Carni can imagine something new will appear, at some point in the future.

2 Likes

Aw nice, cheers for that one, really stoked to see some skill tree changes down the line. If implemented correctly it might make experimenting a lot more useful without having to raise the points cap.

Not being able to loot a reaper would be a pretty big deal I would think. Right up there with guests crashing out of the host’s game all the time big!

There was also a discussion about how fast you gain experience and skills and that it would be better to have access to all skillpoints.

Carni said that it was intended to specialize characters, not to have all skills… And that it even might get faster if you would have all skillpoints, not slower.

Don’t know if I got it 100%.

At least it sounded like they will maybe (no promisses) look at the skills and skillpoints some day more focussed.

:thinking: Still waiting for the letter.
I assumed that “next friday” was the next friday, not next weeks friday… Especially because you said that you’re writing the dev-letters and that you’re on vacation from next tuesday on.

Welcome to the magic of “having a colleague press the button” :joy: It’s next friday:)

2 Likes

Thx, that wasn’t stated as clear, yet.

After a nightly journey through Machine-infested woods, we take shelter in the Hunting Lodge and grab a fika, playing some cards. @SR_Carni wins for the umpteenth time…

Thanks for attending the stream everyone!

3 Likes

Let’s summarize:

• no roadmap or date for it yet
  • they still try to finish the internal one before looking at the external. Currently they’re “already” looking at the year-end-plans.
  • no date for the next update yet
  • a dev-letter should arrive on friday. Nothing to announce in it, just a look back at patch 26 and the pc/xbox hotfix.
  • three more streams left until Carnis next vacation.
  • the magnus-bug seems to be fixed due to the hotfix. Please let us know in the corresponding topic if it’s fixed for you, too, and if it still occurs on Playstation (which didn’t get a hotfix update for the reaper bug).

Anything else? (from the stream)

2 Likes

Carni wrote in Discord:
Heyo community! There’s a situation in Stockholm, I don’t know if I can make it to Stream today. Will let you know when the time comes!

Could it be because the announced burning of a Koran (and eventual demonstrations) in front of a mosque?

That was a few months ago, but it could be related.