[Weird Terrain] Dump miscellaneous terrain issues you see here!

1 Like

The water that is cut, by cons in this sector I found myself with a slowdown of my character at least twenty steps around this bug

1 Like

White blobs of weird terrain.

1 Like

Fern growing inside small firewood shed at -2253 / -1971.

The workshop interior doesn’t render until you enter the room, standing in front of the open door shows no furniture, moving inside fades in parts of the scene.

1 Like

Invisible wall / bogus hit box on the bridge in Kålleby next to the tree on the right (see cross hair in picture).

I have crossed that bridge a dozen times in the past without any problems but now I got completely stuck during a “fight” (see video). (I was already wondering why I didn’t hit the bugger and why it didn’t react.)

It doesn’t always get you stuck (although it will stop you) and it seems you can pass through on a bicycle (albeit with some “camera glitching” and “smoke puffs”).

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bugged floor in björntunet hotel (DLC), top floor

And not exactly a terrain issue, but I don’t see which topic fits: The Björk 300 destroyed car model has an issue with its headlights and tail lights - moving in at a certain angle, the light is on / seems bright. I found a good example for the issue at 836 / 32 but it affects all cars in-game:

a few steps closer:

1 Like

Another issue - architecture: The house at -4693 / -440 has a floating light switch (that one might already have been reported, I think), and, more problematic: It has two sets of stairs. Found that one a while ago, and decided to search it out again as it’s the only one of this kind as far as I can tell.

1 Like

Feel free to provide screenshots, as coordinates can be inaccurate depending on your display settings.

1 Like

Can do.

2 Likes

To expand on the car problems:

Lights don’t render correctly on undestroyed cars too:

And opening the hood has similar issues:

I guess the issue in all these cases is a set of Mipmap textures has lit and unlit images mixed up, which then cause this effect.
The destroyed car should only show the dark texture, the normal car should only show the regular texture.

Car wrecks with misplaced engine element:

Same issue:

The same applies to the ‘DeLorean’ spoof - when the car flies away, the ‘engine’ stays behind.
Can’t start it a second time, too. It respawns, but the interact button prompt is gone.

• Upon further inspection: This is a global issue. All instances of the rotated car wreck have a misaligned engine interior, presumably the prop was placed and rotated and the engine part somehow isn’t ‘attached’ to the main model.

Tractor model has LOD issue when approached - front axle renders later than the rest:

User-spawnable cykels do seem to load a very low-res texture, compared to the in-game props. Their mudguards are also spaced too far from the tires.

Light pole with misplaced light source that ‘dies’ when the lantern is shot:

Shading (?) issue in cave that leads to red shipping containers on beach:

Bridge foundation floating above terrain:

Floating wall:

Floating fence around the military base (way more than shown here):

Same base, large hangar/warehouse (the one you leave through when you blow up stuff) - shelves are ‘floating’ under the roof, backpack is floating where shelves should be, crates and pallets are stuck in walls:

Tear in roof of house in Bockhyttan:

same issue in Littorp:

same issue in Lövnas:

Also in Lövnas, indoor chimney doesn’t reach up to the roof, outdoor chimney clips through:

Nitpicking about Knaperänna Farm:
too many letterboxes for one farm (might be historically/regionally accurate though)

well is outside of the wall instead of within the farm’s area, is blocked by wall.

1 Like

Found a weird tear in the wall of a barn:

Floor is made of dirt (Ammo cache placed too low):

Door opens in the wrong direction and passes through pallets:

Entire house floats:

Street warped / texture layer issue:

Extended hitbox on downpipe (same on all instances of this prop):

Floating gas station sign:

Power lines attached in wrong place:

Overtessellated rock, weird rock formations around it:

Road layer problem, additional ‘building’ rectangle on map slightly east of there where none should be:

Road layer massacre on the footpath leading from the officer’s housing towards the base - there’s not much that works at all:

Floating shovel / garage placed too high / rocks in interior:

Gate opens the wrong way:

Wire mesh fence has transparency problem (also happens around Ostervik Harbour):

Found it:

and here (door opens the wrong way too):

And to be incredibly nitpicky, the power line’s transmission towers should get their own, overgrown patch of greenery and shrubs below them - a plow won’t reach that area.

Small house has inverted porch light which lights up the forest like some kind of beacon:

Laser scanner at IGA facility bunker is obscured by concrete:

All lamps have a secondary particle source above them when being shot:

Found some tilted buildings (or at least they appear to be):

Across the road, the old shed is partially floating:

z-fighting at the concrete base:

Seems to happen with other garages too:

Possible texture or shading error with all barns:

Issues at Ängsnas Manor:

Invisible obstacle in middle of road:

Rock formation at the very end of the peninsula has stretched textures:

Wooden walkway in bog has way too much ‘invisible width’ (collision layer):

Floating stone wall:

Floating gate / gates opening the wrong way/fence missing at western Norrmyra Base entrance:

Trash texture placed in air:

Road texture issues at St Maria Church:

Pallet with pipes is tilted:

Road is floating and has a very trippy effect along this length of path:

Farmland is continuing below wall towards road:

Road issues:

Lantern is happily swaying in the wind, no hooks attached :upside_down_face:

Partially floating shed:

Floating potted plant, bucket blocking path, door passing through bucket:

1 Like

You clip through the 3rd floor carpet at the Bjorntunet hotel right off of the front entrance stairs. It sinks you slightly through the carpet.

1 Like

It’s a well-known and documented issue.

1 Like

Also, do search the forums.
Like so:
Bugged floor in björntunet hotel (DLC), top floor

//Mod

1 Like

Rocky hill has strange ‘seam’, continues at top:

Door clips through bucket, chimney clips through roof:

Edit: chimney is a reoccurring global issue - all houses with this layout have the same problems:

Loot placed incorrectly, shrubs clipping into buildings:

Stairs don’t connect, can see terrain below through seams. Also, the top plaster area blocks walking and forces jumping - not ideal for stealth players.

Farmland has tessellation issues, terrain is morphing while moving:

Floating rocks under the crashed plane not far from the above:

Trees in lake, lake not covered on map:

Tree clipping through stone:

Transmission tower is tilted:

All at once:

To be honest, the high-voltage power cables need a lot of work. They use weird towers, they are often tilted, the bases aren’t anchored in concrete, the cables have no slack at all, they end without rhyme or reason, they cross through other lines. I think they do add to the atmosphere, but they break illusion way too often.

The low-voltage version looks better, but there are similar issues all over the map:

Containers clip through ground / car is floating:

Stairs are floating / houses at nearby farm are way too close:

The lake below the mine can be walked in. If you approach the lowest lake from the easternmost point, the ‘underwater’ effect doesn’t trigger and you aren’t teleported back outside. You can either walk around under the surface until the underwater effect triggers a few meters ahead, or you can walk out. Also, there are bushes and grass below the water surface.

Very thin white lines in barn:

Tessellation (?) issue that gets less visible on approach:

Similar thing with this rock (edit: global issue with tessellation - I think the quality drop over distance should be set a little less aggressive so that the more visible morphing happens slightly further away, at a higher computational cost):

Floating wall nearby:

also issues with road layers:

All found around here:

Last fence post is often missing entirely, and renders way too late in other cases:

1 Like

Certain rooms in the Skarven bunker feature two pictures right next to each other. The left picture displays a constantly shifting vertex spew upon approaching and looks like it’s too close to the wall behind it. This can be seen in the barracks area next to the staircase:

As well as downstairs in one of the rooms if the user were to turn right at the bottom of the staircase then right again:

These rooms seem copied and pasted so I assume every instance of this room will have this issue.

1 Like

The radar towers do not render properly after a certain distance - only the top part remains visible:

To expand on this - the towers seem to load from the ground up - minimally closing in makes them appear part by part. I think it’d be wise to give the mast parts the same render distance the top end is set to, so they always render at once:

The small lake near the road at Rusksele Farm is dangerous - falling in at this location leads to a loop of teleporting into the same spot underwater:

Floating fence and gate at Norrmyra Base:

Floating roof-mounted light without roof:

Area with several glaring issues:

Radar mast guy wire from top of hill continues through rock surface:

Rocks have severe tessellation and texture issues: (edit: whole area is wonkier than most)

Road issue leading to mast:

And z-fighting on window struts in the main house of the camping area:

Edit: seems to be a semi-global issue:

Box stuck in geometry:

Window doesn’t render properly:

Road issue:

Stairs float:

Path ends abruptly:

1 Like

Levitating chair in one of the easternmost houses in Aso. The chair starts normal, but interacting with the box underneath causes it to transcend the material form of the backpack laying on it and to ascend towards heavens.

1 Like

Torsberga Fort and surroundings:

Extremely weird terrain/collision/clipping issue at the third artillery site - player character gets caught and zapped around in that location; floating leaves, cannon foundation too low, terrain very smooth/sandy, visual tear in textures.

Same place, indoors:

Rails not connected, blast doors pass through railcar:

Container in staging area has clipping issues:

Inside:

Further towards the coast, trees in sea:

1 Like