Why, oh why do some make to "my taste" weird suggestions

In fairness, that may be long, but it’s hardly big! :smile:

4 Likes

“She had the marked Rawlinson cheekbones. They were slightly higher than her mother’s, appearing as twin humps on the top of her head…” (Rawlinson’s End - The Bonzo Dog Band)

1 Like

We had David Bowie , Rip

Above :point_up_2: is not off topic :rofl: = 80’s , big hair , . And yes i just wanted to get Xoggers topic over 200 post’s :smiley::+1: Lets get to 300 posts forum :clap::rofl:

3 Likes

Well, the Swedes had a few very well dressed, very well combed, and well behaved young gentlemen. Anybody remember the Herreys? My grandmother found them absolutely adorable.

herreysaaaaaaaa

Hey, look at their golden boots :smile: Yes, let’s go for 300!

2 Likes

Moved to General Discussion for, fairly obvious reasons. It’s grown into a big thread. Thanks for keeping a civil discussion, guys :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perhaps not the ideal term of address after someone just complained about being called sir in the other thread.

1 Like

Neither is being snarky and off-topic.

2 Likes

Not sure that was supposed to end up after my comment. Threading issue?

1 Like

@pegnose linked it to a topic he made.

2 Likes

Sorry, I always mess up those links. I don’t have in mind that a forum link by default directs you to the last post made.

2 Likes

I do see your point, and can write long rants about the male-normative internet attitudes myself, but in UK english at least ‘guys’ is usually accepted as a gender neutral term in a context like Xezr’s. I hope that takes a little sting out of that post.

2 Likes

Thank you, sir.
And yes, this community rocks solid.

1 Like

I wasn’t the one who had the original complaint, but it’s good practice nonetheless. That said, if you take a look at the UK at present, I think you’ll find there are few things people agree on. :confused: Perhaps unsurprisingly, my circle is more on the progressive side. Where are you from again?

1 Like

Sorry if I replied to the wrong post. I’m in the UK.

1 Like

It’s a strange world.
As The Kinks sang: :Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It’s a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world".
So true, especially on the internet.

1 Like

Not quite what I asked, but I guess you have bigger fish to fry right now. If advice concerning getting out with a pet is of any use to you, message me and I’ll happily share what little I can offer.

Anyway, the posting in question was

1 Like

I’m so much for equality in pretty much all walks of life, but until Facebook came around, the internet population was probably 99.98% mildly social dysfunctional males. But I once (shortly) ended up in a setting with women only and besides feeling like a deer caught in the headlights I sensed a tiny bit of female-nominative attitudes myself as well. So, please, let us not get overexcited here. I’ve just hired a female hardware engineer and until she actually proved herself to exist I pretty much considered the concept a contradiction in term.

2 Likes

No, it really wasn’t! And I think that’s all I should say on that in this thread.

@Ennui I remembered the post you’re linking to. I was a bit distracted before, I admit. I’m “from” the UK and curious why you asked. Maybe that’s more appropriate in dm?

2 Likes

Agreed flick , a small percentage gets offended too easily over gender stuff , if Xezr wants to call me a girls blouse so be it :rofl: guys in general is inclusive for all genders , i know this because of the Goonies ‘’ Hey you Guys owwww ‘’ that film taught me a lot a long time ago :+1: .

2 Likes