Why, oh why do some make to "my taste" weird suggestions

I do see your point, and can write long rants about the male-normative internet attitudes myself, but in UK english at least ‘guys’ is usually accepted as a gender neutral term in a context like Xezr’s. I hope that takes a little sting out of that post.

2 Likes

Thank you, sir.
And yes, this community rocks solid.

1 Like

I wasn’t the one who had the original complaint, but it’s good practice nonetheless. That said, if you take a look at the UK at present, I think you’ll find there are few things people agree on. :confused: Perhaps unsurprisingly, my circle is more on the progressive side. Where are you from again?

1 Like

Sorry if I replied to the wrong post. I’m in the UK.

1 Like

It’s a strange world.
As The Kinks sang: :Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It’s a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world".
So true, especially on the internet.

1 Like

Not quite what I asked, but I guess you have bigger fish to fry right now. If advice concerning getting out with a pet is of any use to you, message me and I’ll happily share what little I can offer.

Anyway, the posting in question was

1 Like

I’m so much for equality in pretty much all walks of life, but until Facebook came around, the internet population was probably 99.98% mildly social dysfunctional males. But I once (shortly) ended up in a setting with women only and besides feeling like a deer caught in the headlights I sensed a tiny bit of female-nominative attitudes myself as well. So, please, let us not get overexcited here. I’ve just hired a female hardware engineer and until she actually proved herself to exist I pretty much considered the concept a contradiction in term.

2 Likes

No, it really wasn’t! And I think that’s all I should say on that in this thread.

@Ennui I remembered the post you’re linking to. I was a bit distracted before, I admit. I’m “from” the UK and curious why you asked. Maybe that’s more appropriate in dm?

2 Likes

Agreed flick , a small percentage gets offended too easily over gender stuff , if Xezr wants to call me a girls blouse so be it :rofl: guys in general is inclusive for all genders , i know this because of the Goonies ‘’ Hey you Guys owwww ‘’ that film taught me a lot a long time ago :+1: .

2 Likes

That wasn’t my point, @TherotcoD, but I want to move off that topic.

3 Likes

It seems about time to get back on topic.
(The topic being the '80s, naturally.)

2 Likes

Not the post I want to “like”.

2 Likes

It was your point , @Flick , but seeing as you said you can write long rants about males on the internett id better move off that topic before i end up on your naughty list :rofl: i was just making a funny seeing as Xezr thanked us all and it went balls up from there with the ’ guys ’ gate saga …

I’d guess, Flick knows best what her point was and what it wasn’t.

3 Likes

"? I guess it was the point where flick agreed with xezr ‘’ guys ‘’ and i agreed with a laugh ,

1 Like

Shame! I liked Roxette. Oh, Aha were Norwegian. Um, Swedes. Abba. I know of no other Swedes. Sorry Sweden. What’s their Eau de Vie?

1 Like

Not even Fläskkvartetten? :frowning:

You must be punished!!

1 Like

Honestly, @Ennui, you should be able to do better that that. This is Swedish, it killer good, and they were so freaking wonderful in Ystad and Tønder! I especially like the chainsaw, the electrically amplified “drejelire” and the wonderful lyrics (that you perhaps could translate for the forum). :smiling_imp::metal::guitar:

Personally I prefer Garmana, Vedergällningen particularly.

1 Like

How come I never heard of them before? Thanks for bringing them to my attention :+1:. I trust you know Sorten Muld, otherwise allow me to return the favour.

1 Like