Why, oh why do some make to "my taste" weird suggestions

“She had the marked Rawlinson cheekbones. They were slightly higher than her mother’s, appearing as twin humps on the top of her head…” (Rawlinson’s End - The Bonzo Dog Band)

1 Like

We had David Bowie , Rip

Above :point_up_2: is not off topic :rofl: = 80’s , big hair , . And yes i just wanted to get Xoggers topic over 200 post’s :smiley::+1: Lets get to 300 posts forum :clap::rofl:

3 Likes

Well, the Swedes had a few very well dressed, very well combed, and well behaved young gentlemen. Anybody remember the Herreys? My grandmother found them absolutely adorable.

herreysaaaaaaaa

Hey, look at their golden boots :smile: Yes, let’s go for 300!

2 Likes

Moved to General Discussion for, fairly obvious reasons. It’s grown into a big thread. Thanks for keeping a civil discussion, guys :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perhaps not the ideal term of address after someone just complained about being called sir in the other thread.

1 Like

Neither is being snarky and off-topic.

2 Likes

Not sure that was supposed to end up after my comment. Threading issue?

1 Like

@pegnose linked it to a topic he made.

2 Likes

Sorry, I always mess up those links. I don’t have in mind that a forum link by default directs you to the last post made.

2 Likes

I do see your point, and can write long rants about the male-normative internet attitudes myself, but in UK english at least ‘guys’ is usually accepted as a gender neutral term in a context like Xezr’s. I hope that takes a little sting out of that post.

2 Likes

Thank you, sir.
And yes, this community rocks solid.

1 Like

I wasn’t the one who had the original complaint, but it’s good practice nonetheless. That said, if you take a look at the UK at present, I think you’ll find there are few things people agree on. :confused: Perhaps unsurprisingly, my circle is more on the progressive side. Where are you from again?

1 Like

Sorry if I replied to the wrong post. I’m in the UK.

1 Like

It’s a strange world.
As The Kinks sang: :Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It’s a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world".
So true, especially on the internet.

1 Like

Not quite what I asked, but I guess you have bigger fish to fry right now. If advice concerning getting out with a pet is of any use to you, message me and I’ll happily share what little I can offer.

Anyway, the posting in question was

1 Like

I’m so much for equality in pretty much all walks of life, but until Facebook came around, the internet population was probably 99.98% mildly social dysfunctional males. But I once (shortly) ended up in a setting with women only and besides feeling like a deer caught in the headlights I sensed a tiny bit of female-nominative attitudes myself as well. So, please, let us not get overexcited here. I’ve just hired a female hardware engineer and until she actually proved herself to exist I pretty much considered the concept a contradiction in term.

2 Likes

No, it really wasn’t! And I think that’s all I should say on that in this thread.

@Ennui I remembered the post you’re linking to. I was a bit distracted before, I admit. I’m “from” the UK and curious why you asked. Maybe that’s more appropriate in dm?

2 Likes

Agreed flick , a small percentage gets offended too easily over gender stuff , if Xezr wants to call me a girls blouse so be it :rofl: guys in general is inclusive for all genders , i know this because of the Goonies ‘’ Hey you Guys owwww ‘’ that film taught me a lot a long time ago :+1: .

2 Likes

That wasn’t my point, @TherotcoD, but I want to move off that topic.

3 Likes