Why, oh why do some make to "my taste" weird suggestions

Have you ever embraced any change in your life?

Of course!
IF it suited my wife and kids.
Never bought a Boeing for one, as I do not quite need it, if you get my point… :wink:

Change is needed… but it has to fit the rest.

2 Likes

See, if you make a game about deep sea diving, then you do not need to add a soccer field, right?
Unless deep sea soccer is an actual thing.

3 Likes

How is that even a fair comparison? you are just silly when it comes to changes that actually benefits the game and the community

1 Like

Sir… where did I compare ANYTHING?
What I did was make an EXAMPLE as to why I dislike certain things in this game, which I quite thoroughly motivate as well.

Examples from the past:
Plundra: I disliked it, since, it would imbalance the already lost balance even further.
This is ignored, and balance INDEED became even further imbalanced.

Bikes: In real life, when your country is invaded by machines (and please ignore the fact these machines are improperly functioning), would you, in all honesty, hop on a bike and drive over open roads etcetera?
If the machines worked properly, you’d be dead before you even THOUGHT of biking.

Sir, this game began as a sort of survival game.
Machines in the very early days were DARN deadly.
Along the way, these got neutered: reason unknown.
Could even be an unwanted side effect of something added/changed, that corrupted the machine AI.
In a game such as this, base building just is not a good thing.
You simply do not have the time nor the safety to do something like this.
MANY said, the lack of NPC’s was one of the best things of this game, giving the game a special identity.
This then, got neutered in the DLC with the survivors.
@Avalance And please let this the ONLY ones ever in GZ? Thank you.
Hence I too do not like NPC’s: it just rapes the identity of the game.

I am all for change.
Hell, I made SO many posts with ideas.
But these would fit in the game’s identity, it’s atmosphere and story telling.

Now, as example:
If GZ was a deep sea game…

Not a comparison… an example. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t argue with a logical answer xogs is right

1 Like

@Hardcorewolf7
Thank you, sir.

BTW, @Beomez the LMG came from me originally.
IMHO, it was baffling that, sure, we had military, we had bazookas and AR’s… but no LMG?
That was a missing weapon class all together.
So, yes, I do like change and additions.

Also, you might check this post by me: [SUGGESTION]New enemy types - Remade
Or: Machine Master (AKA Pet Master)
and others. :wink:

I even made a post in which I spoke of ALIENS invading Earth.
But the aliens itself would not be here, instead they primarily used our machines against us, controled from out of space, and in later DLC new modern machines would be implemented.
This could lead to a whole plethora of options, of which for one energy weapons of various types, body armour, other types of tech…
But: it would be MACHINES and nothing BUT machines, so, basically, simply in line with the base of the game.

1 Like

Nice! I’m more Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, Deep Purple… Oh, and then Bad Company, Grateful Dead, Lynyrd Skynyrd… :smiley:

3 Likes