[XB1] Game Crashing on sign-in / continue (post update FNIX Rising)

Changing resolution had no effect for me

No effect here either

I would just like to say how refreshing it is to find a forum that is mostly positive. I have been on so many that all I see is negativity and complaining.
Once this problem is fixed it would be nice to meet some of you and destroy some bots.

3 Likes

i know that feeling like right now it has been 3 days since i played from my Crashing experience, i just shot a crate full of Machines and boom whole game crashed. An now i cant play it with out being kicked back too Xbox home.

Sorry to hear I have been out now almost 30 days hopefully a patch comes soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

than we shall all wait…

1 Like

I will try that after work :+1:

I just need to chime in again and report that 3 weeks after deleting my corrupted save and not using the main menu of the game for anything other than the initial load, I’ve been able to play through the entire campaign including over 25 side missions and have not had one single issue. I’m currently at level 26.

The devs have said that the crashing is related to the Aug. 25th patch and not the FNIX dlc and so that’s why I’d like to ask if it is a memory leak save issue somehow tied into using the main menu of the game when exiting? I just find it interesting that I’ve been able to play through the game now by simply exiting to the Xbox dashboard and closing the game from there after I’ve gone to a safehouse.

It’s been a week since the last update from the devs so hopefully the patch is well on it’s way I’m sure they have been hard at work :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Now thats something i can get behind lol

Actually, it has been 8 hours.

Latest announcement: https://www.facebook.com/GenerationZero/photos/a.855233771337255/1501603643366928/

all good, i’m just glad to have an update i do miss playing ,but i’m still going to wait :smiley:

I bough the game little over 2 weeks ago on xbox one and I played for 4 days before loading bug started affecting my game. I was really getting into it and really like the game, but can we get am actual time table of when to expect a fix for this. I been waiting patiently and paid good money for this broken game I can’t even play. Why are you guys selling a broken game when you know it’s broken, I was looking at forum and this bug is over a month old. Seriously why is this on the xbox store if it’s broken and unplayable. All I keep seeing is “we are close”, “we are close” but no solution.

Just upset at this point…

3 Likes

Its the weekend but Monday is fast approaching. Lets get this XBL Account login in order! I haven’t played in like 5 weeks like … I’m super bummed over here on Xbox like …

4 Likes

Hey everyone!

If you didn’t see it, heres a short update from Paul on the console issues! https://twitter.com/GenZeroGame/status/1310595465608597512

have a great day!

pontus

3 Likes

I have not bought the Fenix dlc and am having this issue as well

It doesn’t matter if you have the FENIX dlc or not.

can’t wait to get back to shutting down bots and I just want to thank the dev team for how grand they are at keeping us up to date

2 Likes

I looked all around for where to find tech support and I keep seeing posts that say to just post the question here, so here goes:

Using XBox One, I cannot get my game to load. I have easily logged 15-20 hours at this point, and I would love to continue playing!
The issue is that the game loads up, hits the user selection screen, freezes and then crashes and quits to my XBox home screen; no error message, no prompt, nothing, it just freezes, crashes and quits.

I tried all the different things I could do before contacting XBox tech support, and they pointed me here, so this is the list of the things I have tried to do to fix whatever the issue is, as I don’t know what the issue actually is.
I tried:
Uninstalling and reinstalling
Checked my purchase history to see if Microsoft glitched it out of my digital game library(it’s still there)
Booting the game in offline mode
Resetting the Mac address
Installing on a separate console(also did not work)
Installing on an external HDD
Turning the console off and on again
Doing a simple system restore of the console, and then a full restore when that didn’t work.
Deleting and re-syncing the save data

It was after I did all that that I contacted XBox support and they pointed me here.
I love the game, and I really want to keep playing, but I don’t know what to do.
Microsoft said it wasn’t on their end or the console’s, so it would probably be on GZ’s end, if that helps.
Not sure if it matters or not, but the screen immediately after the user selection, black screen with a little cassette tape in the corner, is where it crashes at.

I also didn’t know if this belonged in off topic or bug reports, so I went with bug reports. Sorry if that’s wrong, this is my first post.

1 Like

Same issue topics merged.

@kalanaph Also, thank you for your in-depth troubleshooting thus far.

//Mod