[XB1] Game Crashing on sign-in / continue (post update FNIX Rising)

So are we gonna get any feedback on when this might be fixed? Or if our accounts are still good for those of us who deleted the save file on the console…

I do not own the FNIX dlc and am having this exact issue.

That’s even worse, but then again the DLC was downloaded on Xbox whether you bought the FNIX RISING or not, buying it merely gives you access to it… So pretty much anyone on Xbox is susceptible to this game breaking bug, what console are you on Worm? I’ve noticed a lot of players are on X1X that are having this issue…

1 Like

System: Xbox One S
Reproduce: I have no idea what I did exactly.

I logged out of my game, and quit to home screen before connecting my Xbox to my WiFi to play online with a friend. When I started the game, it attempted to synchronize my files with the cloud, but the game crashed mid loading while attempting to synch. I tried several more times to start the game but ended up with the same result. I also attempted to go offline and play without the login, but it still crashes during the load up after selecting my profile. Any fixes besides uninstalling? I really don’t want to re-download 51gigs on my slow as heck WiFi

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

Xbox One S to be specific.

So I tried with a 2nd Xbox One, it’s an Original X1, but when I tried to play FNIX RISING the exact same issue happened of my game freezing, so it’s on their end… They’ve corrupted our save files, I just hope they will recover all of their lost data properly… I waited a whole night to try on a console I stopped using just to find out it’s on their end and nothing we’ve done caused this…

I had the same idea you had, and had the same outcome. This really blows. Here’s hoping for something, anything that can fix this. Edit: Crazy idea, what if they rolled back the FINX Rising update? Maybe doing so would revert whatever game breaking data that is effecting our saves and causing the crash?

1 Like

I’m getting the same problem the moment I try to log into the game, the game tells me what profile to use I select my main account and press A to start up the game ,from there I wait to load me into the menu but in the middle of loading it just crashes. I’m trying to play GZ but the moment I try to load in my game instantly crashes, I crash right around when it tells me to select my profile, so I can’t even load into the menu. Even while i’m offline it still doesn’t work or when I select a different profile
FnordyWings134

“Great minds think alike” lol, but yeah I was hoping to acquire my save file, really worried it’s gonna be lost or corrupted so we’ll just have to hope they fix the game without that outcome…

I’ve had people on Twitter give me a hard time saying it’s my Xbox but if we’re both suffering the same problem it’s their server but Twitter was convinced it was our consoles dying that was the problem

Avalanche doesn’t believe in rollbacks. That has been obvious since April.

the moment I try to log into the game, the game tells me what profile to use I select my main account and press A to start up the game ,from there I wait to load me into the menu but in the middle of loading it just crashes. I try to load in my game instantly crashes, I crash right around when it tells me to select my profile, so I can’t even load into the menu

Ah, you’re too kind. No offense to Twitter users but not many of them check the facts before shoving others out of the way for their own opinions. Hey if we ever get a fix wanna maybe play together sometime?

1 Like
**Platform:** XBOX 

**Steps To Reproduce:** I try logging into the menu but when I press A to continue after selecting my profile it crashes

**Images / Videos:** 

**Host or Client:** 

**Players in your game:** 

**Specifications:**
```I try to log into the game, the game tells me what profile to use I select my main account and press A to start up the game ,from there I wait to load me into the menu but in the middle of loading it just crashes.  I'm trying to play GZ but the moment I try to load in my game instantly crashes, I crash right around when it tells me to select my profile, so I can't even load into the menu. Even while i'm offline it still doesn't work or when I select a different profile
FnordyWings134

//Mod

I’ve been having crashes multiple times in a day (3 times today) commonly while opening any menus.

[Details: Not many because it’s pretty random… game just freezes and the sound starts repeating the last half second of your game before committing sudoku]

//Mod

Sounds like a plan! My GT is the same as it is here, if you wanna send me a msg so I can add you on Xbox. I never really messed with multiplayer on GZ. I was playing on Himfjall on and off ever since it released farming Rivals and collecting Experimental Weapons, so I’d hope I can handle just about anything in the rest of the game, still haven’t finished main campaign or Alpine lol, if my account hasn’t been wiped that is :sob::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone :wave:

Thanks for taking the time to replying to the questions I asked earlier in the thread. We definitely know more about the issue now than we did before! Those of you who are experiencing this issue and haven’t replied to the questions yet, please consider doing so IF you can find the time :pray:

As mentioned previously, we will be monitoring this thread, reading your replies and do our best to keep you guys updated on what is happening with this issue as we investigate it further.

Platform: Xbox One

**Description: Game Crashes and then closes at the start screen every time.

Steps To Reproduce: Press (a) at start screen prompt “PLAY AS (profile name)”

Images / Videos: None

Host or Client: None, single player.

Players in your game: None

Specifications: Xbox One

Background:

Installed update and purchased FNIX DLC

Finished DLC story.

Deleted my characters to start a new game from the beginning.

After about 1 hour of gameplay the game crashed.

Started the game again but every time when selecting profile (online login process), it crashes to the xbox dashboard.

Steps taken:

Restart console

Delete save data on console (delayed the crash with about 3 seconds)

Uninstall then re-install DLC