[XB1] Game Crashing on sign-in / continue (post update FNIX Rising)

There’s been updates almost every week, and we’ve been given ample of information about the issues they’re facing and the progress that’s being made. These hurdles are being worked on as quickly as humanly possible. Patience is a virtue I hear.

6 Likes

I have to say I bought the expansions after being away for a few months, 4 days ago, started playing even recommending this game to a few friends. Then all our games crashed and couldn’t be started again. They new about this issue and still sold us all a broken dlc. In some places selling something that is knowingly broken is a crime.

I am pretty sure it is not the DLC. As the dlc is literally 10 main and 10 side missions. I am pretty sure it is the patch itself. The patch itself is free. Though I may be wrong.

Read up a little higher in the thread, there are some updates from the devs. Bottom line, they think they have a fix to stop the crashing. They are testing it before putting it out in another patch.

Still Iff it has to do with the dlc they should not be selling it .or at least put a warning .

Hi @Chrycat223 :wave:

We are very sad that you and so many others have been affected by this and the frustration you feel is understandable. Know that we are doing our best to sort this out best we can.

• We do not knowingly ship content with these kind of issues as we consider them to be among the most serious types of issues

• This issue started to occur with the august patch and is not unique to the “FNIX Rising” DLC (Several reports of this issue are from users who do not own “FNIX Rising”)

Fortunately we have a fix for this that is currently going through the testing and verification phase, and it’s looking really promising. The crash no longer occurs and thus far our tests indicate that no loss of data or progress seem to occur with the save files that you provided us with (as mentioned by Paul earlier in this thread - Quoting his post at the bottom of this message)

Sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for your patience and thanks for reporting! :pray:

6 Likes

Thank you .I have never seen this type of service from any other gaming company.Quite refreshing to see.

4 Likes

This is amazing keep up the good work guys I look forward to smashing bots again.

1 Like

Just read in the forums that a gamer changed his display settings on his Xbox from 4k to 1080p and it allowed him to log-in to the game and play it with no issues.

Changing resolution had no effect for me

No effect here either

I would just like to say how refreshing it is to find a forum that is mostly positive. I have been on so many that all I see is negativity and complaining.
Once this problem is fixed it would be nice to meet some of you and destroy some bots.

3 Likes

i know that feeling like right now it has been 3 days since i played from my Crashing experience, i just shot a crate full of Machines and boom whole game crashed. An now i cant play it with out being kicked back too Xbox home.

Sorry to hear I have been out now almost 30 days hopefully a patch comes soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

than we shall all wait…

1 Like

I will try that after work :+1:

I just need to chime in again and report that 3 weeks after deleting my corrupted save and not using the main menu of the game for anything other than the initial load, I’ve been able to play through the entire campaign including over 25 side missions and have not had one single issue. I’m currently at level 26.

The devs have said that the crashing is related to the Aug. 25th patch and not the FNIX dlc and so that’s why I’d like to ask if it is a memory leak save issue somehow tied into using the main menu of the game when exiting? I just find it interesting that I’ve been able to play through the game now by simply exiting to the Xbox dashboard and closing the game from there after I’ve gone to a safehouse.

It’s been a week since the last update from the devs so hopefully the patch is well on it’s way I’m sure they have been hard at work :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Now thats something i can get behind lol

Actually, it has been 8 hours.

Latest announcement: https://www.facebook.com/GenerationZero/photos/a.855233771337255/1501603643366928/