[Xbox] Game crashing reports post hotfix

Description:
Constant crash when doing mission Clearing the path (Fnix Rising) this happened after the patch was issued to get passed the first screen of the game.

Steps To Reproduce:
Get to the point when you need to clear the tank to proceed. Fight it for a while and it crashes %100 no matter what weapon I use or whatever means I used to try to destroy it.

Images / Videos:
Since I can’t upload video https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ara85LV-is7a3LoYpRgqUZc3pyL_vA

Host or Client:
Host

Players in your game:
1 but didn’t matter when 2 or more where there

Xbox model and game version:
Xbox one X ver. 1.0.11.26

Edit: Crashes any time you fight a tank anywhere. It also seems to just crashes randomly when there are hordes of enemies.

There was just patch that fixed the game from crashing in the loading screen but all it did is make the crashing worse, within to 5-10 minutes of playing the game it will crash by doing anything at all, looting, fighting, or just running. Very frequent crashes make the game unplayable, I love this game and hope this issue is fixed soon.

LOG : #0008

PLATFORM : XB1

DESCRIPTION : GAMEPLAY CRASHES

STEPS TO REPRODUCE : PLAY GAME SOLO / MULTIPLAYER

IMAGE / VIDEO : https://youtu.be/ziQYe5nwJyo

5:40 / 11:20 / 15:45 / 19:30 / 32:20 / 39:40 / 51:00 / 51:50 (SPECIFICS IN VIDEO COMMENT)

HOST OR CLIENT : HOST

PLAYERS IN GAME : 1 / 2

SPECIFICATIONS : XBOX ONE X, PROJECT SCORPIO

2 Likes

@serrajjii and @Reedster, please follow the bug report form seen in the 1st post in this topic.

I am currently around the town Klinte, The game keeps locking up, either in town near fuel stations, or it just locking up while battle with Finx Havester and 3 Finx Hunters at Appelbo. Any thoughts to this

Hey, this sounds like an issue related to the recent problems Xbox users have been facing so I’ll move this to the big thread. Could you care to post a full Bug Report on the issue so we get all the details?

//Mod

Description:

Game freezes and crashes if you retrieve a gas canister that you’d previously deployed.

I know this has been mentioned elsewhere in the forums but wasn’t sure if it was in this thread. Thought I’d try to repeat it.

Steps To Reproduce:

Start a game, if you don’t have any canisters then fast travel to Östervik (or anywhere that has canisters) and go grab some.

Equip them and drop one (or a few)

Try to pick one back up.

Crash.

Images / Videos:

None. I tried to capture it but the clip was cut short before the crash.

Host or Client:

Host (Appearing offline with session set to invite only)

Players in your game:

Solo

XB1X (Scorpio Ed.)
Digital copy with all DLC installed inc. vanity packs.

2 Likes

I’m not reporting the so called login crash, which I believe is really a corrupted save file crash. This crash happens immediately after the game loads into a safe house when starting a new session.

**Description:**Game freezes and crashes to the Home screen.

**Steps To Reproduce:**End a session by Exit to main menu, turn off the Xbox

**Images / Videos:**None

**Host or Client:**NA

**Players in your game:**single player

**Xbox model and game version:**XB1s 1.0.11.26 no dlc’s

After ending a session, if you go to the home screen and click the menu button on the GZ game and quit the game you will not get this crash on loading the next session. Turning off the console when the game has exited to the main screen has never caused any problems with other games for me. I’m just wondering if this crash is sometimes corrupting the save file. This crash was happening before the hotfix as well.

**Platform:**
Xbox one

**Steps To Reproduce:** 
start any type of game

**Images / Videos:** 
none but could make one

**Host or Client:**
either

**Players in your game:** 
single player or multi

**Specifications:**

game hard crashes to the xbox home screen when there is a large explosion, seems to be most common when baiting machines with boombox or radio
also
after placing radio or boombox just before it plays sound the game lags a lot

Description: before the update there was the odd crash, but now it is constant up to two in an hour.

Steps To Reproduce: the crashes mostly happen when in battle or just after, occasionally while exploring

Images / Videos:

Host or Client:

Players in your game: 1

Xbox model and game version: Xbox oneS

This is a known issue. Threads merged.

//Mod

Description:

So, I’m on about my twentieth crash in around 90mins of polishing off the remaining challenge.

For the devs, if they want steps for readily repeatable crashes covering multiple issues, read on.

Steps To Reproduce:

Essentially I’m collecting radios at Lennart’s Marin AB then fast-traveling over to Österviks Industriomrâde, for gas canisters, then to Tārnaboda skans to stun / destroy APOC runners. Exiting and reloading.

I’d say 1 in 4 fast travels is a crash, 1 in 3 exit to main menu is a crash. Fighting multiple APOC runners and hunters on Himfjäll, 1 in 2 is a crash.

If the runners have respawned at Lennart’s Marin then it has enemies inside the safe house around half of the time, sometimes two. (Pretty sure enemies shouldn’t be inside safehouses.)

Oh, and if you decide to blow yourself up to fast travel when over burdened with canisters… 1 in 3 is a crash.

Now, this isn’t the way I normally play, but either way there’s no way it should crash. Let alone as frequently as this.

Images / Videos:

None. When the game craps out the Xbox DVR cuts the clip short.

Host or Client:

Host (Appearing online with session set to invite only)

Players in your game:

Solo

XB1X (Scorpio Ed.)
Digital copy with all DLC installed inc. vanity packs

1 Like

Description: I have done some testing and compiled a list of issue I have discovered following the hotfix. Unless otherwise stated, each of these caused the game to crash.

1. Picking up a placed land mine, placed explosive gas tank, placed compressed gas tank, placed car battery EMP.
  2. Exploding a placed land mine, placed explosive gas tank, placed compressed gas tank, placed car battery EMP.
  3. Fighting 5 FNIX Hunters, one of which was a lv4 rival. Fired two rockets into their pack, then as they advanced towards me the game crashed. Fight lasted maybe 20 seconds.
  4. Fighting 5 FNIX Hunters, two of which were lv3&4 rivals. Went well at first, lasted a few minutes with no sign of an imminent crash. It was abrupt and unexpected. At first I actually thought I might win without a crash. The Hunters deployed ticks and used their melee attack, and behaved as expected. I have no idea what exactly happened that caused the game to crash.
  5. Massive battle with multiple Military Hunters and Runners, and a Military Tank. There may have also been some FNIX Hunters, but I can’t confirm that.
  6. Battling the machines at Rusksele Farm while attempting to complete Marshlands side mission A Place to Rest. (Was recently able to complete this mission without a crash)
  7. Calm Runners suddenly emitting blue sparks with accompanying static noise like their components are being shot. This did not cause the game to crash, and I’ve only experienced this one time. And yes, I’m certain that they weren’t being shot by another person or machine.
  8. Attempting to exit to main menu occasionally causes a crash.

Regarding point 1 and 2, I am certain that they were the causes of the crash, as all I did was exit the safe house, place one of them, and either try to pick it up or shoot it, and the game crashed shortly thereafter.

Regarding point 3, 4 and 5, it should be noted that just recently I was able to win a fight against 8 Hunters (7 military, 1 prototype) 6 military Seekers, and 3 prototype Runners, whilst using flares, fireworks, and small EMP cells, and the game didn’t crash. The framerate did drop however until after I destroyed some of the machines. (Number of Ticks is unknown) Also just recently, I got into a fight with a FNIX Tank and some FNIX Hunters, and shortly into the fight the game crashed. I rebooted the game, found the Tank I was fighting and finished it off without any nearby Hunters joining in, and there was no crash. I’m pretty sure Hunters are at least part of the issue with this new hotfix bug, in addition to placed item use. However it should be noted that I’ve also fought FNIX Hunters on a few occasions without a crash.

Images / Videos: N/A

Host or Client: Host.

Players in your game: 1. Was playing solo.

Xbox model and game version: Xbox One. Base game with no DLCs. Version 1903375

Additional Notes (1): I have one other incident where the game crashed, however I’m not certain if it took place before the hotfix or after. Battle Proceeded as such: Was attempting to complete Forest Region side mission Scrap Metal. Needed to destroy Tank, and decided to try and ambush it. Placed 5 medium fuel cells and 3/4 land mines. Then placed radio, and then game crashed.

Additional Notes (2): This is very disappointing. Of all things, I did not expect a hotFIX to break the game even more. I’ve had the occasional crash before the hotfix but they were never that serious or common. It’s really unfortunate that an update designed to help the game has made it worse in some aspects. I hope you find a solution for this soon, as I truly do love the game and want to play it more.

I will update this post with any new issues I find.

1 Like

LOG : #0009

DESCRIPTION : GAMEPLAY CRASHES / Experimental KVM59, multiple machine kill, FNIX Rising DLC, firework box

STEPS TO REPRODUCE : PLAY GAME SOLO

IMAGE / VIDEO :18:40 https://youtu.be/RIosUYqGBDw

PLAYERS IN GAME : 1

LOG : #0010

DESCRIPTION : GAMEPLAY CRASHES / AI-76, multiple machine kills, respawn into combat

IMAGE / VIDEO : 23:00 https://youtu.be/RIosUYqGBDw

LOG : #0011

DESCRIPTION : GAMEPLAY CRASHES / 5* Branbol bat, FNIX Tank

IMAGE / VIDEO : 29:50 https://youtu.be/RIosUYqGBDw

2 Likes

Uh, excuse me? All you did was copy and paste my bug report. Hey regulars, can you do something about this please? I’d rather not have my work and effort claimed by another.

Consider it done. I do agree, very uncalled for to just copy an existing bug report, especially one so detailed. That’s not something we encourage here. @undeadmkm7T, if you want to provide a Bug Report, you need to make your own. Copying one that already exists accomplishes absolutely nothing.

//Mod

1 Like

Thank you @Zesiir, very much appreciated.

Am I going mad or is there nowhere on the forum that references the Tweet from the devs earlier today stating that they’re planning on hot-fixing the hotfix? (If there is, then I missed it. Sorry.)

Link to Tweet below;

5 Likes

Description:
Gme crashing after a few months playing and it was fine.

Steps To Reproduce:
I was just playing for a few minutes then it crashes. this happens every time i play for a few minutes then it crashes. this was in marshlands region.
Images / Videos:
Sorry none.
Host or Client:
Client
Players in your game:
1 just me
Xbox model and game versio
Xbox one s and i got bundle with alpine unrest but i havent played yet.

1 Like

Description: Game will randomly crash, usually while in closer combat or with multiple explosion. sound will create a repeat stutter than crash.

Steps To Reproduce: Playing game for 5-30 minutes. Start fighting robots. Crash

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: none

Players in your game: Solo

Xbox model and game version: XboxoneS
Digital version with Alpine Unrest installed. All updates installed.

1 Like