Xbox Game Pass - Invalid Game Session on trying to play multiplayer

Me and my friend installed the game off of game pass and tried to play multiplayer but we kept getting invalid game session no matter what we tried, Thank you

Me and a friend who just downloaded the game can’t play together when I invite him it won’t join and sits at a joining session screen. It also says that my session is offline even though I’m connected to the internet. Does anyone know how to fix this.

I don’t know I am having a similar issue though, update just installed on x box 1 S, hopped on first time this update and tried to invite friend to world he wasn’t getting my requests, I checked the multilplayer tab in pause menu, that said I was offline and needed to go to menu. Makes sense so far has happened before try again and still didnt work, I then tried to go on the mulitplayer in the menu and when I pressed find game it froze, my ears died and I was thrown back to x box menu. Tried this 3 times and each time the same thing occurred, any ideas?

Merged threads covering the same issue.

//Mod

im getting the same issue for Series S

While in game, it says match is invalid. When trying to find a match it crashes instantly everytime.

Merged threads. Please search before you create a report, the topic is active.

//Mod

Having an identical issue on my Series X. Am entirely unable to host an online session (I have fiber optic internet, wired to my console) and the game instantly crashes any time I press Find Game in the Multiplayer tab

I am having the Same issue on my Series X.

Link to my bug report:

Same thing here i’ve even tried reinstalling the game and deleting save data

I’ve pinned the support thread about this issue. Please keep posts about this issue here, instead of creating new threads.

//Mod

Hello everyone :wave:

The “invalid game session” issue is caused by the same root issue that is also causing the issues below;

The issue has been identified and we are working on getting it sorted asap!

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience :pray:

3 Likes

See the post below for some more context/info on the issues we are seeing right now;

:information_source: This issue should now be fixed and no longer be occur!

(However, IF anyone is still experiencing this issue feel free to post in this topic and @ me)

Thanks again for your patience while we worked on sorting this out! :pray:

1 Like

Have you tried streaming the game from the cloud. I had similar issues then I deleted the game and started streaming. No major issues since.

it’s not fixed.

gamepass pc:

I’ve been away from this great game for many months now because of this issue. I keep hoping to come back to this thread and find a fix for this. My sad lvl 51 player will just need to play a local game from now on I guess. Sadness.

Apologies for my last message, let me answer your questions first. I work in IT and know the frustrations of working with us “end users”

I’m on a PC version of the game purchased from the MS Store. Patching is up to date. I can launch the game fine, play offline fine, no issues. I get the invalid game session whenever i try to go multi-player from within the game with my character loaded.

Please try the following things and let me know how that goes;

1. Restart the game - Tried that
  2. Are you playing online OR offline? (IF playing offline please try to play online) Online
  3. Sign in and out of your user on the xbox application - Tried that
  4. Restart the xbox application (close it down completely and boot it again) Tried that, have not completely removed/re-added.
  5. Restart your PC - Tried that.

If this helps, i get the error in this screenshot, when i try to “find a game” from off the main menu.

This topic is over a year old. Knivspark for example has moved on from QA and will probably not answer if you reply to his old posts. Keep that in mind when posting in old topics.

//Mod