A case for vehicles Megathread (collective feature topic)

I think that what Pontus and many of the devs are missing is that implementing vehicles doesn’t have to mean that players can just boot the game up, get in any random vehicle, drive to FOA and complete the game.

Vehicles should be unlockable. Like there should perhaps be no trace of vehicles being in the game until you reach the main island, and then you have a side quest to unlock something really crap, like an EPA tractor. The side quests will in and of themselves require players to walk all over the map and explore on foot. The final, OP vehicle will pretty much be a reward for exploring everything.
Please have a look at my original post.

Please add drivable vehicles. Cars, trucks … some armored/ turret guns for passengers. This would add so much to the game. Obviously people would love to be able to upgrade vehicles. Farcry vehicles meets mad max vehicles.

Just give me a motor bike tired of cycling at 20 mph

Merged into the main thread.

I think adding motorised vehicles is doable, but only after increasing the map size.

//Mod

1 Like

If I remember correctly; I think that the Devs. had questions about motorised vehicles in their survey, along with a modding tool and such :thinking:

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Suggestion list (ideas changes and wishes for features and additions):

If we were able to drive the cars, I feel like that would open up a lot of possibilities for the game. For instance, keys could be added as collectables, or lootable content. Explosive gas tanks, could double as gas used for the cars.
An option to armor the car, could also be added, but there are drawbacks, f.e. the more armor you put on, the slower te cars goes, or the more gas you use.
An option to upgrade the cars, or repair them could also be added if nessisary.

Sounds like you would love the mad max game. It’s really great.
It could work in GZ if it the cars was really easy for the enemy to destroy. One rocket and its gone. With you in it.
In my opinion, you, as a player, should never feel safe in this game. Not when the machines got you in their sight.

You definitely have a point there. I suppose not manny cars could withstand an entire missile salvo. But, it could add at least a little protection while your on the road.

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

These are absolutely fantastic ideas. I love them all. I’m not a programmer, of course, but if I was, I would totally be all over this. It would open up the game like never before, and create a lot of XP earning potential.

They should totally add ATV’s, or 4-wheelers.
ATV’s would probably be better, because they usually have some kind of roof. We could have the option of mounting guns and armor to them as well.

ideas for vehicles for future of generation zero

here are some swedish cold war vehicles that maybe could be in generation zero

Bandkanon 1

Tgbil%2011
Terrängbil

Some experimental Bandvagn with some rockets

1 Like

Some type of dirt bike. Nothing too op

1 Like

Terrangbil looks pretty compact, Id definitely use that. And the dirt bikes feel like they would be more practical than a 10 speed.

Same idea topics merged.

//Mod

Yeah, and especially if it required a lot of recourses to repair a car? Fat chance im using it as a battering ram.