Are gas grenades suppossed to go through roofs and walls?

Fought some military hunters todays, tried to take cover in a house, got gassed out. Is this a bug or on purpose ?

Hunters will use gas grenades to try and flush you out of cover.

And they go through roofs ?

On purpose, it can be annoying at times lol

Made this bug report some time ago:

Gas itself goes trough walls when hunters use it, and currently it can flush you out of the house quicker you can say gas. This is normal.

It sometimes gets in houses because the windows are broken i have been railgunned by a hunter who broke the window then point blanked me also the same with those dam flechette rounds

No home or any building in the game (except some bunker rooms) are hermetically sealed. So, when the air gets in - so does the gas.

1 Like

The poison gas is a fine edition to the game, but its a little OP. Ill be in a house, with all of the doors shut, and no broken windows (yet). No reason for anything to get through. But yet, as soon as a gas grenade hits, I start losing health. It goes straight through all solid material…even mettle, and concrete. I would understand if it came through a broken window but solid walls? Simply not possible. At least, not nearly in the volume that it comes in.

Personally, I would suggest that gas only comes through broken windows, or open doors, or breches created by the robots. And does not come through solid surfaces, like walls, and steele.

I am not sure how the gas modeling would effect game performance. gas modeling for explosions and such is a very processor intensive deal so there is a certain amount of overhead such an implementation could cause.

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod