Beautiful Hike Routes

@Gysbert Hello Gysbert another nice hiking route. Some invite you to wander around the map a little

Good work, keep it up please :+1:

1 Like

Bridges and Walkways

Route 10: Bridges & Walkways - Click here

Bridges and Walkways
spacer2
There are many Bridges and Walkways to find. Let’s run past all those I found so far. Starting in Archipelago. This is the long bridge from Norra Saltholmen to Södra Saltholmen.

spacer2
This Bridge leads to Salthamn.

spacer2
This old Stone bridge leads to Måsskär Resistance base.

spacer2
Walkways are not really bridges, but they make crossing the swampy path much easier. You can find this long walkway North of Seggesta farm.

spacer2
A small and simple, but effective, wooden Bridge at Hastvik.

spacer2
This wooden passage leads from Saltholmsbro to the main Archipelago island.

spacer2
Next I checked out the Forest Region. This broken bridge near Sundgård leads to a big unknown island at the East.

spacer2
This cute little wooden bridge near Kyrkparken crosses a narrow stream. With my boosted jumping boots and pants I could jump across the water if I wanted.

spacer2
A small wooden bridge with a balustrade near Påskallaholm. Very nice view.

spacer2
This wooden pier bridge will get you to Littorp with dry feet.

spacer2
I’m at the bridge near Lillå Settlement leading to the Farmland Region. Close to the river all I hear is the wind and the birds.

spacer2
Farmland Region is next on my list. This is the one near Stralsund which is totally destroyed.

spacer2
Broken wooden Pier Bridge east of the Skinnarbol Crater crossing the Överbyan river. Although broken it is still crossable. In the background, one of Don Don Quixote’s Giants is on Fire.

spacer2
Bridge over Boobron, really recognizable with the lookout tower next to it.

spacer2
The Överby Bridge is a beautiful old stone bridge East of Skinnarbol.

spacer2
Small wooden bridge over gully near Guldangen Control Point.

spacer2

Next I ran across snowy Himfjäll Island and shot this broken bridge east of Österhällen leading to a small Island called Djupskäret.

spacer2
Gäddön has a nice straight wooden Pier bridge on poles. It looks like it’s been built yesterday. There’s absolutely no sign of subsidence.

spacer2
Then I went to the Mountain Region to get a picture of the bridge near Klinte.

spacer2
I am standing in the water, only knee deep, looking at the bridge near Muskudden Port Facility.

spacer2
A nice but narrow cable bridge crosses the Muskudden basin. Providing a shortcut to the Overseer’s Villa.

spacer2
Elevated railway (bridging the valley), that comes from Muskudden Port Warehouse and goes towards the Factory entrance RÖ (Redovisningskansli Öst) to the left.

spacer2
From The mountain Region I travelled to the Marshlands, where near the Skyteclubb this small stone bridge is found, with one of its two arks totally blocked.

spacer2
The broken Östertörn Bridge north of Stenmyra leads to another small and, for now, unreachable Island and the main land.

spacer2
Near Borgakulan I found this raised wooden walkway. For walking comfort I guess.

spacer2
On the South Coast this very long curvy walkway meanders through the reeds close to Tokeröd farm. It bridges from the savehouse to dry land.

spacer2
The Pier at Brevekins Camping connects the small savehouse island to the the South Coast Region.

spacer2
A strong looking small wooden bridge with rather sturdy support posts near Annatorp.

spacer2
In Tangetil I crossed this wooden railless walkway bridging the gap. It has a stone fundament though.

spacer2
This wooden walk bridge, also at Tangetil, really contributes to make it a wonderful sunny picture.

spacer2
Concete Bridge over Torsberga Ravine. (Recon Update)

spacer2
Wooden bridge to islands west of Lännbacka (Recon Update)

spacer2
Wooden pathway near Lännbacka.

spacer2
Funny Pontoon bridge north-east Stenmyra.

spacer2
Pier bridge to a safehouse camp on small island in Lake Avern north of Helgaryd.

spacer2

Another nice and narrow cable bridge crosses over the largest ravine so far in the game. It’s located east of Sorken bunker in Farmlands.

Return to Top

9 Likes

Hello Gysbert, this is another nice hiking route. Really beautifull. :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks, the GZ world is beautiful. :sunglasses:

Didn’t you like the first one: Route 1: Electrical Power Line ?

1 Like

@Gysbert I love them all :laughing::+1: . Walking along the Powerlines is also a good orientation.

1 Like

Route 11: Kasematt or Defence Bunkers - Click here

Kasematt or Defence Bunkers
spacer2
On my travels through the Swedish game world, I came across a number of Concrete Buildings like the one, on this “Real world” picture below.

spacer2
These often partially covered, independant defence works, most likely remnants of WW2 are military defense buildings that offer some degree of protection against shelling and bombing and were built of reinforced concrete. I found 19 Kasematt total; 14 in Archipelago, 1 in the mountain Region, 1 in the Marshland Region and 3 in the South Coast Region.
spacer2

Archipelago_Region

spacer2
Starting off in Archipelago with a group of two Kasematt.
A kasematt at Saltholmstugan (1 of 2) -100, 3318.

spacer2
And a kasematt at Saltholmstugan (2 of 2) -123, 3265.

spacer2
Next a group of four kasematt which are all close together near Sandviken Camping.
A kasematt near Sandviken Camping (1 of 4) (~750, 2604)

spacer2
A kasematt near Sandviken Camping (2 of 4) (A)

spacer2
A kasematt near Sandviken Camping (3 of 4) (A)

spacer2
A kasematt near Sandviken Camping (4 of 4) (A)

spacer2
Then east of Saltholmen Naval Base there were five kasematt a bit more spread out, but still close together.
A kasematt (1 of 5) with a dead soldier at (836, 3865).

spacer2
A kasematt (2 of 5) at (926, 3952).

spacer2
A kasematt (3 of 5) with the power lines on the left at (955, 3910).

spacer2
A kasematt (4 of 5) close to the coast at (962, 3991).

spacer2
A kasematt (5 of 5) built in the mountain at (989, 3942).

spacer2
A group of 4 kasematt also close together I found near Salthamn Bridge on Iboholmen island.
A kasematt (1 of 4) near Salthamn Bridge (2133, 3052).

spacer2
A kasematt (2 of 4) near Salthamn Bridge (2193, 3035).

spacer2
A kasematt (3 of 4) near Salthamn Bridge (2263, 3145).

spacer2
A kasematt (4 of 4) near Salthamn Bridge (22114, 3108).

spacer2
Bunker with a Radio Tower ontop

spacer2

Mountain_Region

spacer2
First I thought these Swedish “Kasematt” bunkers were only featured in Archipelago Region. So I searched and searched and it seemed at first I was right. But then I found 2 more kasematt in two different regions. This one in the Mountain Region at -2854, 423.

spacer2

Marshland_Region

spacer2
And to end this Route, this nice icy one in the Marshland Region west of Norrmyra Artillery Base towards the coastline at -3000, -3127.

spacer2

Top view the icy kasematt =>Click here

spacer2

South_Coast

spacer2

Three Kasematt at a rainy Sillavik Artillery Site (Recon Update)

spacer2

Return to Top

10 Likes

Hi Gysbert, another interesting hiking route.
The first time i saw this kasematts i thougt it was a part of air ventilation for the bunkers. As i saw the first kasematts at the very end of Ibboholmen near the bridge to Salthamn. It has make me think of that idea. Yesterday I made a hike from Granthorp over the bridge to Salthamn Church and on my way to Dyviks Udde i came along the kasemattes at the Sandviken Camp. I tried to get in because there was a wooden Door at the back end but you can’t open it. I fired a HEP Bullet at it but nothing other happened that i killed myself :rofl:

2 Likes

I think there might be a small one on himfiel around the artillery base to the southeast @Gysbert I’m not sure but I remember something like it there

2 Likes

I would be nice to actually enter some of these, wouldn’t it?

2 Likes

I’ll go and check. Thanks.
Edit: Haven’t found anything, so if you come across it again please send me the coords, so I can get a nice picture of it and add it.

2 Likes

Those are beautiful hikes @Gysbert!- and you’re quite the poet too! :ok_hand::grin:

2 Likes

Oh Yes @Gysbert, this would be a nice idea. Pherhaps there is hidden something special :grin:

1 Like

@Gysbert did you open the door that says it has an alien colonist inside? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Of course, but when I looked :eye: it was no longer there.

1 Like

It disappears once you complete the side mission: “Colonists”.

Alien colonist is

Prototype hunter

1 Like

Route 12: Dry Riverbed Route - Click here

spacer2
I started the run from the Klinte bay and followed the mostly dried-up riverbed all the way to Muskudden Port Dam. I’ve drawn a blue line on the map to show the route.

spacer2
I would love it irl to really walk over a dry and stoney riverbed.

spacer2
On the edge of Klinte as I am on the bend some 50 yards before the first Bridge, the sun breaks through. Great, that will liven up the photo’s.

spacer2
I past the first Bridge. Although there are still patches of water to be found, this part is pretty dry.

spacer2
At the second bridge there’s water but it’s not very deep. You see the runner under the bridge? He attacked me in the water. Well he tried…

spacer2
A lot of water here, but still only knee-deep at the deepest spots.

spacer2
Here the route goes up quite a bit. Hope it’s not too slippery.

spacer2
In fact the whole gully rises a lot from sea-level to the basin behind the dam.

spacer2
In the background you can see the elevated railway that comes from Muskudden Port and goes towards the Factory entrance. (RÖ Redovisningskansli Öst) to the left.

spacer2
Getting closer to the dam. Again there are runners here somewhere, I can hear them. Let’s not alert them, they will spoil this beautiful run for sure.

spacer2
Still going up.

spacer2
From where I am standing, underneath the elevated railway, I can see the Dam up ahead.

spacer2
Ok, a bit more water here. Best stick to the sides.

spacer2
There it is, the Dam. I’ll have to climb up there. But with my 7% jump boost on my shoes and 5% on my pants, that should be no trouble at all.

spacer2
Made it. :wink:

spacer2
I’m crossing the dam toward the basin, to have a closer look.

spacer2
Hmm… I think I can jump down on that ledge. It is under water though. Not sure how much.

spacer2
Oops, I can just stand here without going under, but there’s no way back up. Well, there is … fast travel or drowning! Anyways, It was a nice scenic route.

spacer2

Return to Top

9 Likes

Route 13: Harvester Dumping Stations - Click here

Red Harvester Dumping Stations
spacer2
This route is covering 22 Harvester Dumping Stations locations (aka, Dumping Vaults, Underground Storages, or Red Hatches), where Harvesters go to dump their loot harvest. The vaults can contain all kinds of loot from weapon attachments, to apparel items to help you complete the GZ clothing sets. Dumping stations were also part of the Scout challenges, where you had to loot 30 dumping Stations.

Let’s go, and find some!
spacer2
Brevikins Camping has 15 dumping stations. I believe we got our first introduction to these red hatches, in the FNIX Rising side-mission “The Hatches”, where we needed to loot three dumping stations at this camping.

spacer2

Fnix Central Nervous System ♯10011 has 14 dumping stations, but they are no longer accessible after you release the gas and blow the site to kingdom come to finish mission “Good night”. (pic Aesyle)

spacer2
Ängsnäs Manor has 8 Dumping Stations. Six of which are on this picture.

spacer2
Knaperänna Frontline Outpost has 6 Dumping Stations.

spacer2
FNIX Research Facility in the Farmlands has 5 Dumping Stations (-1790, 558), with a lot of ticks.

spacer2
Found 4 Dumping stations at FNIX research facility on F23 Överby Air base. Which was locked previously, but now it’s open.

spacer2
Stenungsnäs generator with 4 Dumping Stations nicely in a row.

spacer2
Then Tokeröd Data Center with 4 Dumping Stations as well.

spacer2
Säveredsberg Data Center has 3 dumping stations.

spacer2
I also counted 3 Dumping Stations at Hisings Udde.

spacer2
And another 3 spread around at Guteby Farm

spacer2
Location without icon, east of Kalleby on road, with 3 vaults.

spacer2
Sillavik Dumping Station had 2 of these red dumping Vaults, but after Recon Update it has 3. Also the location changed a bit higher up North, but the map location was not changed.

spacer2
At the Core Neural Node I also found 2, but not near each other.

spacer2
And also two vaults at the Hällabacken High Security Prison.

spacer2
Fiskebäck Docks has 2 as well.

spacer2
Then Ängnäsberg Data Center with only one Red Dumping Vault.

spacer2
And Småbåthammen Data Center also has just one.

spacer2
Three vaults here on Tylöveden mountain.

spacer2
One vault in the valley between two mountains in theTylöveden range.

spacer2
And another one vault also in the valley between two mountains in theTylöveden range.

spacer2
One vault in FNIX cave on South-side of Tylöveden Mountain

spacer2
Two vaults at a shot down FNIX outpost south east of Stenmyra. (Landfall update)

spacer2

Return to Top

8 Likes

Route 14: Cyclist urban explorer guide to Östertörn

This beautiful and long route is best done by the bike and it takes you to all of the Command Bunkers and some military installations as well.

Map credits: @0L0

Return to Top

9 Likes

Ruins

Route 15: Ruins - Click here

Östertörn Ruins
spacer2
On my runs through the GZ gameworld I past many ruins. There were many locations that only showed parts of ruins walls or just foundations, too many to all place here. So I show you the most prominent ruins.
spacer2
Archipelago.
Iboholmen Castle Ruins. (1)

spacer2
Archipelago.
Iboholmen Castle Ruins. (2)

spacer2
Archipelago.
Ruins at the Abandoned Fishing Wharf.

spacer2
Forest.
Gamla Stan Ruins. (1)

spacer2
Forest.
Other part of the Gamla Stan Ruins in the moonlight. (2)

spacer2
Farmlands.
Castle Ruins occupied by the Sovjets.

spacer2
Farmlands.
There’s not much left of the Farstaborg ruins. Just some parts of walls.

spacer2
Farmlands.
Mullvadsberget Ringfort ruins. You can still make out its ring shape a bit if you walk along the walls.

spacer2
Farmlands.
Ruins of elevated rail track at Ånnagruvan. (1)

spacer2
Ruins of elevated rail track at Ånnagruvan seen from the other side. (2)

spacer2
Farmlands.
Winter view of the ruin walls that surround the Ånnagruvan mining tower.

spacer2

Mountain Region.
Ruin Tower with the radio dishes.

spacer2
Marshlands.
Ruins of Entrance gate at Ålnästet.

spacer2
North Coast.
Remnants of Ruins around the windmill in Hagaboga.

spacer2
North Coast.
St. Anna Church ruins by day. (1)

spacer2
North Coast.
St. Anna Church ruins by night. (2)

spacer2
North Coast.
St. Anna Church Ruins far view. (3)

spacer2
North Coast.
St. Anna Church Ruins is changed. Now it has a prominent tower.

spacer2
North Coast.
Ruin walls of Viskandets Borg.

spacer2
South Coast.
Ruins at Ängsnäs Manor.

spacer2
South Coast.
Kaseberg ruins. Perfectly situated on a mountain top.

Ruins on Himfjäll Island

Himfjäll.
Castle Ruin close to Österhällan Marine Center - Far view. (1)

spacer2
Himfjäll.
Castle Ruin close to Österhällan Marine Center - stairs. (2)

spacer2

Return to Top

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ancient Viking Prophecy (!)