Beautiful Hike Routes

Thanks @Admiralgamer, I had fun doing it. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Colorful Trucks

Route 3: Färgglada Lastbilar (Trucks) - Click here

Colorful Trucks

When I was running around the Swedish regions and checking locations for weapons, I came across some nice ‘Ville’ Trucks. First pic I made were from the trucks of the Benso fuel company, which were standing near a Benso gas pump station, all neatly in a row.

spacer2
But the next Benso truck I saw wasn’t that neatly parked. We will never know what really happened. I did not stop to investigate. But look at its beautiful colors.

spacer2
Near the Police Station I saw this Post Office truck with it’s precious cargo of parcels and letters nevermore being delivered. Love letters withering away together with bills.

spacer2
The next truck had no company name advertising about what its cargo could be.
It’s has nice colors though.

spacer2
Military trucks were all over the place, but I liked the composition of this one with a container next to the one without a container.

spacer2
In passing this abandoned truck, I thought of the Hollies song “He ain’t heavy, he’s my brother”, though this truck is endlessly carrying its brother without moving an inch.

spacer2
Running past and through farms and homesteads, I took a shot of this truck with air- or water tanks as its cargo. Not so often seen. Green with blue, how do you do!

spacer2
Bepp Cola trucks however are very common. I encountered many Bepp trucks on my run. I guess the Swedish people love their Cola…

spacer2
And ofcourse the many ‘burney gray’ victims of war were also around, and even though they make a less beautiful picture, they are a part of it all, and they can’t and may not be denied.

spacer2
Next one where I stopped to make a photograph, was this a green army truck with a red army container, a nice color combination. Just like a red beret commando standing firm, not giving way!

spacer2
Another truck that I saw regularly was the Kundsam Livsmedel (food) trucks. Food is one of the most important things we need. And it is scarce now. But we have a lot of empty food trucks.

spacer2
Another truck not so often seen is a truck with tree logs. I found it near the fields where trees were cut, so yeah, not too surprising.

spacer2
And of course I also found a truck with nicely sawed wood, perfectly fitting in the red and brown colours of the sunny winter landscape.

spacer2
The truck loaded with big pipes I found in the North Marshlands.

spacer2
This truck is loaded with cement, it was bringing it to a military base On Himfjäll.

spacer2
This truck with sandbags, we find at Ripan. Looks like the military is digging in.

spacer2

At Älgnäs, I saw this Broadcasting or Media Truck with a satellite disk on the roof.

spacer2
Uncle Calle’s armored truck at the Ring Fort.

spacer2
Military truck with Soviet equipment.

spacer2
Skip Truck with a full skip to take to the rubbish tip

spacer2

And here a Skip truck with two Skips loaded.

spacer2
This truck carrying a tractor I found in the snowy Marshland Region after the landfall update (feb 8 2022) It had a little accident with a fallen tree, and ended up at a road sign.

spacer2
Here we have a Fire truck at the Östervik Fire brigade.

spacer2
Quarry truck filled with limestone ready to be processed.

spacer2

Cement truck leaving the Quarry.

spacer2

Command Centre Truck That needs to be protected at all times.

spacer2

Found this “Sleeping Truck” on Himfjäll.

spacer2

And just before I finished my run, I saw this nice red Bepp Cola truck, empty, containerless. Finished. Time to go home.

spacer2

See also Route 20: Special Cars
Return to Top:

11 Likes

I love this thread.

So much.

Literally made my day.

3 Likes

Yeah but gysbert has left the forums for a bit now he told me himself

1 Like

But I still read here, it’s hard to go cold turkey…:smirk:

3 Likes

Towering Structures

Route 4: Tornande Strukturer - Click here

Towering Structures

I have been running the equivalent of 1.5 times the Earth’s circumference, and today I decided to take pictures of the towering structures I encountered. On the first picture I captured an Air Surveillance Radar (LSTAR) on a bunker just like the ones on the many Radar masts.

spacer2
At Stenhaga Farm I counted six identical silos two of which I show you here with the shadow of the trees on them.

spacer2
When I see this lone windmill below, I can’t but think of the story of Don Quixote who thought these were giants with waving arms, trying to kill him. I better stay clear of the “waving arms” just to be sure.

spacer2
The masts of the Ski-lift carrying the carts are a wonderful sight against the snowy backdrop. Just for a minute the sounds of the harvester nearby silenced in my mind!

spacer2
At the ruins of the huge Iboholmen Castle I shot this picture of the remains of the once so powerful castle towers.

spacer2
On all my runs I counted eighteen Churches, but this one at night in a fiery blaze really makes a nice picture.

spacer2
Of six Lighthouses to choose from, I chose the Karl-Erik Lighthouse, because at the time of this picture the lighting was simply beautiful.

spacer2
Three factory chimneys on IGA factory facility, normally emitting the foulest stench but now they no longer work and look like pillars of wisdom.

spacer2
The next industrial looking chimneys made me wonder what they were. I thought maybe cooling towers, because they were so wide.

spacer2
I covered Power-lines in a different hike route. I took this picture because here the powerline with double masts meets with the single one.

spacer2
This wooden lookout tower has a nice triangle base shape design, there are two of these type on Himfjäll Island and two in the Farmland region, one of which is in a Sovjet camp.

spacer2
The tall Radar masts like the one on the picture, are easy to spot, but are also easy to erroneously dismiss them as ones you have already seen. I found eleven masts so far. Some are tethered and some are firmly anchored on solid ground or buildings.

spacer2
The steel Mining Tower is my favorite. It has that industrial look with broad steel steps. All the way up it makes a good sniper spot, if it wasn’t located in a wooded terrain.

With the big cable wheel in the top

spacer2
This Beauty is a Water Tower of which I found four. This one in Himarvet and the one in Östervik have a red door in the center column (locked). The one near Hjortqvarns Sågverk, strangely enough, has no door. The assault base update gave us the fourth one located in the Myrdalen area. All of them have a radio mast on top. Making them one of the highest man made structures in GZ.

Himarvet
spacer2

Ostervik suburb Haga
spacer2

Hjortqvarns Sågverk
spacer2
I almost forgot the gate and tower of Ålnästet ruins. They are a sight for sore eyes.

spacer2
I’ll end this run with a picture of two tall and slender factory chimneys reaching pointless for the skies, and becoming nothing more than a resting place for birds.

Return to Top:

12 Likes

The good old Swedish Truck Simulator :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Weapon Caches and Ammo Storage

Route 5: Vapenkassun & Ammunition Förråd - Click here

Weapon Caches and Ammo Storage
spacer2
When you run around the game world you’re bound to come across these colorful concrete cubes. Some have discrete colors and are perfectly hidden in the environment, but some like this Red one in the Farmlands, seems to want you to know it’s here for you to take what you need.

spacer2
On the next photo (which I took in the Farmlands as well), you see this light colored cube which had me thinking for a while what color it was. I’m still not sure, but I settled on Ivory.

spacer2
This modest green one I found in the Archipelago region.

spacer2
Another green one, but locked and blocked which I found in the South Coast region.

spacer2
Another ‘Förråd Kub’ I saw on my run through the Farmlands Region had a bluish complexion and would be quite easily spotted in day time, but in the misty nights it would not.

spacer2
In the North Coast region I found another glorious red one. I really love to take photos of them when the skies are clear.

spacer2
In the Marshlands region I found a new color, Anthracite Black.

spacer2
This Ivory colored one is located in the Forest Region, as you might have guessed looking at the photo.

spacer2
If you happen to find this one on Archipelago, you might as well get the key for all these small storages. It’s right there.

spacer2
Wow, again another Ivory one. This color seem to be having the upper hand. This one can be found in the Mountain Region.

spacer2
And then this nice blue one in the Forest Region sticks out like a sore blue thumb.

spacer2
This white one on Himfjäll truely adapted to the snowy scenery.

spacer2
Here I had to take the photo from a distance, since there was some nasty radiation emanating on that platform. Another Ivory one on Himfjäll Island.

spacer2
I quickly snapped this Ivory Cube in the sunny South Coast Region, before the clouds would spoil the light. One of the few without a fence.

spacer2
Did I tell you that I like the color red? Well it’s the last red one I have found so far. This one is next to a Radar mast in the South Coast Region. This is the type without a roof, and instead it has crane hooks.

spacer2

Not sure when this black colored Vapenkassun was added in the South Coast, but it was before “Dark Skies”. The door is stuck, but we can crawl in, however there is no loot in there.

spacer2

Ok, back on Himfjäll again with this Cube in Green, door and all. Somebody or something broke down the fence. I didn’t do it.

spacer2
Another white concrete förråd building on snowy Himfjäll Island. Let’s stock up on ammo.

spacer2
With all these Ivory concrete blocks we could build an Ivory Tower.

spacer2
Ivory cube. Hard to miss.

spacer2
Adding a second cube from Marshland region. This one is not black, but it’s the ninth ivory.

spacer2
Number 20 is a beautiful lone white concrete model in the South Coast region, which seem to be floating on air.

spacer2
In the Mountain Region I found this white vault inside a bunker, it has rails go to it.

spacer2
In the Mountain Region I also found these white twin vaults. Close to the previous one.
I bet I might have missed more of these in other bunkers.

spacer2
In the next Farmland Bunker I found blue triplets cubes. They are the numbers 24, 25 and 26 in this list. Not very good photographic conditions though due to the gas.

spacer2
In a bunker in the North Coast Region I found two white ammo vaults, number 27 and 28. Luckily no gas in this area.

After the New Dawn update I found this ransacked Cube in North Coast just south of Hagaboda

Return to Top:

12 Likes

Theres 3 at Overby air base in the bunker @Gysbert

3 Likes

Cool I will visit that.

2 Likes

A word of caution the room is full of gas

1 Like

Well I wanted to take a picture. I will see how it goes.

2 Likes

I love your travelogues @Gysbert !

3 Likes

Hermelinen Command bunker also has that weapons vault and if my memory serves me correct, Tosberga Fort complex also has those inside the bunker.

2 Likes

One of the bunker photos is in Torsberga Fort. I will check Hermelinen bunker. Thanks.

2 Likes

These hike routes are awesome! Take a nice calm break, in the beautiful world, after killing thousands.

2 Likes

Also that gas makes the photo look really good. I quite like the gas one.

2 Likes

Musskudden Port Complex bunker Safehouse…with the train tracks and all those red cargo containers filled with fuel cells / doggos inside…has literally I believe 4 to 6 of those inside it…Mountain region or maybe Marshlsnds…

1 Like

No.

There is only 3 weapons vaults in Muskudden Port Complex. One in 1st big vault and two in 2nd big vault. Both big vaults are side by side, near the pier.

2 Likes

@Aesyle

Well, I stand corrected then.

2 Likes