Casual chat discussions

Reply moved to more suitable topic.

//Mod

Mule for Materials you sayā€¦

Are you doing this solo?

Iā€™ve only ever played solo, if thatā€™s what you mean. I try not to horde stuff but with base building in the game I made a mule character a few days ago to hold any extra materials.

• Crating materials thoughā€¦or just equipment.

I only ask as I canā€™t figure a way to transfer crafting materials via mule solo

Yes materials, mainly a load of cloth. The recycling station works like the plundra, itā€™s shared on all characters.

OK, so how do you get your mule to a recycling station solo if thereā€™s nobody to push you to one?

The mule is one of your other characters that you have just for storage of equipment. Just the same for crafting materials as with other stuff.

Discussion moved to proper topic to keep the source topic on point.

Feel free to discuss it further in here. :slight_smile:

//Mod

OK, I feel Iā€™m going slightly in circles here.

So for clarity - I know what a mule is and how to use one, the issue is - how do you get your mule - to a recycling station in solo play to store more?

Make a recycling station right next to a place you spawn in the resistance base.

Thatā€™s the thing, you canā€™t. Even in player base.

But as far as i understood Mrshneeblieā€™s description, the ā€œmuleā€ is used to store only crafting materials and almost up to the point where player canā€™t move.

With lvl4 char, and Carry Capacity at lvl2, one can store up to 112.999 units worth of stuff. And when it comes to the crafting materials, that translates into 2824 pieces of crafting materials, while still being able to move.
For comparison, Recycling Station can hold up to 6250 pieces of crafting materials.

This doesnā€™t work. In player base, that spot counts as a Fast Travel point. It does not count as a spawn point.

Every single time, when iā€™ve ended my gaming session inside my base and then Continue my game later on, game has always spawned me in the closest safehouse, in this case: Hikerā€™s barrack. Not once iā€™ve spawned inside the player base, when Continuing my game.

Sorry Iā€™m late, but Iā€™ll answer. Before I go into my mule character, I fast travel to the little base camp to the top left of the home base in the first region. The hiker barrick Aes mentioned. Then I switch characters to my mule and Iā€™m at that spawn point.

The recycling station is only a few feet away so I drop my stuff until I can walk, I move a few inches towards the recycling station just close enough to pick up the dropped items, and repeat.

It lets you inch closer and closer while also moving your stuff. Once I take everything out of the station I want cleared, I quit. I only need to do this every few weeks, it doesnā€™t even take 5 minutes.

Ah, right - yes you are correct that would 100% work.

Sadly, Iā€™m not gonna be able to unload that much gear on the floor for crafting materials. For the moment, Iā€™ll take the nudge to one.

But - problem is solved

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I feel that you guys should know, that dropping tons of stuff on the ground can cause the game crash on you, and you will be loosing all the dropped items.

This already happened to one ā€œmuleā€ user, topic: Dropping too many items crashes game - items gone forever

While using alt char to hold stuff isnā€™t against the rules (e.g EULA), exploiting the no cap on weight limit is, and you will be doing all that on your own risk.

And from the depths of forums comes another example. That time, it was far more severe, ending with corrupt save: Corrupted Save File - #109 by Lonewolf

Exactly, however I can confirm that you can now get to a crafting station solo. You just gotta cook a grenade.

Yes, you can do that. However, ragdolling yourself to any favorable spot is exploit and lets not talk exploits in the forums.
Btw, grenades (or explosives in general) have been used to get yourself unstuck from the terrain, given that youā€™ll ragdoll out of the ā€œstickyā€ situation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can i ask; what is Kyoko?

Oh my bad is my main character i still working on find her a proper backstory to fit the lore^^

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome! Thereā€™s a thread that I created for just this kind of thing; character backstories. Youā€™re free to read mine and others there to get inspiration! And you can post yours there when itā€™s finished!

Here is the thread. My character backstory is at the top, the very first post. Character Biography

:smiley: I sure will make sure post it once i figure out her stroy^^ Let just say itā€™s involve the ā€œTime Paradoxā€ and my own main character in my own work but i get off topic there^^ Still love my ā€œActing Supreme Commanderā€ title :slight_smile: