Casual chat discussions

I would be glad if I could get it to spawn in the first place :cry:

I don’t have any of the DLCs and had them from the beginning so I presume they’re just part of the current map.

Thank you.
And also: What a shame… They could build their coumponds as you progress, so if you came back, it would be a new chalenge, instead and obstacle on low levels.

Also: What are they good for? Can they be destroyed? Looted?

Discussion moved here to keep the source topic on-point.

//Mod

Slug is amazing with a high quality Sjöqvist. I really began to love that combo. For example when I’m in a house surrounded by hunters and runners the Sjöqvist with slug ammo works amazingly well. Of course on could use and assault rifle or SMG but it’s way more satisfying to fire one bullet at the runner and kill them like a guerilla (on Guerilla difficulty of course) :sweat_smile:

But did they “fixed” the slug rounds with the latest update (or since June update)? They were only useful at 1 meter from the machines, so were basically Useless.
That is why I asked the question.

Why do you think so? Slugs were same before and after Nov’20 update. Either with Mossberg or Sjorgen.

I can’t say, but I used them before and after the Nov update and could hit enemies from far away (although it’s quite hard to aim since the Sjöqvist doesn’t accept any vision attachments.

That makes no sense, are you sure you aren´t using buckshot or birdshot?
Because slugs simply did not work before and after April Update.
I still haven´t used them now, so i have to test it.

Yes I am. Slug ammo has just one projectile. So you really have to aim precise to hit the desired target.

Thing about slugs - they are big, slow and heavy bullet. That means bad ballistic (biggest drop). “Long range varminting” with slugs take a great skill to be of any effect: first it’s non-tracer round, so you can’t see it’s curve; second it’s hard to track hits due to shotguns’ action (pump is… pumping and on long range you won’t see where hit landed due to player avatar jacking off it’s action taking out eye off scope while semi-auto is plainly has high recoil and no optics); third it’s horrible bullet drop - where revolver needs 2 MOA dots at 4x, shogun needs 3+ dots.
Otherwise, slugs can be your “more convenient” analogue to .50 BMG in cqc with AP properties.

I tested it.
So basically Slugs work with the normal 12g pump action and with the sjoqvist.
But it does not work with the experimental shotgun.

The thing is, that every projectile results in a small explosion. If you use the slug ammo you have only one projectile, which in it’s own does a lot of damage, but has only one explosion, so the additional damage is low. The birdshot ammo has lots of projectiles which do only small damage each but the combined damage of the explosions is pretty severe.

AFAIK the slug should work with the exp 12 gauge but I have to try this myself. Will get back here soon (hunting some robots in the meantime :grin:).

Well I tried the Slug ammo with the experimental 12 gauge and the result is wierd. The projectile explodes right at the exit of the barrel. Somehow it seems the same for Buck ammo as well :thinking: making the Birdshot ammo the only one useable.

I tried the Slug with my SjĂśqvist as well and it seem to work well as before.

That is why I said slugs don´t work.
But the buckshoot works, just not the same range as with normal shotguns.
Birdshot is the way to go with the experimental shotgun.
All 3 ammo types work with the 2 normal shotguns.

Discussion moved here to keep the source topic on-point.

//Mod

G-d please, does other guns exist for you guys other than experimental?
It said before in other topics and I’ll take blame to write it here again: exp pump12g is bugged - more you have accuracy, the less range of your flechette. I had to respec my char to have just one point in “+ hipfire accuracy” to add a meter more to range (I needed that skill branch). I had to strip this shotgun of all attachments and shoot hip-fire from jump for buckshots. Slugs there are heavy hitters, but melee sticks has better range than that.

Slugs are fun to use on either (up to golden) pump or semi-auto.

Since my preferred weapon combo is Älgstudsare and AG5, guess how many exp. weapons I use :sweat_smile:

It is not. It is intended to work exactly like that.

Latter is also explained by dev, in the next dev stream after Rivals update came, at 00:17:49,
link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/504688930?filter=archives&sort=time

Even i don’t use the full set of 6* weapons. My most used weapon is 5* HP5.

High five Aesyle, i use the whole time a 5* AK4 and a 5* HP5 submachine gun and they work fine. Sometimes i use a 5* Sjöqvist shotgun and she’s good for close combat to whipe out ticks and runners.

And with the Pumpgun i teached some hunters what fear is. So i did not really see that the experimentals are so wonderfull. I feel that they do not much better than the 5* Weapons.