Crash when reaper does gas/explosion attack

I have 1080p settings normally. I got crashed at about30-45 minutes into Reaper fight. Error Report got sent out.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 10 Pro (OS build: 19041.630)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

Was using the Experimental AG4 and the Experimental M/49.

Posted in another discussion, had more information there about where we were and what had happened. Error reports were sent via the auto reporting crash report.

It was my husband and I in multiplayer.

did it crash when he did his large attack and at which point?

for me, it was as the fire ring was just about to burn out and settle on the ground

Sorry for the long time between post and reply. The crash happens when the Reaper is nearly dead on Skirmish mode. Sounds like no one has had this problem on Adventurer mode, but I don’t play Adventurer mode when running multiplayer/Co-op. I’ll be testing to see if the issue has been fixed soon. I haven’t been playing since the last crash I had with team on GZ against Reaper. We survived several of the large attacks. It was like the game had a temper tantrum that we were winning against Reaper in Skirmish mode.

I’m on ps4. Reaper spawned for 1st time for me but every time I go to fight it, my game freezes and I have to close it from the dashboard and restart game. It’s happened to me 6 times in past hour trying to fight reaper now. Getting really annoyed with the constant game crashes.

Yep, game freeze often when the reaper does his chargeattack.

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

Gas explosion never crashed for me. Just crashed my game 8 times in an hour being in same area during combat. I had to run out of the area he spawned and run up to the top floor of the resistance hotel and snipe him out the balcony window to take him down without it crashing again.

Well, there are already two topics in the forums where game has crashed when people are fighting a Reaper; this one and Game crashes when using scope and/or vision mod.

Since you didn’t follow the proper bug reporting form, seen here: READ BEFORE POSTING - How to Make a Bug Report, your topic seemed to better fit in here, rather than in another topic.

Also, having plethora of different topics, where one common theme is that game crashes when fighting a Reaper, is ridiculous. That also infringes the no cross-posting forum rule. Having two different topics about the same issue (game crashes when fighting a Reaper) is already more than enough. Hence the merge.

Btw, your issue could not be with the Reaper at all, but instead you have this issue: Game crashes when traveling to/from Tarnboda Skans to nearby areas

//Mod

Destroyed a Reaper yesterday in Farmlands area and received exp Kisp and lots of ammo. yaay, (xbox) Went to another region right after and spent over an hour on another (non aggressively) Sadly at 10% left to destroy- I zoomed in my 50 cal and game froze. BOO. I’m not upset as I probably should have rebooted console after first boss. Just mild ranting here…

Some reason i cannot take the reaper. I took it before fine but after the update every time i aggro it and it starts running towards me my game complety shuts down. 5 times in a row. FIX PLZ
(also add 9x39fmj schematics plz ;D )

gtx 1660
ryzen 5 2600
32g ram
game installed on m.2

Im also just generally crashing. I stopped trying to take the reaper and im still crashing

Same issue topics merged.

About that. This is the 3rd time from you where you’ve asked for this. You already have a dedicated topic asking for it: 9x39 schematics and it’s against Code of Conduct - Forums to flood the forums with the same request over and over. So, please stop doing it.

//Mod

ok just wanna use the gun i paid for

And you can. Since 200x rounds of 9x39mm FMJ and AP are also placed in your Plundra.

Moreover, literally the 1st ammo loot box i opened had this inside (click here for screen)

Platform:PC

Description:I start to fight the reaper and after a few minutes the game freezes and closes abruptly.Help me please!

Steps To Reproduce:

Images / Videos:

Host or Client:

Players in your game: it does not matter

Specifications: msi gtx 1080,ryzen 5 2600,16gb ram(everything is fine with the computer)

Moved to relevant thread about the issue.

//Mod

Nov,1 2021 Yeah I’m having the same problem, I have my reaper spawned in at the top right of farmlands and no matter what I do, playing solo, with friends, adventure or skirmish. It crashes a few minutes into the fight with him. It’s only when I fight the reaper, dosent matter what range or if he uses the gas attack he still crashes my game. My screen freezes on a still frame I can hear noises still but then the window closes and it tells me the game crashed. Please tell me someone has found the problem or a it can be brung up to a dev. On pc, my computer has never had issues like this before

1 Like

I also have this issue. I bought the game a short time ago and I finally managed to spawn a reaper. Sadly it just crashes the game after a minute or two fighting it.

It is quite strange that this bug has existed for a year and it is still not fixed.
The game has crashed for me a few times before in the same way outside of this fight but this is consistent.

I tested on low quality/off on all graphics setting as well and I could fight much longer. The game still crashed after a few minutes thou. The reaper just started a rocket attack when it froze.

My specifications:
Core i7 4790K
Geforce Titan X Pascal
32 GB RAM.

1 Like

I also encountered a crash in a similar situation. 3 out of 5 tries after shooting and triggering The Reaper, the crash occurs. I thought it was because of the distance between me and it but it didn’t matter after all.
The title also crashes while fighting him, either when it has 60% health or 30%, but not when it does the thermobaric explosion, it happens randomly. I’m playing on a ROG Laptop, those are my specs:

• AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics (16CPUs) - 2.9 GHz
  • 16 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 GDDR6 @4GB (128 bits)

About the departures in the game … I changed in the special features of the brightness of the color of the sights, the contrast of the sights. Subsequently, the departures of the game began, it was in different cases and situations. Tired of this, returned the default settings and about the miracle - the departures stopped. Perhaps it will help someone. Graphics settings are mostly low. Single player game. Acer VA70_HW. Windows 7 Professional X64 (Build 7601). Intel (R) Core ™ i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHz.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M, 2 GB. VA70_HW Standard Monitor @ 60 (1920 x 1080). SAMSUNG SSD 860 EVO 1TB disk.