Easter Eggs Compilation

I don’t recall ever finding it either, but I remember writing down the coordinates. Maybe it was removed.

I found it, it is still there.

3 Likes

the stairway to heaven? coords?

Why don’t you go searching in the woods …

Spoiler

-2120, -385 Mountain Region

1 Like

On Himfjall (5661 -51) you can re-open the cave to the hidden Church with some grenades since the resistance update!

Downstairs is the entrance to the church

Under the blue lights, you can find interesting things

Like some coins on the floor

Solariums…

Pictures and ID card

5 Likes

Same content topics merged.

//Mod

Nice to see that Iron Church is back in business. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a tin of snuff. Snus. Someone in the dev team clearly likes it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Not sure if this was already mentioned but im pretty sure that some of the signs you find in houses that read, “To err is human” is a reference to The World’s End, the game bears a significant similarity to the movie, mostly the robot aspect and how a small group of civilians manage to overthrow a robot revolution that the military would not be able to handle

Pretty sure I’ve seen this runestone mentioned before but I made an effort to decipher it and I think I almost got it, so nerd alert :wink:
It should be said though that I did substitute the rune image on the stone with the elder futhark rune image for the letter S as that seems to make sense in the translation.
Maybe someone who is more expert at runes, or indeed the texture artist that drew it, can come up with a more correct translation.
DEN DAG SKALL KOMMA DA SMMASMAA SMEDENS ILSKA GER LIW AAT METALL LIN
THE DAY SHALL COME WHEN ??? THE SMITH’S ANGER GIVES LIFE TO METAL???
So it’s a prophecy about someone giving life to metal I’m guessing.

EDIT: SMMAKMAA changed to SMMASMAA on checking the runes closer. Also changed the words SMEDEN SIL SKA to SMEDENS ILSKA which makes for a translation that makes a little more sense.

There’s a side mission on Himfjäll about one of those runes that bears a prophecy. It was translated in the mission as something along the lines of “IN THE SECOND MILLENNIUM STEEL WILL INHERIT THE EARTH”.

Is this a different set of runes from the ones on Himfjäll?

The runestone I described above is set in the Archipelago region. I have to find the Himfjäll one some day :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are at least six runestones. Three on Himfjäll and three on Archipelago.

4 Likes

One of the Runestones on Hjimfäll is underneath Klacksundsfyren.

For more about the runestones read here:

Runestones - Translation, interpretation and discussion

4 Likes

“At the end of the second millennium, a threat from the inside will be reborn to punish the folly of men who tried to destroy each other.”

1 Like

So far I found 4 yellow rubber ducks in the game. And I’m not sure if these could be seen as Easter-eggs. What do you think?

Rubber Duck Debugging Easter-egg

In one of the Streams a while back a dev told us that they explain the quirks, often called bugs or glitches, in their code to a simple rubber duck that they have at their workstation, which then helps them find a solution to the bug. By explaining these bugs in their code to an inanimate object like this yellow coding buddy, they don’t need to disturb anyone else. And now, since the latest updates we find little rubber ducks in the game.

2 Likes

Moved to Easter Egg Compilation thread. It’s fairly known.

//Mod

When I hear that organ piece, I always find it sounds like something Ghost would have for an intro to one of their songs. Particularly if I shoot the church bell and make it ring in timr with the second part sounds.

Maybe it’s just me. lol

No campfire here anymore… sadless to say.