Frequent Crashes / Endless Crashing - Please Help!

If given that hardware is sound, the issue must be in the software. Bloatware is one of the options. However, there can be different programs as well that infringe with GZ specifically. Though, finding that one piece of software is one tedious and time consuming thing to do.

Fastest and easiest way would be doing clean Win install. This removes all software issues there could be (including malware).

1 Like

Maybe he is one of the unlucky ones?

1 Like

I have done everything from initializing PS4 to re-updating system to deleting game and installing again. I have even had to delete profile and start over. I love the game , in fact it’s the first game since ps1 that I’ve gotten all trophies for. It keeps me playing. Please for the betterment of the community fix these issues first

Merged with main thread regarding crashes.

//Mod

I co op with my friend he’s On PS4 I play PS5, recently himfjall island is constantly causing his game to crash, It’s happened ever session over the last month, so much so we can’t play together on island. I am not having any issues on my system apart from the phantom machine sounds but I have never known it be this unstable on PS4 host, I really hope this is fixed with update as the island is one of the best areas to farm and still looks great!

Most likely to do with this issue: Game crashes when traveling to/from Tarnboda Skans to nearby areas

My friend and I got a Reaper to spawn. It’s been an absolute nightmare crash-fest, with each of us taking turns with the game crashing, mid battle. We restart, craft more ammo, and we have depleted our resources for making ammo, explosives, and first aid kits, and we were both fully stocked with resources to begin with. Now, we have to farm resources just to get back in the fight, only to have the game crash over and over and over and over and over.

This is a game breaking issue. Very, very disheartening, and disappointing.

THIS will be the final straw for this game. With all the bugs, crashes, terrible UI, I won’t be playing anymore. I’ll come back when I hear that the crashing (which has plagued this game from day one) has been fixed. But I doubt this will happen.

Would like to say GG, but not really.

Moved to the general crash thread. Sorry to hear you’re having issues.

I’d ask for some more information about the issues but if you won’t bother with the game more anyway I guess there’s no point. For the record though, one thread is enough.

I’ve removed your other comment in this thread because it doesn’t concern the topic. It’s basically just a repeat of the post above. Please consider our rules on cross-posting in the future.

//Mod

Sigh. Well I seem to be getting endless crashes here. I’ve been going on a loot-fest trying to replace all the Adrenaline Shots I used up. I’ve already crashed like 2 times as soon as the loot screen pulled up.

Hey @TacMaster :wave:

Sorry to hear that.

What platform are you on?

If you are on XBOX I would be curious to hear how you experience the game stability now post the November / Resistance update. Is it still unstable and crashing a lot? Or is it better now?

The next patch should contain quite a lot of crash fixes and should hopefully reduce the amount of crashes in the game in general. We are working on getting this out to you as soon as possible!

So, I got the game with the Dangerous World bundle on Humble. Started up a game solo, got to the church. Crash. Ok, fiddle with some settings. Load game, Go up church tower to get the gun. Crash. Huh, ok. Fiddle with more settings… invite a friend to join my game. Play for a little bit. Crash. Fiddle more. Play some more. Crash. Ok fine… he hosts. Plays fine for a bit… crash. Yell at the world in general. Join friend. Things seem to be fine. Clear the 1st military base. Crash, crash crash. Get headache.

Each time I tried to send a crash report it said it failed. So I’m not even sure what to do, how to fix. I took a couple days off from playing. Long enough for the sting of the crashes to kinda fade. Loaded my game. Fast Traveled back to the 1st safe house to try and find a collectible I missed, and I wanted to explore the map some. Started to just walk south, no fighting robots. Just looting some bags AND crash. Friend never crashed once. I’ve got a decent enough PC, AMD Radeon graphics. None of the quick fixes I’ve researched seem to help. I’m kinda at a loss.

@SR_knivspark The game crashes on multiplayer, quite often. It also crashes on single player. It’s actually getting worse, not better. Seeing both connecting computers in multiplayer are over the specs needed, crashing the computer (not just the game) is a game issue.

It looks like the game gets too confused or over burdened sending out so many bots, that it just shuts off.

None of these issues come up on any other game. We are playing via Steam, on Windows, with Gen 0 as well as many other games.

This issue is NOT fixed and let me make it weirder for you, I HAD NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER UNTIL I STOPPED PLAYING VIA GAMES PASS, love the game so purchased and installed and now crash appx every 58 minutes in multi wether or not I host, it is worse in the off island DLC. No issues at all, until purchased and installed. Have un/re-installed, still constantly crashes. Going to have to change rating and review…

EDIT: Moved the post above and my reply below to a more appropriate topic.

Hi @Ruk :wave:

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing frequent crashes. However, what you are describing is not the issue that THIS topic is about so I’ll move it to a more appropriate topic and we can take it from there.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for flagging :pray: hopefully we can get this sorted in a future update!

Hey there,

I’m having an issue in game solo or with friends in multiplayer where my game will just crash randomly. Could happen 5 mins into a game or an hour in and its causing me to have to back track constantly to try and complete missions.

My two friends I’m playing with have next to no crashing and one is on Windows 10 the other on Windows 11. I’ve scoured the internet for a solution and have come up with nothing.

My system specs are as follows:

Windows 11 x64 Latest Build
i9 10850k
32gb DDR4 3200Mhz
RTX 3090

If anyone is able to help me out it would be much appreciated!

My bet is on drivers or bloatware.

This windows 11 install is fresh and all drivers are up to date. As for bloatware what more can I remove besides the usual culprits?

The Game Pass version doesn’t seem to have an error reporter but this was the windows error report from the latest crash:

Fault bucket 1584028659585652762, type 5
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: AvalancheStudios.GenerationZero_1.0.238.0_x64__m0byj0nmrybdr
P2: praid:Game
P3: 0.0.0.0
P4: 61967371
P5: GenerationZero_F.exe
P6: 0.0.0.0
P7: 61967371
P8: c0000005
P9: 00000000003cf6dd
P10:

Attached files:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.0f15b930-2d1c-4bf8-a32d-25bb1ff724c2.tmp.mdmp
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.31f7bc49-6d5a-4bae-9dcf-75f6c3724d19.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.3bdd736e-3fa5-4457-962e-2ad64a598fe5.tmp.xml
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.e01b9ab5-3feb-443b-a0d3-6c23b4ff8f15.tmp.csv
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.65aeb818-d76c-4324-acd7-d12e79a01c41.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_AvalancheStudios_d624ca45c5fb5f8e942264c9f76afa738f9ed7f_05500c3e_8f732892-a6b4-4955-be4f-79b5dfdffa14

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: ce26720a-867c-4e4e-ae6b-8444b63c01e6
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 6a870296e9c68c9025fb99ac60a4181a
Cab Guid: 0

Not sure if that helps

Moved to the frequent crashing support thread.

//Mod

Found the issue with my crashing. Kept checking my event viewer in windows for issues while the game was running and noticed it was coming up with a WHEA correctable error and narrowed it down to slight core instability.

Although I’m running the out of the box max all core clock speed for my processor, I run it with a slight negative voltage offset as my motherboard tends to feed a little too much voltage to the cpu which ends up with less than desirable temperatures.

By backing off on the voltage offset slightly I was able to stabilise the core errors and haven’t had a crash since (played for a solid 5 hours with mates)

This is the first game I’ve ever played that’s done this as normally if my system is unstable it’s a hard system crash, so for anyone that’s got custom voltages or offsets on their overclocks or what not, it may pay to check your event viewer while playing to see if that’s your issue.

Pretty long winded explanation but hopefully it can help someone else!

1 Like