FNIX Base Assault - how it works (spawn rate, level, loot etc.)

You have to offset the drop in threat level, by rebuilding the region. That said - past few days have been even worse for general base assault spawns. As much as this method works - the bugs behind the scenes seem to be stopping little, if any progress.

Once it is addressed and fixed, I’ll have a video guide ready.

Same here. I have been trying to respawn a FNIX base for days now… got the very first one, killed it proper, then an attack on the older base defense site, repelled that then nothing… for days…
have spent literally dozens of hours taking the threat to neigh zero then back to 18-22 and nothing, nada, zip, zilch…

Is this broken or what? Very bad taste to offer a new release called base assault then not have any of said bases to assault…

I am reminisce of Jeff Goldblum’s character’s line in the original Jurassic Park movie when he asks, “Are there going to be any dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour?”

2 Likes

Been a lot of bugs in the region for me. walking along and nothing then BAM all of a sudden NPCS drop out of the sky right on top of where I am standing… I run back a few steps in the original direction i was coming from, they disappear… walk forward again… BAM they all drop back out of the sky… Even NPCs that I kill same thing…

That and still no FNIX bases to assault even after dozens of hours of grinding region score up and down and up again. On PC Platform.

For people that were apparently unaware devs are working in a fix

2 Likes

I was walking through the Forest region and trying to build up its threat level when I came across Sundy Camping Control Point. Despite never having a Base Assault appear there (I’ve only had one at the mine) the Neutral Command Center was there and I was able to interact with it to claim it for the Resistance. Weird.

I closed the game and relogged and it’s still there as a neutral control point.

Gysbert’s latest map has all 8 control points on it. And yes, you can just walk up to them, and they’ll appear as neutral control points that you can claim - or FNIX bases can spawn when they fix it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oh, I thought they were only supposed to appear after a Base Assault spawns. Nevermind then.

Well, I went to ground on this again earlier with those in the know - shortly after we got the Base Assault issue update.

I remember Pontus saying they may have a lead on what is was from last week, so be sure to get the region at circa 10-12k threat points ready for when the time comes.

Question: Is there also a solution for the rivals not going into a hotspot? Staying there, that’s happened to me before, you’re almost at 20 (threat level) and then when you empty the spot, a rival level 4 suddenly appears, which then drops everything back to under 10.

1 Like

Well, there’s a bit more clarity now on the XP within the rival. On the description, it will tally the XP as it gains levels right up to Level 4. Most average 3k, reaper 3.6k, so always bare in mind that number will go from your region threat level.

As for the rivals themselves, it’s pretty on par with pre landfall. Providing you have the region itself loaded with machines - 1k - 1.5k worth of XP into the region will tend to spawn a rival regardless of threat level. Ironically, I’ve recently done 2 rebuilds on the North Coast with only Lynx as Rivals. Started at 0, and kept trying until I got 8. Rinse and repeating the hotspots kept spawning rivals all through the region levels.

I’m still set that 10k is a good place to be for Base Assault to spawn, with low rival count. My hours in Sweden have taught me that the less the game has to deal with, the less drama you have. As the Base Assault system works the same as rivals, in theory - less rivals = better chance of Base Assault.

It is bitter sweet however, as once the “patch” comes out - I’ll be at square one like everyone else, so holding back on a " how to " guide for the community for now.

2 Likes

Ok, now that the hotfix is out on Steam, maybe we could talk more about how this system actually works.

I’ve gotten a few bases to spawn, but there’s still some unknowns:

• How do you see the level of the FNIX base? (I could see that one had a “dotted ring” around the icon, I believe this was max level with 4 shield generators)
  • Can you get cement from the lowest level bases? (I believe this was the case earlier, but now I don’t get any cement from newly spawned bases)

For the seeing of the level, keep an eye on the centre of the icon for them. Itll start with only the bottom third filled in, then progress to the middle being filled in then finally being fully filled in for max level.

Cant say anythin for cement since all i have is max level bases for something later.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip on base level - I’ll have to note the icons more closely. And then you’re also set, because I’m pretty sure you’ll always get cement for max level bases - at least I have gotten it so far.

Yes, I recently got cement from a lvl 1 base.

The fact about the icon is ok, but it should be more clear. Not everyone has as good eyes :wink:
And, but it could be a Playstation related bug, my friend wasn’t able to see these diffences in the icon when he was in my game. For him they looked all identical.

Maybe the devs should add an info-screen like the rivals have. There could be some additional info what you should expect in the specific lvl of a selected base.

1 Like

Interesting Madchaser - maybe I’ve been unlucky.

Anyway, from what I’ve tested so far, I think the most time-effective way to farm Cement is to assault Medium (Lvl 2) FNIX bases, and do Base defense on Easy.

Easy base defense is a walk in the park, and still gives at least 15 cement. Medium base assault takes some time, but should give ~20 cement each time. I did Easy base assault 2 times without getting any cement, so this seems hit and miss.

Normal/Hard base defense and Hard base assault gives a little more cement, but not enough to be worth it for the extra time and destruction in my opinion.

Interested to hear your experiences. :sunglasses:

Do they all take 20 control points to claim?

Do they all only give 10 control points when you destroy a FNIX controled point, such that to claim a base you must have destroyed it twice etc.

What change to region score is nescessary to unlock defense missions on claimed control points?

Are FNIX claiming unclaimed control points influenced by anything, region score etc.?

Yes and yes.

The higher your region score, the higher probability that both base defense and base assault missions will spawn. The exact spawn rate is random, so you’re not guaranteed a spawn of either type. But as long as you grind up the region level, they will spawn eventually (now that spawn rate has been fixed).

How do you take down the base? I wasted 2500 rounds of 7.62 just for them to respawn over and over

Moved to the Base Assault thread.

Personally I recommend bombing the walls with a suitable rocket launcher. Be wary of the enemy respawners (glowing purple) and take them out quickly to avoid getting swamped.

Take out the power generators (they have red pillars of light above them) so that the main core is vulnerable, then destroy it.

//Mod

How to take down a FNIX base? Bring plenty of ammo, and attack strategic points first.

• Find the machine spawners and turrets first and destroy them
  • Then find the power generators (there are 2, 3 or 4, depending on the base difficulty) and destroy them
  • Finally attack the Command Center in the middle (can only be damaged while it’s not glowing red and stay away from aerial bombardment)
1 Like