Home Base, Feature Requests

I think it whould be cool to have some furniture so the base feels more alive and a roof too, and maybe a swedish flag?

4 Likes
  • Endless mode, no need for different difficulties.
  • Make it available at every safehouse
  • A new layer of XP progress that doesn’t impact the skill tree or anything, something worth grinding for
3 Likes

That looks SO fallout 4 (didn’t played, much heard). One of big reasons I skipped it because of this “settlement” thingy. I tolerate base-building in GZ as thing to do because it gives stuff to spend/craft and you are in full control of it.

4 Likes

I agree, but it’s that or decrease the cost of repairing your structures, after every attack I’m sitting there with dwindling resources. The amount of material i have to sacrifice to maintain my walls and defenses makes it all fell very unrewarding

Yeah, that would be cool. I was thinking that they would just show up after you successfully defended the base.

Erm. I would say that they just get unable to fight for the remaining assault or until you heal them.
I would assume that their aren’t many survivors out there so it doesn’t really make sense that we could just find a new one when one dies. Survivors would essentially be in limited numbers
But I see where you are coming from. Perhaps there could be a random encounter where you must aid some entrenched survivor in a house by defeating machines around the house or giving them some supplies.

yeah some more decorative items would be nice perhaps a flag with the resistance logo or the three crowns
Perhaps other flags like American, Sovjet, …Norwegian?

I was thinking more of how the base of operations in Tom Clancy’s The Division gets upgraded as you progress, but you’re right. however whats the point of defending a truck on top of a mountain if there is no reason for the truck to actually be up there. Yes it would be a bit like the settlement system from Fallout 4, but I think it’s better to

• defend the base, to protect the people that live there and give them hope that we can reclaim what FNIX has stolen

instead of

• Defend the base, to protect the … truck? i guess?
3 Likes

That would definitely be a stronger lore motivation overall.

For me, just a small thing i’d like to see, is having build mode be toggleable without selecting a structure. It would help for counting the grid if you need to.
Some sort of simple sleep function, roll out a designated sleeping bag for it somewhere in the base that takes 2x1.
And maybe some varied storage (the weapon rack idea would also work) but that would solve a ton of the cumbersome inventory issues we can tend to have, then the plundra could serve as “on the go” storage.
But the real feature requests will kick off once xbox gets its update. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

That would indeed be nice.

that is something that I think has been requested before, option to skip time.

Feedback request - Sorting items in the inventory - Feedback/Feature Requests - Generation Zero Forum

3 Likes

With my long gaming life I learned how switch off “lore” and “narrative excuses” filters and lookat game as construct of features and mechanics.

“This truck in the middle of nowhere absolutely must be defended, but you decide when and it’s okay if you lose it. Come back later.” sounds like optional arena/defensive horde mode (which are on my good side, not that I favor them). Totally stuff from which I can get my high from heartbursting pace and pulling through overwhelming odds. Totall not an errand boy for needy NPCs, who need something trivial on a daily basis and all they do is wandering around or sitting with their asses welded to chairs and hands cuffed to their beercups.

As I said, but in different words - I tolerate this totally optional arena/horde mode that gives you powerful and (as my heart cringes) magical bullets or other long-term rewards, if you get through of course.The only things that puts bricks on my head is the fact that I need to build all defences from scratch (for which I admittedly lacking creativity for) and extensively loot even more containers for new resource, that gives my hoarding urges even worse. I mean currenly wood is gained from containers and I’ve yet to get it from machines or by recycling stuff.

2 Likes

Well i think that a swedish flag or stickers whould be cool, why swedish? well we are a swedish resistance and i think that most of the survivors whould still be patriotic. And some furniture whould be really nice to make the base more like a base, maybe stuff like; desks, beds, crates, Maybe a weapon rack?, cooking stove, and maybe small stuff like trash bin, desklamp, lockers, chairs, and maybe a makeshift station for decoration? like a medbay, armoury, kitchen? and maybe resistance fighters at the stations?

what do you think?

2 Likes

stuff so you see like they said in the trailer; we are building back our resources

Weapon rack: permament attachment to the wall, adds “+5% damage resist”.
Just because I’m bored of recycling over and over some rusty rifles, then why not to “reinforce” walls with them? There’s Iron Throne, made of swords, so why don’t we get ourselves as iconic “Wall-o-Guns”?

2 Likes

[Moved]

So we have had a couple days to try out the base building and wave defense. I quite like it so far, gives us something to do with cool and new rewards. The one thing I hope for is some new buildings types, and/or new pieces in already made types. We have a couple walls to work with, some defenses, a tower. There are already plenty of resistance and soviet buildings and fortifications that could be used. I will provide screenshots and more detail below.

First off, some higher end tier base stuff would be cool. Like heavy sheet metal walls, even titanium ones. There are several soviet ones that can be remade by the resistance, ot straight up stolen.

We have a simple wall here. We can also have a lightly raised version.

We then have a small tower.

We have a sandbag formation here.

Finally we have this tent. I think something “inside” can be cool. Possibly be able to fit crafting stations and ammo storages in there.

Now we have a collection of resistance fortifications that could be used. These are more plausible since the resistance clearly know how to build them

This raised sandbag formation here is what I like the most. More raised position other than the small tower we have would be nice. We could possibly make this a s defense item with a small pillbox built into the bottom.

We also have these barrels here. These could be a cheap metal option.

Thanks for reading my post. The building here has a good foundation that could be made more fun and interesting with more build items and types. We have some really cool ones in game already that I fell could have some use.

6 Likes

Flooring. Wood, metal, or concrete.
The floor by radio-truck in the base is just (snowy) dirt which becomes extremely shiny when lit by lanterns or sunshine. It also looks kinda jarring that watchtowers and gates have concrete foundations leading to nothing but shiny wet dirt.

Fix gate noises. The player built gates constantly make annoying metal shaking noises when you’re near them which is super annoying.

Buildable lights are unpleasant The lanterns on small sticks are way too bright and orange leading to extreme ambient and reflected light on and through nearby objects and floor, but also their culling distance is super short, only like 30 meters even on max graphics settings.
Meanwhile the streetlamps are super dim and probably way too pale for 1990, but at least they’re visibly lit at a distance of like 200 meters which is nice.

Spawn point but not a safehouse? Shouldn’t the Home Base be a game-load-in spawn point instead of constantly putting us at the nearest unlocked safehouse? This is surely a bug if not an obviously overlooked feature.

3 Likes

Sandbags - “low wall”, needs textile, rubber and possibly thread. Primarily to save up wood and steel, also aestetic.
Barbed wire - “passive defence”, steel, copper. a very low passable wall, that casts “slow” (if bullets can do that) and damage. Good for bases that rely on “short” walls and extensive use of obstacles. As seen on farmlands (south of F23 airbase savehose, behind fence breach).
Wiretrap - “passive defence”, steel or copper, grenade. Machine passes the line - it goes boom. Possibly enhanced with explosives or straigth up loaded by explody canisters.
Fence - bullet and sight-transparent (can be targeted and shot through), but prevents movement. Depending on height Hunters could vault over it. Have a very high bullet damage resist (but not invulnerable), normal melee and elements resist - damaged by machines melee attacks and blasts, flamethrowers and stomps. Unaffected by gas.

3 Likes

It would be nice to be able to move structures after placing them. At the same time running around checking what was destroyed or damaged can be a bit tedious so how about having a repair all option to fix all structures. Structures when they break should become a pile of debris on the ground.

6 Likes
  1. You should be able to repair your buildings no matter the health they are at.

2. Building health is to low.

3. Increased pillbox damage to machines.

4. Add a robot that repairs things automatically that doesn’t use your resources, but takes 7-10 minutes real time to repair it, put the cap for them at 3 or 4.

5. Let us upgrade our buildings.

6. I already know this is coming but, more buildings.

7. Add a larger building cap to the pillboxes.

8. Add explosive traps and EMP traps that you can bury into the ground and have a switch inside of the camp you can use to detonate them.

9. More offensive buildings.

10. Spotlights that rotate right and left.

11. Electric traps that fry the machines CPUs.

12. A scrap bot that identifies as a resistance fighter so it can go through doors that can find scraps around your base and deposit them in a new specialized scrap box that has its own weight limit, building cap 1.

13. Auto ammo maker that doesn’t use scrap that is very slow in making a player selected ammo type.

Lower quality ammo (pistol and buckshot) takes 1 minute per bullet/cartridge,

Medium quality ammo ( assault rifle, Magnus, LMG, buckshot, and SMG) takes 1 and 45 seconds per bullet/cartridge.

High quality ammo ( sniper rifle ammo, rockets, and shotgun slugs) takes 3 minutes per bullet/shell/cartridge.

Building cap 1, max ammo cap before machine stops, 200.

1. Able to move building instead of having to destroy it.
3 Likes

Using the walls as an example how about been able to upgrade them to a higher level to give them more health and defence. Level 1 walls been made of wood so they will need only wood to get fixed but level 2 walls might be made of wood with steel plateing so need wood and steel to fix.
It would mean that structures aren’t completely destroyed but reduced to ruble instead needing to be fixed to be of any use.
Bit of a side note it would be nice if in the build menu if it showed how many of a structure you have build out of how many you can build.

I think flare dispensers would be a nice touch with timed launches, on a shoot for night fights !

4 Likes

Reply moved to proper topic.

@broken_insect289, if you did read Francesco’s request properly, Feedback Request - Cosmetic structures for base building topic is only for items/structures that have no new gameplay features.

//Mod

1 Like

Hi team,

First of all - I love this game, i’m about 600 hours in - your awesome.

I just had some thoughts on base building and I know you will refine it as we go.

I’ve completed it on hard mode in Guerilla and i’m still finding it too easy.

The hunters do their jobs well and get into my base and close to my van, although they don’t seem to actually damage it… The Tanks on the other hand do nothing, I had one attacking one side of my base for a few minutes before I could get to it and I didn’t have any of my base damaged when I got there. I feel it should have been half destroyed.

I also feel being able to build while you are getting assaulted ‘breaks the forth wall’ a bit and decreases the challenge. Is there any way base building while in combat can be disabled? (maybe it’s in the option or maybe only for Guerrilla players.

Also I get the same amount of Uranium from doing a hard wave as to an easy one. Could the player receive more the harder the mode?

Many thanks for all your hard work, looking forward as always to your work on this game.

Regards,

Marcus
Playing on PS4

1 Like

Base building feature request topics merged.

//Mod

I also found the Hard mode on Guerilla relatively easy. No breaches to my walls what-so-ever.

More difficult Hard mode has been asked as well, especially since for a 4 player base, there is no challenge what-so-ever.

That could be Option you can toggle within game settings since i find the base repair/build quite useful between the waves. Else-ways, there wouldn’t be nothing to do during the 90 seconds cool-down (there still isn’t much to do, if you keep your base well defended).

For me;
Easy - 2 uranium
Medium - 3 uranium
Hard - 3 uranium

This has been forwarded to devs and in future update, we might see a change.