Interesting locations

Rest = raised or erected. I don’t know which term is used with statues.
The other text is some sort of spoof on swedish people being ”lagom”.

Lagom means something being neither too much nor too little. Not too good, not too bad. Kind of like ”average” but not quite.
There almost an internal swedish joke about no other language having the equivalent of the word lagom.

Mathias was ”lagom”, but at least he tried his best. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Erected in memory of
Mathias the Moderate
But he did his best

Whatever it was that he did :thinking:

3 Likes

His best I guess… :smile:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, i have seen that also. No idea if it’s a reference or not about something.

1 Like

It could be a reference to Bonnie & Clyde: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnie_and_Clyde

Photo laboratory?

2 Likes

where is this place?

1 Like

That’s the factory place in A Wrench in the Works mission isn’t it?

Nope i posted this already in another topic Its at algnas North west of the air base there is a truck outside with a little relay beacon on top and this place is in the garage.

1 Like

So I was just reading through here and discovered this

decided to take a look

South of Yttervik

From Stenudden

Seems like their is a whole island that isn’t on the map south of the Archipelago region
And on closer inspection I saw something on the map.

Any idea what this is and why it isn’t on the map?

1 Like

Me and other users already discovered and talked about that.

2 Likes

I think the 6th relay beacon in the South Coast is east of Knaperanna. I remember destroying one near there.

2 Likes

Well, that one i marked with blue question mark since i remember there being one but i don’t have confirm screenshot of it.

Also, in the early version of the game (launch day), the relay beacon located: NE of Sannum Sörgard, South of Överbytorp, West of Äso, near the coast line, was part of the South Coast. But after map revamp update, is now part of the Farmlands since region borders were changed. Latter i also showcased on the Farmlands map.

Perhaps the little island you’ve spotted south of Yttervik is the location where the players was camping out when the cataclysm happened? :wink:

Another thought I’ve had regarding Yttervik: I’ve heard quite a few GZ players assume that the house in Yttervik, where you arrive when the game starts, is in fact the player’s home! This might of course be the case, but I did not get that impression back when I started the game. Is there any “evidence” to back this up? I seem to remember a note left behind for a family member at the house, but I thought this could just be anyone. I would rather think the player and his/her friends took a boat from Salthamn or maybe even Yttervik. It would be quite a coincidence if your boat was blown up right on the doorstep of your own house… Any wise thoughts on this? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No. Since player char is unnamed and there is 0 evidence who you are. Except the line in prologue.

Also, it is possible that player char isn’t even a resident in Östertörn. Instead he/she visits a friend, living in Östertörn and they decide to go on a scenic tour. Or they all aren’t residents of Östertörn but were just on vacation there (for natural beauty).

3 Likes

This is the same impression that I got. I paid close attention to all the hints and details that I found, but it’s like… 20 months since I started the game, so I don’t remember everything. :slightly_smiling_face:
I bet the misunderstanding occurs when players don’t pay attention. One example, if you’ve watched IGP and IcyCaress playing GZ, they are so worked up while playing that they end up misunderstanding the story and the missions all the time, to a degree that it’s almost painful to listen to. :woozy_face:
Of course I don’t mean to criticize them in any way. Those guys are super hilarious! :joy:

3 Likes

Whilst they play to entertain and are doing well with that, I can’t watch them for this -

I don’t think it’s accidental, because they use clickbait thumbnails. If they have strategies to create click-intensive titles and thumbnails with the effort that goes in them, they know what they’re doing.

I’ve considered this, but out of memory I can’t remember a counter-point to that. You would need to start up a new save to confirm that the first house wasn’t you being talked about, because I remember that being the very first impression that faded. I would think the starting house was our family’s, but eventually that idea I stomped myself. I can’t remember the reason behind it.

That said there’s possibility for Aesyle’s statement and still stronger possibility for the teenagers to be Swedes. Just change your audio language to English and the voice actors will have English dialog. That dialog isn’t just Swedish with subtitles, like it would be with posters in English, so no matter between the two language settings, it will still feel like you’re a native in understanding and are incredibly fluent.

That said, anyone has the possibility to become fluent at Swedish outside of Sweden. Not ruling out that possibility, only that it’s less likely.

3 Likes

Yep, I’ve definitely noticed the clickbait thumbnails they use, and considered that as well.
But I don’t want to criticize them for it, both because they’re not here to defend themselves, and because I find their vid’s funny. :wink:

2 Likes

Bläääh! Generation%20Zero_20201211170806

6 Likes