Letter from the Team - February 26th

A grenade launcher sounds dope. Now I need that T2 outfit, the belt with the grenades and of course I hope you hold the launcher like Arnie did :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, the Grenade Laucher would be fun and when you add a belt as a finding in some location or a loot from the reaper or a tank or a Harvester that woukd be fine. Arni Schwarzeneggers Grenade launcher makes more Fun. But whats about a grenade for the AK4. The G3 IRL has a posibility to set up a grenade on the barrel and fire it.

Like the one below:

2 Likes

Molotov cocktail I like :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:!!!

Thank you very much for chancing your philosophy and inform us about the projects you are working on. I really appreciate that.
The idea of the granate launcher and the molotovs sounds cool. I really hope thou that the molotovs will not explode in my hand like the hand granates probably still do. I haven’t played in the last months.

2 Likes

Firebottle is an interesting item. While it is of questionable damage ability on machines chassis, the fire may mess with their perception/targeting and mess up their innards (bonus damage to certain heat-vulnerale components). Can be “fireworks” with “tag” properties of “sticky flare”! Also - first impact grenade.

M79 GL - would be cool addition but knowing current recoiless Carl G - makes me worry if it will have any utility. Also, there was 40 mm buckshot (M576) for these - according to specs - lighter and weaker than “standart” buckshot with wiiiiiiide spread. Mostly for grenadiers’ self defence before underslung grenade launchers and other “close shotty” options became a thing.

1 Like

Wait a minute? You made a thread about another type of grenade launcher just to include it here again? :sweat_smile:

I’m glad that the devs decided to let us know on what they are working and wouldn’t have the idea to wish for even more.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: New Weapon Ideas

What would you say if the N79 would be a side weapon? I think that could be interessting with a long reload animation but a bigger punch in one hit. Then it would not be that problematic if the damage is moderat.

1 Like

Sharing plans and ideas from the Dev team is a really good idea. Thanks for “involving” us in the community. I suppose that one of the benefits is, that it provides feedback on how players are expected to react to the ideas, which is probably valuable information. But some feedback might be critical, which I suppose is good too. I’ve been critical about a number of things added to GZ, I’ve bitch about experimental weapons and rivals on a regular basis, the lack of things to do comparing GZ to something like “PacMan on steroids by Edward Hopper” … the list is long. But just bear in mind that I’ve played GZ since May '19 and it is still my “go-to” game when I need the occasional brake from my daily chores. That should be worth much more than my critical remarks. So … shields up, Devs :grinning:

I really like wristwatches. I almost collect them. And before anyone consider planning a raid on my home, they are all in the “Casio price tag” category. However, I can only wear one at a time as wearing one on both wrists is kind of tacky. So I have a favorite that I wear 98% of the time. The same goes for weapons in GZ. For almost one and a half year I’ve carried three weapons 98% of the time: 6* AG4, 6* PVG90, 6* Klauke … all fully equipped. And I only use the Klaucke occasionally to check that it still works. My point is: I need no more weapons, that being granate launcher or Molotov coctail. I know that a lot of people - the majority of the population in some countries - believe that you simply can’t get enough guns. As I believe you can’t get enough wristwatches. But if you introduce a new weapon I will most likely collect it, think “well, that is nice indeed”, and find a vacant spot for it in my Plundra. And never think about it again. Consider it collected. Unless, of course, that it is a pair of experimental glasses I can put on, look at a machine, blink twice and the machine evaporates.

Please don’t put too much effort in new weapons for my sake. Spend the time working on the mission system instead. The FMTel is really cool and once that it actually works there’ll be a great potential for it as assignments can grow more complex. Actually I would be willing to pay for assignments as for DLC’s. Make them good and make money of them.

3 Likes

If noticed similar persons like you in Battlefield. They start playing, ask for the strongest weapon in each class, grind untill they have that weapon and never play something else from there on. I personaly enjoy experementing with other guns.
For example in GZ I get rather fast get bored of the Exp PVG if you can just kill everything from far away with just a few shots. Then I try to use the other snipers and try a more sneaky playstyle to entertain myself. The same goes for the exp KVM, I use it when expecting tough fights but also enjoing the other guns in easier regions with prototype enemies for example.
I’m very happy to get new weapons to experiment with other styles to play and other tactics.
For example at the beguinning it was very funny to set traps but with stronger enemies they are more and more useless because the explosives are just not strong enough. I hope in the future we also see some love in this direction.

1 Like

Oh, there are tons of us! I’m extremely ordinary and quite boring, actually :wink:

And you are right. I could just drop the experimental. Except I can’t now that they are there. Weak character, I suppose :grin:. And that is probably why I opposed them in the first place. I simply can’t imagine being a teenager in Østertørn trying to survive and then voluntarily refraining from using the best and most powerful weapons at my disposal. I think I owe that to my protagonist. I’ve grown rather fond of the poor thing :blush:

Yeah! Great addition to weapons/consumables.
Will we find the moltovs or will this be a crafting object?

Finally molotovs. Something I’ve requested a long time ago. I like the grenade launcher. But I do Wish they had chosen one of the disposable swedish ones. Would have fit better in the game in my opinion considering the theme. But I do like new stuff and it Will be a great addition.

a panzerfaust is a disposable german anti-tank weapon, cheaply made and mostly effective.
I don’t know what swedish one you’re talking about is but I think a disposable anti-tank weapon would be cool.

1 Like

The AT4. It’s a swedish design. Called pansarskott m/86 in swedish service. (Anti-tank m/86.) We used a copy of the panzerfaust for a while after ww2. But it was not up to standard of the time against cold war tanks. It was Only in use for a few years.

Understood! Now surprise us…:+1:

1 Like

Will the molotov and the grenade launcher be released at the same time?

There is no confirmation on whether they will be released at all. It is some early looks on what they are working on.

2 Likes

As Dantec says, its true. Playing with lower weapon Tiers class can be very satisfying. You approach the situation very differently instead of going guns blazing with your 6☆ weapons.
I like the Älgstudsare Hunting Rifle .270 with a silencer and taking a whole group op runners from a distance.
Using the 4☆ assault rifles is also gratifying. You tend to aim more at delicate parts of the machines.
Or using the pump shotgun with slugs, as long as you know where to hit them propperly.
I just like the fact that all consumables have a purpose in the game and lets your imagination run wild. your attacks more efficient and overall experience more rewarding.
Overall I do like Guerrilla Mode, I switched to it and never went back to Skirmish.
I am playing a second character on hardest difficulty and dont regret a thing. Planning ahead is winning :sunglasses:

3 Likes