Level Caps Are Not Welcome & Here's Why

I play on ps4 as well and the whole character switch thing is easiest done when stopping by a plundra to drop off loot. That way you pick up in the same spot. Just my thoughts👍🏼

I’m still with the devs here, they only recently said that they don’t want to simply remove the cap and allow everyone to become a super hero. If there is some new progression system it has to be meaningful while being balanced and catering to the ultra-casuals here would not be healthy for the game. The complete train of arguments by the OP feels unreasonable to me regarding the ‘muh I want all skills’ and the level cap, in its current state, makes sense and keeps the game balanced.

You can solo reaper on guerilla with level 31, and skill requirements should not be completely disabled by abilities, this is not a hackn’n’slash game where you push some buttons and things happen, but a shooter that requires a certain amount of mechanical skill and knowledge.

6 Likes

Well said, sir.
Full agreement here.

1 Like

Not quite. What Paul did say, was that they (devs) want it to be meaningful, not just adding more levels for the sake of more levels.

It was said in the latest dev stream, at 01:06:25: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/791718316?filter=archives&sort=time

That implies towards a situation where e.g: 8 new skills are added to the game but level cap increases 4 levels (to 35), giving all players only 4 extra skill points. Not enough for all new skills and certainly not enough to unlock all skills on single char.

Exactly, so they have acknowledged it is a feature they need to consider.

And given the current setup on feedback, I think an upgrade to the skill tree and level cap increase will come naturally early 2021

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Suggestion] Skill Tree Rebalancing

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Skills Respec please

What incentive is there to buy a DLC if my max level is set at 31?

How many L31s do you have?

Same content topics merged.

//Mod

You can further the storyline on your main character, that’s probably well-geared and got some useful skill perks that’ll help, or try it out on an alt and level them that way.

So, after you get to level 31, it just stops. You don’t gain anymore skill points, and thus, if you have a “chink” in your armor, (if I may borrow the lquoquialism) Such as lower stamina/ stamina recharge, Higher visibility than you’d like, etc, but your at level 31, you pretty much just have to live with it.
I think this should be changed because it limits growth in the game, and you have less in-game goals to accomplish. So you pretty much just sit there and chill until the next DLC, but even then, although you have goals and more storyline…you still can’t level up.

Covered considerably since day 1.

There’s a lot of arguments to the benefit, and why not to - so it’s purely if the developers decide to implement it down the line.

I will say this, Hunter Call of the Wild was a big part of the framework for GenZ. That level caps goes to 40, so maybe one day it will come.

Please can you use forum search next time? I used to do this, but it is a lot easier to search, as you can usually find an answer a lot quicker. :slightly_smiling_face:
I agree with you that it would be good if the level cap was increased, but I don’t think it is a massive problem, as some of the skills do not make a lot of difference.

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

That makes total sense, however, if you take into consideration the fact that a 3-story tall, rocket launching robot, can annihilate you in a matter of seconds in this game, you really cant get OP enough to make the game child’s play…although, it literally is a video game, so…child’s play.

Yeah level cap killed my game with DLCs. I don’t want to do missions because it’s no reward for them. 0 EXP and nothing more. I don’t want even fight with robots because it has no reward other than good gunplay which i had tons in this game

I agree with korzychxp, I was really into the game, and then hit the cap. Without any warning mind you. If people are afraid that allowing people to unlock the tree entirely will make them too OP, then the devs could make it that you can only use a certain amount of them at a time. Perhaps, the equivalent amount of 31skill points.

I think a good option would be the ability to redistribute skill points when the maximum level is reached. many wanted to take something from the skills, but put it off for later. and then it did not happen)

although I would like to have an infinite level for character development, giving, for example, +1 health and + 1% to the stamina reserve, no more. so that having reached level 131 with a huge effort, you would have twice the running time) well, some statistics, except for the number of killed robots