Machine Master (AKA Pet Master)

Cool idea, really fits the theme of the game

Yes, that’s the answer - in which case if he got hit and started smoking and steaming, with sparks flying out, you’d send him to your favourite Bat-cave Safe house at once.

And after all, you can already deploy ticks, which are on your side, so the principle is sound.

And if he did die, then you would be able to search him and recover the floppy disk, for use again…

Hi, I like this idea alot and I made a similar suggestion here:

I could imagin my idea is the first stage and then you can upgrade the runner with guns and it will fight with you.
I love it.

Watching the movie “the good dinosaur”, with my daughter. Now I want a runner as a pet…seeker? No runner with saddle bags as my personal mobile plundra, always at my side and I can put fit him/her with a gun of my choosing! I shall call it Spot like the human pet in the movie. Lol and give him simple commands of go there. Wait. Attack. From the emote selection

3 Likes

Or maybe name it DogMetal

2 Likes

Hacking could give a chance of “taming” enemies of lower class. Unfortunately, they wouldn’t make it for very long. Encounter a tank and splash.

1 Like

@pegnose Maybe a new challenge prerequisite reward?

This idea is almost just as bad as “Rivals”! I like it :grinning:

1 Like

I played ReCore for some time before GZ. And that is a central part of the game. Taming a few bots and modding them stronger. Works like a charm, especially the way they support you in fights and always manage to get out of your way. So the idea is silly … but silly good :+1:

But it think we are looking into man-years of coding :astonished:

1 Like

Not sure, Ian. Runners are already pretty good at following each other around. Now they just have to follow me. And their attack patterns could be kept as well, just reverse the roles (friend/foe).

Of course I am usually completely wrong when it comes to speculation meeting reality. :wink:

Btw, one HUGE concern with this idea: I really like the quiet in the game sometimes after all enemies are gone. Imagine silence being completely gone, because some robot is constantly 3 m behind you.

2 Likes

You might be right, @pegnose. Perhaps it wouldn’t be a tremendous task after all. One of the problems, I suppose, would be how to make them “bond” with you.

And so do I! That’s one of the reasons why I think NPC’s could spoil a lot. But wouldn’t it be lovely to feel the cold metallic snout of a runner gently pushing your arm, wagging its tail and hoping for a fresh power cell treat while you sit and admire the sunset over the ocean? :dog::heart::battery::sunrise:

2 Likes

Thank you, you made my day. :smiley:

2 Likes

I want to add input but at the same time it’ll spoil things about what we know on end game info… lol. But I think we are on the same page about taming…and some hacking implementing.

The hunters have a raised bash bar (visible here) on top of their torso, I always thought it would be fun to commandeer a hunter to Uber you around, sitting on top of it and holding on to the handlebar for dear life. :smiley:

1 Like

@INTERPOL lol nice! I felt sorta the same. I’ve always wanted to gut them partly and add a cage as a vehicle/suit. Lol if I was in the world I’d pull out a gas torch and an ibm computer and go to town since in real life I enjoy doing things like that why wouldn’t I in that situation

Yes! I mean it wouldn’t offer much of an advantage because you would eventually just blow up. Still, a hunter corpse mech suit would be awesome! Not as a gameplay feature perhaps, but as an easter egg that only spawns at a single location or something, just for shits and giggles.

1 Like

@INTERPOL right. It definitely wouldn’t last long against a group of hunter. Like we’ve all been there once or twice. 4-6 hunters and a party of tanks just randomly got way to hot at times on a blue moon now days. With the dlc maybe that can be some lost engineers work. Idk. Just fun to think of it. It doesn’t help when I had this distilled Love I got from lost planet 2 when you at times had chances to get a couple mechs. Yank their guns off and mix match them up to make that perfect mech during a mission. I love the concept.

Like in real life you’ll always see me port/polishing and adding new attachments to my guns in the garage. I just love modifying and creating new things from old

I once found a hunter stuck in a ditch. It couldn’t move and sitting there while facing the working end of my HP5 it produced some heartbreaking, wailing noises. I felt sorry for it, and being me (soft and emphatic), I really wanted to help it out. But how? Obviously it ended badly for the hunter and I found myself relieved of a clip of rounds.

But what if I could have helped the poor hunter out? Imagine if I could have untangled the fence wire that blocked its leg actuators? Or if I could have reattached the hydraulic pump fitting that had left it paralyzed? Then I would have won myself an Ally. A grateful machine that would protect me in a fight until its last drop of hydraulic oil. It would drop me its lure (or alarm horn) as a token of our bond, which I would keep in my backpack inventory. We would part as friends. But next time I would find myself in a pickle facing a tough Rival, I would drop the lure, and my Ally would come running to fight by my side.

Just an idea.

8 Likes

If the machines ran on human emotions then this would make a ton of sense! But sadly they are machines, so they use code of some sort to complete any sort of logic (from an in game lore perspective)
SPOILER

Summary

Though they use human brains in the process, this does not in fact mean the machines are human, i feel like FNIX itself as a program uses the brain as some sort of hub to gather its code and utilize in some way.

Though more and more people are asking for ally machines, so who knows what might come someday. i think if we as the player were to build a machine from the ground up, and use a sort of “mini-fnix” program to then we maybe could have an ally in that respect, but then where would we get the hub to contain the code? it all is a catch 22 when it comes to having the machines be an ally, narrative and game play wise.

You do have allies though, in the form of other players. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Question: would it be both in solo and multi?
If so: no…
Reason is obvious: 4 players summoning a machine each?
Game already is off track balance wise.
If not, hell yes.
Why not…?

1 Like