Map issues can go here

Ah, right. I tried to see if it was already done, but it was hard to know what to search for. Sorry.

Sure, the thread gets slowly longer. I am curious what I have missed so far.

Garphammar has 2 map icons, one without collectable

Some of these later weapon/ammo storage huts/closets are not on the map, while the earlier ones mostly are.

Want me to include this thread on my List :tm: ?

1 Like

I think that makes sense. Make it a sticky too, if that is ok.

There are probably a couple more findings out there. :wink:

1 Like

I’m confused about the current state of the Skogshult map bug. After searching this forum, it’s been mislabeled and even spent time as Sandbo. I’m lost. But there’s a mission there as well, and I can’t tell if the mission item is in the wrong place or quite what.

For clarity, Skogshult is here (the coords are correct) -2025, 1765

The mission it offers is “Hogging Supplies” and starts in a house at -287, 1507, which doesn’t keep a name on the map.

The mission finishes just North of where it starts, so you can complete the Skogshult mission before ever getting there.

I’m thinking the start item is in the wrong house.

So you basically picked up the mission where you stand there on the map and the counter at Skogshult went up?

That’s correct. We were at Skogshult proper the previous week looking everywhere for the mission, and it’s not there. It’s at that unnamed little farm.

I’ll probably make a new character soon. I’ll take a look then, as well.

I have two safe house locations for Yttervik (starting point). One spawns you on the shore, the other in the actual safe house.

Lennart’s Marin safe house icon missing from map (not compass) after Nov update

The hud says Lilla Hagbo while the map says Stora Hagbo; the tool tip on the map does not say anything about the weapon that is supposed to be here

The hud says this is Stora Hagbo, it doesn’t have a map marker

Kalleby has 2 map markers, only one mentions the mission

Klinte has 2 map markers, only one mentions the missions etc.

1 Like

Surprisingly the only map problems I’ve ever had is falling infinitely.

When you get further into the game and travel more you’ll notice all sorts of oddities. It’s not install-specific.

1 Like

I know, it rarely happens but it’s present sometimes. Just restart. No biggie.

That is a terrain issue. This thread is for map issues (issues of the map view or location names etc.).

Got ya, my misunderstanding. I thought it meant the entirety of the subject of everything in relations to the geography/map, my apologies.

I don’t think it’s a bug. Instead, in real life, not all military installations are marked on public maps for security reasons. And to me, that’s what this also represents in game.

1 Like

I agree with @Aesyle here. Military installations often keep secrets hidden for a reason. Plus evidence has proven before that some locations are not registered on the map after discovery. Perfect example is new DLC has an Easter egg of a hidden church base under the lighthouse. So I believe this applies in relevance. Perhaps they may have updates or other content added that further this theory of why it’s not a major focus. We do know however that the storyline contains many secrets as well as the overall gameplay contains Easter eggs that are unmarked unless discovered in odd places like the Delorean at a random farm. I haven’t had many issues with places registering but I have been quite fortunate on the game running smoothly other than missions bugging out but I usually get around them and it registers nonetheless. That’s actually a good point though @pegnose, thanks for bringing that to attention.

You could see it that way. I only found those locations to be present in earlier regions very consistently. So I thought it was either a (misguided, in my eyes) difficulty manipulation of the game (later regions are not holding your hands that much), or a mere oversight while rushing to finish the map populating it with stuff.

I’d like to see it as a bug or something that should not be the way it is.

Just to make this point very clear: Basically every building is visible on the map (the DLC map just looks a little “sloppy” in the way the buildings are drawn). You could explain some of those storage buildings missing if they are (and look) particularly new, or if they are hidden by other parts of the landscape. But neither is the case.

Again this talk. You are not a mod or a dev or associated with Avalanche in any way. On behalf of whom are you thanking? You come across real strange.

In this game, buildings that are on the surface, are shown on the map. At least in the base game. Underground compounds or secret objects in other buildings add nothing of value to this point of discussion.

1 Like

@pegnose I was thanking you for pointing out your theory as well as the fact that I am keeping it in mind.

PS: I am not a dev or mod and I am aware of this. No need to point it out every time when I am simply trying to help others out. If it’s pointless to comment on the forums then why am I even here? Let me do me and you do you and enjoy the forums because I’m not here to start any trouble mate. I seriously don’t understand what personal grudge you have against me but give me an honest chance. That is the end of this discussion.

1 Like