More complex survival

They would first need to add it so each character file would be different but the storage box is still shared

They should first take care of the major bugs, and i believe the best would be to be make this so called “hardcore mode” to be a “Mode” an option, i love Stalker and Fallout and an indie game called The Solus Project, but this game is not ready for such features,and you already die too easily , there is even the huge fall damage, it`s like your body is made of pure glass.
And don’t forget there would be major bugs with such new system implemented.

Survival elements all chew off time and attention from the actual/intended game play. It changes the game. I don’t want that. There are enough games out there where you can starve and freeze as much as you want and run around tediously collecting materials and craft the heck out of it. For many people, including me, this is just not exciting. It is annoying, tiresome.

Enough of an explanation?

3 Likes

I’m kinda with @pegnose on this one. I mean, I don’t mind survival being in a separate mode that I’ll never have to play (although yes, I’d prefer the developer time went into some DLC I’d enjoy). But here’s why I wouldn’t be interested in using such a mode, ever:

• A world without people? Shooting hostile robots? Those are things I don’t have in my life, and that I am enjoying in the game.
  • Having to eat, drink, poop, keep warm, and do my taxes? Those are things I already have in my life, and don’t need to turn on the game for. For the most part, I don’t enjoy them enough to do them in real life, and then do them again in the game.

tl;dr I’d like for the game to supplement things I have in real life, not copy them. Especially not the chores. Otherwise, I’d buy Litterbox Simulator 2019.

So, your turn. What’s the appeal?

3 Likes

I couldn’t have said it any better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I kinda wouldn’t mind if when it snowed, you started to shiver after a while, making aiming more difficult. A short run would warm you up, but then running makes noise which might attract attention. Food, on the other hand is everywhere, as every house is open, and I would not want to have to stand next to a fire for (how long?) some time to “get warm”. Screw that! Anyway, we’d just ignore it and use a medkit from time to time, so really, it’d just be a medkit tax, just like my Mutuelle and I pay enough of that already!

I’ve played a couple of hours now with my friend and I don’t think we are nowhere near done with the game, but all the time I’ve been playing I’ve been thinking of how good the game would be with a proper survival mode. Manage hunger, thirst and sleep. Maybe be able to add defenses to safe houses and on some nights have robot raids where if you’re not in a safe house your pretty much screwed. The first hour or two was scary but not anymore since we have found decent weapons to destroy the robots and some sort of tactic when it comes to larger hordes or enemies. I would like to experience the same fear I had when I was surrounded by dogs with a rusty Möller PP and no ammo, a fear like if I don’t find water soon I’ll die, or will I have enough food to fight these robots or will I have to go loot and come back. This is something I would like to be put into the game and I hope there are more people that would like to see a proper survival mode.

Ps: I haven’t seen anyone else asking for this so apologies if there already is a topic for a survival mode. Have a good day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Merged several topics, where more complex survival mechanic is asked for, into one topic + corrected topic title.

//Mod

If you don’t search the forums then yes, you don’t see anyone else asking for it.

2 Likes

Well, I do prefer the game not to become a survival game with food and crafting. I like it how it is.

4 Likes

There are several good survival games to play, e.g: Subnautica, Solus Procjet, 7 Days to Die, DayZ etc and i too don’t think every game must have a complex survival mechanics in it.

3 Likes

Play The Long Dark if a survival game is what you want. That game is super atmospheric, with an exciting story mode. :slight_smile:
Keep this stuff out of GZ.

1 Like

I do agree with this it is more fun and I usually forget that u don’t lose inventory so I panic but this would be a great game mode, not everyone has money so making this acc part of the game and not a dlc would be great. Uve made a great point :slightly_smiling_face:

I think it would add a whole new dynamic to the game if they added survival game elements like eating, drinking etc. Maybe even have it a separate mode.

I’m biased though, I’m a sucker for survival games, what are you guys thoughts on it?

@poolwatertea It has been requested by many players before you.
(Your post is probably going to get merged… :wink: )

I disagree with survival elements in GZ. There are so many different playstyles you can have in GZ. Mine is an aggressive and fast paced one. I do like to explore, discover visual stories and use the photo mode, but I also jump head first into combat whenever I encounter it. I think it’s a bit boring to interrupt what you’re doing because you have to go on a loot run, and I think eating, drinking and such would only kill the pacing of the game for me.

I love The Long Dark, but if you took all the survival elements of TLD and added them to GZ, I would not play the game anymore. You could have much lighter survival elements, but then again there’s no point in it, just annoying and time consuming. So if anything, it would have to be in a separate “mode”. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am not for that kind of survival for this game. There are enough other games that have that.

3 Likes

tenor

4 Likes

Oh you playin minecraft? I like ya cut G.

1 Like

I figured I wasn’t the first to ask lol

I really didn’t expect everyone that commented to be against it either, I guess I’m in the minority! A separate mode would be the way to go though, so everyone is happy :slight_smile:

I just love the idea of nearly starving, having to sneak around rampaging robots and really fighting for my survival because right now there’s not really any consequence to dying.

Permadeath in a survival mode would be the dream for me, too

I respect anyone using an Office gif reaction

2 Likes

I’m just here to be merged into another topic with that similar suggestion. Look at me go!

On topic - It’s heavily requested and also heavily deflected, because we have seen how the Devs can take an idea and implement it if it gets popular enough (melee) without considering whether it’s a good idea or consulted the other side of the playerbase. I still hold high hopes that the Developers would back-track on their decisions, but that’s really dumb of me to do. They’ve made the decision and have already inflicted damage/doubt to a slice of the community, so if they pull that decision out… it hurts the other side that liked that implementation.

Melee - Implemented it once and I would say… This isn’t really what I had in mind for a game like this, but I guess people enjoy it, so I’ll reserve the stronger opinions… I had a doubtful taste after FNIX Rising that I would still try and put lightly, but when they pushed more melee and more short-term solutions, I realized that I may have missed my shot at being clear about these changes. It’s not a game that asks you to think or consider your options anymore, it has gone the ‘happy fun-times shooty-looty’

That said, this is what I’m seeing now… People are more vocal, because it’s two strikes in a row that push further in a certain direction. Not gonna say it’s outright bad, because certain people enjoy it, but it is different to me in a way that makes me afraid of more changes like those.

If I could, I’d only instruct the Devs to keep working on the game’s foundation, work on existing things and only improve the current game’s loop. I’d even let melee stay if it had that scaled implementation I mentioned ages ago -

And in an 8 month old video - This video (Linked at specific video time)

2 Likes