Mysterious artillery? [IN-GAME ODDITY]

I agree, :smiley: but either way he will fail because hell we just defeated a lot of robots

It would be interesting to know in which place of the timeline the bombardment is happening. I guess the most fitting place would be the first visit at the camp. Maybe 5 minutes earlier the resistance camp was filled with happy people chillin around and as soon as we get there the event triggers the shells and: well. sad. all ded. Maybe it will be changed to an intact camp and it only looks like it does right now when we get there the first time.

Kinda like all getting hyped up about meeting some people and then BOOM. nope. not today. wait for alpine unrest to meet people.

well we shall wait till tomorrow or next week

of course. and while waiting we can continue spreading conspiracy theories about the russians invading sweden trying to kill us and steal FNIX :smiley:

FNIX is independ… ok

I think it’s all tied together. The Resistance trying to establish a foothold, Calles’ mysterious messages, the fog in the South Coast Region, the mysterious “FNIX power generator” and the shelling of that resistance camp…

Ye. Calle´s messages brought me back to some places to reinvestigate some things. But mostly just because they both were mentioned together in the dev letter.

(spoiler alert and so on)

Just a really REALLY wild thought of mine: in the case it´s not a new dlc already then it would mean that the guns firing maybe already have been on the island, maybe even before ulmer merged with FNIX. In that case the easiest way of hiding them from us would be underground. Are there any hatches like in FOA4 around that could be interesting?

EDIT: NOW i start to just really randomly throw my guesses around. The Reaper in FOA 4 stands on a hatch saying FOA 2. FOA 2 is a Facility with no use as it is right now. But there seems to be also a hatch inside of the FOA 2 arena. The distance between the camp and FOA 2 should also make up for some projectile travel time. Coincedence? Of course, i guess.

1 Like

Besides the source of the artillery shot and what/who fired it, i’m also thinking why it was fired at that resistance camp. :thinking:

The current main theory is to wipe out resistance camp members and suppress the resistance.

Around Archipelago, there are several resistance camps on varying sizes. Whomever is behind shooting the artillery has plenty of range to hit every resistance camp. But for some reason only that specific resistance camp is fired upon and not others.

So, if the idea is to wipe out resistance, every small resistance camp and outpost should be shelled, but they aren’t.

Another idea is that the artillery shots are aimed to the player. But given the range of the artillery, player should be getting artillery shelling at random parts of the map, not in that specific location. So, there should be something else why artillery shots are fired at that location.

For that, i have a plausible reason.

Under the resistance camp is a bunker and my guess is that whomever is firing that artillery is trying to destroy that bunker.

Bunker is inside the cave and cave entrance is at the SW corner of the resistance camp island, near the waterline.

2 Likes

i guess thats a better reason to bombard this place :smiley:

but when i think about it … there are other bunkers with busted doors. and trying to destroy a bunker with artillery shells … wouldn´t there be a better way?

tagged this thread as spoiler for personal safety.
Love you guys’ ideas! Keep them coming <3

1 Like

Wow i completely forgot about that. That could be an actually really good lead. Could this be were Calle is!? Could this all lead to this bunker in particular?

the tin foil hat in the destroyed house near the mast would be a hint for that. then it would be interesting to know - looking at the bunker door - were they (the resistance) trying to lock calle in the bunker or did they want to get in there themself?

1 Like

Also how do you get to the bunker under the camp?

The only way to ever blow up a bunker is with either a bunkerbuster bomb or literally carve your way through which is a bit bad

On the southern middle part of the island is a cave entrance very close to the water. Go in there, do the jump and run and you´re there.

1 Like

Either that or to keep anything away from whats inside.

The mast on top of the hill with the bunker undearneath it seems to be too important to the army (or someone else) to communicate with someone else. Adding the fact its under shelling (either the actual shelling we can see or the craters that were there before) means that this position is very important. Because of that i guess the door got locked to keep something (or someone) inside safe.

Other bunkers have one key difference of them being easily reached by land. This bunker door is protected by the deep body of water, making accessibility considerably more difficult. (Also, when i fell into the water, i lost a lot of HP. It could’ve been a fluke or water is actually hazardous. I don’t know since i did my best not to fall into the water 2nd time around.)

If given FNIX is behind the artillery bombardment and since FNIX controls the machines, machines can’t traverse the water to enter the bunker via the door. Also, cave entrance is too small for tank and harv and probably for hunter as well. Runner does fit but runner’s weaponry isn’t powerful enough to blast through the bunker door(s).

So, when machines can’t enter the bunker via the door then 2nd best is going directly through the roof of the bunker (natural rock).

If you think about it. It wouldn’t be hard for them to update the ‘FNIX power generator’ to look like a cannon. It jolts up and down seemingly for 0 reason doesn’t do anything apart from let off steam. It has machines patrolling it for almost no reason. They could easily change it to look likes it’s full form, a cannon. ‘fnix power generator’ could be a way to throw off data miners and DECA users.

Has eny one thought about who shot it? And why exactly? Because if it were the FNIX or some thing one else why would they shoot at a camp?

1 Like