New Weapon Ideas

Dear developers! I would very much like to see the MG3 machine gun in the game. The path is even though in the German weapons pack (I’m willing to pay) or just like that. This is a fairly common machine gun with a great rate of fire and killing power and it is under the caliber of 7.61x51 which is already in the game. In addition, it is used in your country on some tanks)

2 Likes

The Tec-9 is a 9mm weapon. And I don’t see a point for introducing .38 ammo to the game. But I believe you meant .32. And for that ammo I’d like to see the Škorpion vz. 61. I believe we need a second weapon for that ammo. Not sure I would use it that much because the standard smg in game would probably be better.

1 Like

but sweden did not have the mg3 on tanks in the 80s or 90s, it was for our strv 122
We got the tank in 1997 and the machineguns followed with it. so the swedish army has the mg3, but that is today. Tanks at the time used the Ksp 58 and that was the standard issue machinegun for the armed forces. Today we use as a heavy machinegun the Browning 50 cal machinegun (used in the army and that one is usualy on a bipod and on ships and vehicles) and then the Ksp 58 (Used in the army and it is still very used in the swedish armed forces but now it is upgraded with attachments, execpt the homeguards, i think they dont have any attachments) And now the mg3, we didnt use it in the 80s, but we do today but it is not a common machinegun, it is used by special groups and on tanks

2 Likes

and now when i am already in this i can say that we have miniguns and Ksp 90 too
the ksp 90 is a swedish army standard issue machinegun

Two of these pictures are from the Swedish armed forces

Those two weapons are already in the game, albeit under different names. Unfortunately, because of how the game’s balanced, they’re not useful.

There’s a thread on the subject here:

Branching off-topic:

Tanks at that time used kulspruta m/39 (machinegun m/39) as the mg mounted in the tanks. And is still used in the CV90. The ksp 58 (mg 58) was used mounted on top of the tanks. And the 39 is basically an aircooled Browning M1917. The water cooled version is called kulspruta m/36 and it was in service up until early 90s I think. In static defense most probably. So the m/36 could be a weapon to add for base defense. (haven’t been able to try out bases yet so not sure how it works).

I think both the CV90 and strv 103 used ksp58. Not sure about ikv91 or Centurions, though.

Str 103 use ksp 58 but it’s not mounted inside. It has two mounted in boxes outside of the fighting compartment. So in order to reload the crew need to go outside.

CV90 has either ksp 39 or 58. On the modells that use the 39 it’s mounted parallell to the Canon. The modells with 58 has the mg mounted in top of the turret roof.

Centurion in swedish service has the kulspruta m/39.

The 58 is not a good mg for mounting inside the fighting compartment that’s why Sweden still use the older m/39 even today.

So m/36 and maybe m/39 could be a good weapon for static defense in the game.

Edit: forgott the Ikv 91. It also used the 39

the M/39 is only used in vehicles, not by infantry

But in game it could have been salvaged from a vehicle and then added to the base defense as a static weapon. Or the m/36 that in my opinion is better suited for static defense because of the weight and it’s water cooled so it can fire for a longer time before getting over heated.

i havent read whole post my bad , but a acid weapon would be cool against steel

Latest update brought the acid ammo we can use. It’s named Corrosive though. But it is especially useful against armor plating.

Hi devs! Was curious if there will be any new weapons added in the future? Maybe not in the upcoming update, but how about in future updates/weapon packs? I have some cool ideas for new weapons that i would like to share.

First weapon i had thought of is a craftable melee weapon, made using the blade from the Hunter robots. I always thought that their blades were cool, and a scaled down version like a retractable sword would be super cool.

Second weapon is a sniper rifle, and i feel it could be in between the hunting rifle and the PVG50. Since all the guns in GZ are based off of real guns, i was thinking maybe the french FR F2 sniper would be very fitting. It was a super cool gun to use in Resident Evil Village, and i thought it would fit nicely in 1980s Sweden.

Third weapon idea u have is either the Browning Hi Power or the Fabique Nationale Borwning pistol. Since there is only 3 pistols in the game, probably this new pistol could do less damage than the klauke, but have a higher fire rate.

Last weapon is another melee weapon, and it could be a emp type melee weapon, kindn of like a stun baton. So maybe it has a 15% chance of causing a robot to get the emp effect, that way it wont be too over powered.

Just thought that i’d share my ideas if you guys intend on adding any new weapons in any future updates. Keep working hard devs! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hey liquid, the team puts out developer letters all the time lately on upcoming guns and stuff they’re working on!
Interesting reads;

[shows N79 grenade launcher/molotov]

[shows N21 and COM-10]

We have tons to look forward to. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Moved to the mega-thread concerning new weapon ideas.

And yep, like @tene says, more new weapons are coming. Probably won’t be the last, either :slightly_smiling_face:

//Mod

Here’s a quick shop of what I think that the Tec-9 version the Swedish Armed Forces would’ve looked like in the 80’s. As mentioned before, I think it should be chambered in .32 in the game, offering a use for this abundant and later on useless type of ammunition.

A little bit of a made up gun, but barely any less real than any other in-game weapon.

1 Like

but i think the game whould be better with weapons the swedish armed forces had in the 80s and this i also like the k pist so i dont see a reason the bring this into the game. Instead of this iwhould rather have an automatic Pistol 88 (Glock) because that is a weapon that is today the standard pistol in the armed forces and it was bought first in i the late 1980s
10-0
so what i want is no made up weapons that we didnt use.

1 Like

Already in the game, in the form of Klaucke 17.

As far as what kind of new weapon there could be in the game, Lahti L-39 - Lahti L-39 - Wikipedia would be nice addition.

Rather than being operated and carried by one person (player), it could be mounted weapon in key locations within the game world. Or perhaps even a base module that can be built and then operated by the player.

1 Like